FC Dynasty Cup IV - Hespeler Impact, Champion Topic

Posted by quaker128 on 3/3/2020 9:35:00 AM (view original):
When do we begin scheduling the first round of knockout stage? Also is this a home and away format or one and done?
We both posted at about the same time, lol. The explanation is one post above.
3/3/2020 9:36 AM
Apologies for being late to the party. I'd not looked at the FC Dynasty forum in years. Putting this tourney together was/is a ton of work!
3/4/2020 5:29 PM
Posted by colinhtucker on 3/4/2020 5:29:00 PM (view original):
Apologies for being late to the party. I'd not looked at the FC Dynasty forum in years. Putting this tourney together was/is a ton of work!
You're not alone. My biggest problem when I was first setting this up was to get the word out. Most FC Dynasty players probably don't know FC Dynasty Cup exists because they never look in the forums (why would they?) World 85 is really the only world that uses the forums.

It is a bit of work but the feedback I have gotten over the past year has been positive...so, as long as people enjoy it, I'm game.
3/4/2020 8:39 PM
Alright, the First Round literally begins at midnight when Cambridge Hornets host North Polar Dragons FC in the first leg of the 8/9 match-up.

10 of the 16 First Round games have already been scheduled. Considering all 84 of the Group Stage games went off without a hitch, I'm not too worried about the others. A couple of teams have just rolled over to a new season, so they may be intentionally delaying to schedule a few days until they sign some players. Just in case, I'll start listing any outstanding contests in the Unscheduled Games post (post #7) on March 8th.

We started out with 28 and are down to 16. Who will make the final 8? We'll know soon enough.
3/5/2020 7:34 AM (edited)
North Polar Dragons FC takes the opening game of the Knockout Rounds 2-1, benefiting from a red card in the 70th minute, which forced Cambridge Hornets to play a man down for the remainder of the game.
3/5/2020 7:39 AM
The first casualty in the Knockout Rounds just happens to be the defending Champion Aurea Cruce Aquilonis, who was eliminated on a 7-2 aggregate by Hespeler Impact. That guarantees a new Champion will be crowned at the conclusion of this tournament.
3/6/2020 1:09 PM
Just scheduled my game...I'm pumped to be the #2 seed.....that usually means we'll blow it.
3/6/2020 7:04 PM
There is one more game to be played today, as black mambas and Charlotte Captains finish up the 4/13 match-up (unless there is a tie, of course.) Tomorrow is the "big" day for the First Round with five games on the docket.

3/7/2020 8:47 AM
Crunchanators- you need to challenge me as well.
3/7/2020 6:33 PM
Posted by b_dykman on 3/7/2020 6:33:00 PM (view original):
Crunchanators- you need to challenge me as well.
Two more teams, black mambas and North Polar Dragons FC, have advanced to the Quarterfinals. The other four games today are at 7pm.

I have updated the Unscheduled Games list (post #7) just below the L'Orteil D'or tracker to include the lone game in the First Round that still needs to be done. I'll send a reminder sitemail and will monitor the situation. I'm confident the game will be scheduled.
3/8/2020 8:09 AM
Lots of good action today as all but one match-up has now registered a final. The highlight, however, is undoubtedly the one provided by 101 year old Edman Hallberg from Metropolitan Screaming Eagles, who scored his first goal of the tournament, which ended up being the game winner in a 3-2 victory, putting the entire Burnaby Hillbillies' defense to shame, lol.

The play-by-play for the historic goal has been captured for the sake of posterity.

"Edman Hallberg beats the offside trap and hits a hard, low shot directly at the lower corner of the goal. The shot beats the diving Austyn de Lafitte's outstretched arms and hits the goal post and then in for a goal!"
3/8/2020 8:55 PM (edited)
The one game today went to Capital Punishment, who defeated Swampdragons 2-0 in the first leg of the 2/15 match-up. There are three more games tomorrow (all three will decide a First Round series) and the return game between Punishment and Swampdragons is on March 13th.
3/9/2020 2:18 PM
Rushmore FC becomes the fourth team to grab a quarterfinals spot, beating Merchiston FC 7-4 on aggregate.

Two more series will wrap up the afternoon at 1pm.
3/10/2020 8:27 AM
For the first time in FC Dynasty Cup history, we have ourselves a tie!

#3 Swamp City Dragons and #14 Fort Worth Longhorns are in an absolute tie with a 3-3 aggregate and both teams scoring one away goal. As the higher seed, Swamp City has the option to host an additional game. As long as Swamp City sends the challenge and Fort Worth accepts before the evening of the 12th, the additional game will decide the series. Otherwise, we'll go to a coin flip. Any questions about the tiebreaker procedure, please ask.

In the other game, Metropolitan Screaming Eagles defeats Burnaby Hillbillies in a hard-fought series.
3/10/2020 2:20 PM (edited)
Posted by gomiami1972 on 3/10/2020 2:20:00 PM (view original):
For the first time in FC Dynasty Cup history, we have ourselves a tie!

#3 Swamp City Dragons and #14 Fort Worth Longhorns are in an absolute tie with a 3-3 aggregate and both teams scoring one away goal. As the higher seed, Swamp City has the option to host an additional game. As long as Swamp City sends the challenge and Fort Worth accepts before the evening of the 12th, the additional game will decide the series. Otherwise, we'll go to a coin flip. Any questions about the tiebreaker procedure, please ask.

In the other game, Metropolitan Screaming Eagles defeats Burnaby Hillbillies in a hard-fought series.
I would hate to see this game go to a coin toss. I am all for the 3rd game hosted by Swamp City and will accept asap
3/10/2020 2:26 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...11 Next ▸
FC Dynasty Cup IV - Hespeler Impact, Champion Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.