FC Dynasty Cup IV - Hespeler Impact, Champion Topic

Sent a challenge for third place if you are interested.
3/29/2020 2:09 AM
Posted by KSBeachBums on 3/29/2020 2:09:00 AM (view original):
If you guys do a 3rd place game, I'll record it in the historical stats thread. The World Cup and the Olympics always do a bronze medal game. We might as well too.
3/29/2020 2:22 AM
The Championship has been scheduled with both games on the 31st.
3/29/2020 9:20 AM
Posted by KSBeachBums on 3/29/2020 2:09:00 AM (view original):
Challenge accepted! Thanks!
3/30/2020 1:46 PM
bert_fisher, go ahead and send me a return challenge and we can place a home and home for third.
3/30/2020 7:18 PM
The first leg of the Championship has been completed as Hespeler Impact takes a 3-1 home victory over the crutchanators of soccer. The 2nd leg is at 7pm tonight. If crutchanators wins that game by 2 goals, I'll post a coin flip to decide which team will host the first tiebreaker game.

The 3rd Place game is also scheduled at 7pm. If it ends up being a home and home, no rush in scheduling it. I'll record the results whenever the return game is played. Goals in the 3rd Place game will not count towards the L'Orteil D'or award.
3/31/2020 9:10 AM
This will be the final FC Dynasty Cup IV post, officially ending the competition. Of course, additional feedback is always welcome and feel free to continue posting tournament comments here on this thread or by sitemailing me with comments that I can post on your behalf. I hope everyone enjoyed the tournament.

Hespeler Impact fell down 3-0 in the first 10 minutes of the final match (which would have cost them the title) and then fought back for a 3-3 draw, defeating the crutchanators of soccer with a 6-4 aggregate to take the Championship, the coveted trophy and a place in FC Dynasty Cup history. Many congratulations to crutchanators for the Runner-Up finish. In the inaugural 3rd Place game, Metropolitan Screaming Eagles take the consolation prize over Rushmore FC with a 9-3 aggregate.

With 28 teams participating in a competition that started its sign-up phase in the first week of February, every single game was scheduled and we even had our first tiebreaker game and our first coin toss. Thank you once again for making FC Dynasty Cup a complete success. I can do all of the planning in the world but these tournaments would never work if it was not for the dedication of all of you who are playing. My sincere gratitude for supporting this tournament.

Between now and the start of FC Dynasty Cup V, I will be updating the historical records thread with the new data from this championship. Based on the way the calendar looks, the sign-up phase for FCD V will begin after the US Memorial Day holiday travel week (if there is a travel week this year!) In the meantime, enjoy your individual world play. I hope to see all of you again in the next tournament and please pass the word to fellow FC Dynasty players that may not know about what we do here.

So, until next time, when a new set of teams spanning the FC Dynasty universe get together to contest for the untimate prize - the FC Dynasty Cup!

See you in late May/early June.
4/4/2020 9:34 PM (edited)
We did schedule a home and home for third with the 2nd leg on 4/4.
4/2/2020 1:00 PM (edited)
Posted by KSBeachBums on 4/1/2020 12:07:00 AM (view original):
We did schedule a home and home for third with the 2nd leg on 4/2.
Excellent. I didn't forget about you guys. I'll add that date to the 3rd Place game in the Knockout Rounds post on page one. If Rushmore wins the return game 4-1, I'll do a coin flip for the host of the tiebreaker game. When the series is complete, I'll blue highlight the winning team and will edit the "final post" above to mention the winner/results of the inaugural 3rd Place Game.
4/1/2020 2:39 AM
Unless I'm reading it wrong, the 3rd place match-up will be decided at 7pm on April 4th.

just like the Tokyo Olympics, I'm not passing out any bronze medals this year, unfortunately.
4/1/2020 5:56 PM (edited)
The 3rd Place contest has finally been decided, as the last game of this tournament goes to Metropolitan Screaming Eagles 5-2 on the road against Rushmore FC, winning the series with a 9-3 aggregate.

Everything is now official and I'm signing off. Look for updated historical stats to start rolling in the next week. Take care, everyone and thanks for your dedication to this tournament.

Jay
4/4/2020 9:39 PM
Are you about ready to get this tournament going again?
6/1/2020 1:30 AM
Posted by KSBeachBums on 6/1/2020 1:30:00 AM (view original):
Are you about ready to get this tournament going again?
Yeah. I should be creating the two-week sign up period for FC Dynasty Cup V soon. I originally planned for right after Memorial Day but I never dreamed the COVID lockdown would last as long as it did. I'm trying to figure out how to handle July 4th weekend. I'm expecting a lot of people to be out of town. If I start sign ups now, we'd be in the middle of the Group Stage when the 4th hits. If I wait a couple of more weeks, then the Group Stage can begin on July 6th or so.

Any suggestions?
6/3/2020 2:21 AM
I am good with either time frame, as we have no plans to do any travelling for the July 4th holiday at this time.
6/3/2020 9:51 AM
I certainly won't be traveling and would welcome the distraction of this tournament as soon as possible.
6/3/2020 8:43 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9|10|11 Next ▸
FC Dynasty Cup IV - Hespeler Impact, Champion Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.