Defensive replacement question Topic

If the conditions for player rest and/or defensive replacement are meet, i would like my Starting C to move to 2B, my Starting 2B to head to the bench, and a player from the bench come in to play C.

I have everyone checked as available to rest. I have the heirarchies with Starting C as the backup at 2nd, but I can't get him to move over there. Thoughts?
2/5/2020 11:59 AM
I'd send a ticket. I'm doing something similar with defensive replacements and it works fine for me. Although my changes don't involve a catcher moving to another position -- maybe that's the problem?
2/5/2020 12:44 PM
Thanks for the response. I unchecked the starting catcher's 'allow rest' box. Maybe that is the problem. If that doesn't work I'll try a ticket.
2/5/2020 1:15 PM
Wouldn’t you want your backup C at the #1 spot on the depth order at C, and your starting C at the #1 spot on the 2B depth chart?
2/5/2020 1:36 PM
Yes I would and they are just so.
2/5/2020 1:38 PM
The way I currently have it set up has successfully caused King Kelly, my starting catcher, to start the game at second base when my starting second baseman's pregame fatigue condition is met (i.e. 98%), and my AAA catcher then starts the game at catcher. That is great. I'm just trying to figure out how to achieve the mid-game version under rest/def replace conditions.

Defensive Replacement Screenshot

Advanced Hitter Settings Screenshot
2/14/2020 11:00 AM (edited)
Had these responses from a ticket I sent in.

(6 days ago) Hi,

The engine isn't smart enough to move players around when replacing defensively. It's really looking at each position independently to decide whether a replacement should be made. So it's not really possible to do what you're trying to do. Sorry.

(2 days ago) Sorry, I misspoke before. It is possible for players to shift around positions when defensive replacements are made, but that won't happen when it's a rest situation. The boxscore from your original message was a rest situation. It's also unlikely that Kelly would replace Easley for defensive reasons since he's a much worse defender at 2B.
2/14/2020 10:55 AM
I can't see your screenshots so can't help you there. But the final sentence in your response above is the key. When making late inning defensive changes, SIM will not replace a player with a poorer defensive player, regardless of how you have your hierarchies set.
2/16/2020 5:43 PM
Would it be more accurate to say that the SIM will not have an inferior defensive player switch positions mid game? I've never had a problem with inferior defensive players being used as defensive replacements. I always use my AAA players in this way, and the SIM will always put in the backup even if their defensive rating is D/D-.
2/16/2020 9:43 PM
Just tell your starting players to make sure they keep the ball in front of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2/19/2020 9:48 AM
Defensive replacement question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.