Gibson (an original world) we are full for S-54 Topic

We currently have just rolled to Season 54 in Gibson world, and we have two openings. One of the owners disappeared and the other owner was too busy with his job to keep up.

Below you will find the links to the two franchises that are available.We are a very stable world, with very low owner turnover from season to season.

I am also posting a copy of our private world rules for you to look through as you consider whether or not to join.

If you wish to join or learn anything else about our world, please sitemail me ASAP.
2/12/2020 1:34 AM
AL Available Team Team taken

NL Available Team Team taken
2/18/2020 4:31 PM (edited)
Private World Rules

1. Above all, Gibson exists for league members to enjoy simulated baseball in their spare time. No league member should infringe on the pleasure of others by using derogatory remarks, repeated vulgar language or insults directed at any other league member. The eligibility committee reserves the right to remove any league member breaking this rule.

2. In any given season every league member must win a minimum of 55 games. In any two consecutive seasons a league member must win 115 games and in any three consecutive seasons a league member must win 185 games. A one season "grace period" will be given for an owner's first season in the league. The win rule begin in season 2 and will be in effect for the rest of the owner's participation in Gibson. Failure to hit the minimum win requirements will result in sanctions up to and including possible expulsion from the league. Each case will be looked at individually and sanctions will be determined by the Eligibility Committee. The Committee reserves the right to become involved immediately if it (or the league) feels any owner is not trying to improve their franchise and win to the best of their ability (aka-any owner who is deliberately "tanking"). Depending on the circumstances, as deemed by the committee and/or the league, expulsion from Gibson could result..

3. Any league member that fails to meet these requirements may appeal to the eligibility committee for a 1 year probationary season. To be eligible for this probationary season, the owner must prove that they are making a serious and verifiable effort to be competitive (as judged by the eligibility committee). The following season the team must have marked improvement (as judged by the eligibility committee) to retain their team, with all governing rules in full force from that point forward.

4. No franchise is to play in a ballpark with a HR factor of +4 or -4.

5. When a franchise is relocated, they must spend a minimum of 5 seasons in their new home. The only exception to this will be for a new league member taking over a franchise during the season. In that case, the new league member may choose to relocate the franchise at the start of the following season.

6. A Hall of Fame committee has been established. It is comprised of 7 members. Four of the members are permanently appointed, while the other three are rotating members (who change each season). The job of this committee is to narrow the list of HOF candidates to only those most worthy of this high honor. Their list is presented to all members of the league for a final vote. While the committee's list cannot be made binding, it is strongly suggested that their recommendations be followed completely by all members of the league. (THIS COMMITTEE'S ROLE IS CURRENTLY SUSPENDED, THOUGH MAY BE REACTIVATED IF DEEMED NECESSARY)

7. All league members are expected to maintain their minor league teams to, at least, a level of minimum competitiveness. These expectations mainly will concern keeping an adequate number of pitchers on staff to avoid fatigue issues. Any franchise who throws fatigued pitchers on a regular basis or has grossly non-competitive W-L records throughout their minor leagues will come under the scrutiny of the eligibility committee. If the issue is not able to be resolved after the committee becomes involved, expulsion from the league could result.

8. The league commissioner is KSBeachBums. He will serve indefinitely at the pleasure of league membership.

9. The eligibility committee is made up of ksbeachbums, kcclark, aikdog, slocker3, ruffleswest, fflgopher and alebear. All decisions rendered by the committee will be the result of a majority vote. They will serve at the pleasure of league membership.
2/12/2020 1:38 AM
Good league. I have stayed for 48 seasons
2/12/2020 3:17 PM
Good league. I plan to stay for 48 seasons.
2/12/2020 4:34 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 2/12/2020 4:34:00 PM (view original):
Good league. I plan to stay for 48 seasons.
Hopefully you'll win more titles than I have in my 48.
2/12/2020 8:52 PM
I left this league (only due to financial difficulty and nothing else) and then came back. Really good owners. Fair trades. Having the eligibility committee means that all decisions are made fairly and thought over rather then one owner having all the power.

Highly recommend.
2/14/2020 10:27 AM
We only need two owners and we can get started again. Come and join the fun.
2/14/2020 6:36 PM
Hi, I'm interested in the NL team. Thanks for considering me.
2/15/2020 1:13 PM
Only need one owner, and then we get going again.
2/17/2020 1:45 PM
Great league. Fair and honest commish and owners.
2/17/2020 5:46 PM
Pick today play tomorrow
2/17/2020 10:06 PM
FILLED
2/18/2020 10:30 AM
We are full. Thanks to everyone for the interest.
2/18/2020 4:31 PM
Gibson (an original world) we are full for S-54 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.