Big Announcement Topic

Yes, a robot asking you to prove you're not a robot—that's some impudence, right there. And not smart a robot, either. This one's befuddled by the word motor. Always asking us to click on these newfangled "motor buses." Which I guess differentiate them from the old-timey horse-drawn buses. And are motorcycles the same as bicycles now? According to these tests they are. When I hear bicycle I think of Pee-Wee Herman, or Margaret Hamilton in Wizard of Oz, not Peter Fonda straddling a Harley Davidson in Easy Rider. And what's the deal with airplane peanuts?
5/5/2020 3:46 PM
tons of ads on the forum now. i use my work computer for everything now and it prevents me from downloading adblock extensions.

not great, WIS. totally understand ads for a free product but since we're all paying to be here this feels a bit greedy.

5/12/2020 10:45 AM
Yeah I had to turn on AdBlocker to fend them off. PlayStore makes it a quick fix though. Not a fan of popups at all...but hey, if it generates enough revenue to get us an update, go for it.

Easy upload to my LG tablet, running Chrome, no further ad issues.
5/12/2020 11:01 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by 06gsp on 5/12/2020 10:45:00 AM (view original):
tons of ads on the forum now. i use my work computer for everything now and it prevents me from downloading adblock extensions.

not great, WIS. totally understand ads for a free product but since we're all paying to be here this feels a bit greedy.

I do get the ads are a bit annoying, but it's hard to demand the updates to this site we all want without additional revenue streams. If the ads are what they need to do for now to get more resources, everyone should be all for it. We can't demand changes, and then call them "greedy" when they do whatever is necessary to fund improvements.
5/13/2020 12:56 AM
Can you hire JuggaloSteve to run Marketing and Dev for WiS? We can relate to him pretty well. And while you're at it, lower the cost of Silver King?
7/25/2020 8:50 PM
Posted by stlyward on 7/25/2020 8:50:00 PM (view original):
Can you hire JuggaloSteve to run Marketing and Dev for WiS? We can relate to him pretty well. And while you're at it, lower the cost of Silver King?
Silver King is already one of the best bargains in the system at just over $43,000/IP.....
8/27/2020 11:32 AM
i havent read through all the posts on this subject so if i am repeating something my apologizes. i believe if you want more people to enjoy this and more importantly more return users i think you need to make a more even playing field for new users. when i first started playing 8 years ago i thought what a great idea and how much fun this could be. after about a year or two of trying everything, reading threads, pretty much learning all i could i got really discouraged. Placing new users in the same leagues with players that have thousands of games under their belt just isnt fair and even worse just isnt fun and i completely abandoned the site until just recently (since i became unemployed). i am hooked again but i can see the same feelings coming on and that is why bother?
10/14/2020 9:04 AM
Thing is, I cant recall how I found this site, but I have NEVER seen any advertising about this game, no ads, no nothing, THAT would be an. Ideal way to get new blood in here. Facebook, Twitter, TikTok ads would bring baseball fans to come try it, advertise the free spring training teams, or offer a 1 time half price first full season team, get them hooked! Who the heck is in charge of your recruiting/advertising, guess it should be someone like me!
11/19/2020 8:15 PM
Posted by eestreet on 10/14/2020 9:04:00 AM (view original):
i havent read through all the posts on this subject so if i am repeating something my apologizes. i believe if you want more people to enjoy this and more importantly more return users i think you need to make a more even playing field for new users. when i first started playing 8 years ago i thought what a great idea and how much fun this could be. after about a year or two of trying everything, reading threads, pretty much learning all i could i got really discouraged. Placing new users in the same leagues with players that have thousands of games under their belt just isnt fair and even worse just isnt fun and i completely abandoned the site until just recently (since i became unemployed). i am hooked again but i can see the same feelings coming on and that is why bother?
I think eestreet has hit on a crucial point too long neglected by the various owners and operators of this site over the years.

It is important to create a beginners' section for the Open Leagues and a more Advanced Section so that those just joining are not completely overwhelmed AND taken advantage of.

It is important to have a standard sitemail to send to those who form their first team and post it explaining what AAA are, how they work, how to find out who they are and why that is important; to reduce somewhat the number of advised PA and IP in the Draft Center which open sabotage of new players here; to advise strongly to read the Forum and especially the Best OF series posted and collected by contrarian23 of various contributors, and tell them that the AAA will be their real bench and they should only really use the WW to trade in the low price players for someone good as they replace those with the AAA. This should be in an introductory sitemail that once it has been written once, can be automatically sent by the site to all newbies here.

All newbies should be eligible to join the rest of the population in the more advanced section of Open Leagues after say their 5th team.

No one should be eligible for the beginners' section after their 20th team. Maybe even after their 15th.
11/21/2020 10:06 AM
When you make the big change in OL's please be sure to change what it says in green at the top of the GM page.

And BTW, I am not a robot.

I identify as a 1973 Chevy Monte Carlo, silver taupe, with a black landau roof. It's the year of the round headlights. My pronouns are groovy wheels / the roadster.
3/7/2021 4:52 PM
I "am......a robot" . What is all this discrimination against us robots ? :)
9/1/2021 9:11 PM
Bad thing about picture robot checks are that they are small. Can't always make out what they are.
9/24/2021 5:23 PM
I joined WIS years ago. What hooked me? I was looking up Fantasy Baseball in the spring. An ad for WIS leagues was there. A picture of Ruth, Gehrig and others was featured. The history of baseball with guys I loved was a great come-on-in. Much better than the generic Fonts and discriptions used now. Go back to the old advertisement.. I would bet there will be an increase in older guys that have disposable income join in.
7/7/2023 1:24 PM
â—‚ Prev 12345
Big Announcement Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.