All of Italy is on Lockdown now Topic

italyprof.....stay safe...stay in......
become agoraphobic..it is healthy right now.
go to supermarkets that close at midnight if they have them there and get there at 1130 pm when no one is there.
if no cars in parking lot go in...
use self checkout.
avoid italian restaurants and chinese restuarants
3/9/2020 8:20 PM
I've been following the situation in Italy through the Parisian dailys that I read.

You take care and be safe. We are praying for you.

Jay
3/9/2020 8:30 PM
a great new online magazine that could bring in advertising and could be worked on from home.

coronavirus daily or weekly
a news and science online paper with info and stories and updates.
advertiser funded.
3/9/2020 9:26 PM
Posted by dino27 on 3/9/2020 9:26:00 PM (view original):
a great new online magazine that could bring in advertising and could be worked on from home.

advertiser funded.
Yeah, it's called cnn.com
3/9/2020 9:40 PM
some places we should all avoid - gyms.......concerts....crowded movie theaters - go only to early afternoon matinees.......bars........vaping and hookah places.for those who go.......shooting ranges.........doctor's offices.........crowded pharmacies.........buses......trains...........cigar shops.........malls.........dentists.......religious houses of worship........used book stores.
3/9/2020 9:40 PM
Posted by toddcommish on 3/9/2020 9:40:00 PM (view original):

advertiser funded.
you're right they do a good job...a more exclusively dedicated online paper could have more on daily advice and local news......how to cope in hot spots......new advances.......human interest stories.......eating at home long term...etc.
3/9/2020 9:56 PM
Dying within 2 hours on non-living surfaces doesn’t sound right. I’ll admit to not knowing all the facts surrounding Corona, but I’m hearing from my health science class that it’s in excess of 30 hours, much longer than normal viruses.
3/10/2020 11:31 AM
I heard somewhere it's days on some surfaces. Be careful out there Steven and everybody really!
3/10/2020 11:49 AM
Posted by dino27 on 3/9/2020 9:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by toddcommish on 3/9/2020 9:40:00 PM (view original):

advertiser funded.
you're right they do a good job...a more exclusively dedicated online paper could have more on daily advice and local news......how to cope in hot spots......new advances.......human interest stories.......eating at home long term...etc.
China is at least trying to sell the story that the outbreak is already winding down in Wuhan. It's not going to last forever. Who's going to put in the startup capital to start a significant publication that will be obsolete in 3 years?

Look, I get why we're reacting strongly to this virus. It makes sense. Let healthcare facilities ramp up before it gets everywhere, minimize the cost in human life. In the short term we're paying a cost for this response in economic impact, but if it saves lives it's worth it.

But people are also losing perspective. A lot more people are still dying from yellow fever - a disease for which we already have a vaccine - than from COVID-19 globally. A lot more people are still dying of influenza - in the United States alone - than globally from COVID-19. A lot more people are dying from tuberculosis, malaria, and shigella (the leading cause of dysentary) than from COVID-19. I may be missing some pathogens, but at least 5 pathogenic agents are killing more people right now, on a daily basis, than COVID-19. Not to mention drunk drivers.

Again, using an abundance of precaution does seem perfectly reasonably in the short term. But I wouldn't operate under the assumption that this is the new normal. I know I, for one, am waiting for prices to bottom out on travel stocks (airlines and cruise lines), and then I'm going to bet heavily on their rebounding in the next 2-3 years.
3/10/2020 1:16 PM
i was waiting for this post from you. i knew it was coming.
3/10/2020 1:21 PM
One of my biggest pet peeves is when policy priorities are determined by what makes the flashiest media report.

This is a little bit of an exception, though. Like I said, I do agree that it makes sense to treat the disease with an abundance of caution in the short term. There's an obvious path to saving lives. At the same time, some of the rhetoric being used feels designed to frighten people, when I would prefer to see governments, at least, trying to maintain calm. The reality is that it is highly unlikely that this virus breaks into the top 3 causes of death in the United States, or any Western nation. It would have to pass heart disease, cancer, or accidents, and I just don't see evidence of that being likely to happen. So it's in a weird area where you want people to modify their behavior enough to limit the spread, but at the same time try to minimize the economic impact so that it's only a short-term setback.
3/10/2020 1:27 PM
you cant catch heart disease or cancer.
what if everyone ignored advice and freely associated everywhere.
what do you think would happen with what we already know.

3/10/2020 1:36 PM
the freakout is coming from death rates and the fact that it does not spread arithmetically but geometrically....
thats a 911.
3/10/2020 1:39 PM
We don’t really know the true numbers. We don’t test in large numbers like they have done in China and Korea. We are containing the virus by containing the counts
3/10/2020 1:53 PM
and i really take everything from china with a grain of salt.....they silence whistleblowers and info.....they sealed off an entire city.
we cant do that...we live in a different type of society.
who knows what the spread is in china outside the wuhu province and if it is spreading.
we dont really know.
3/10/2020 1:58 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
All of Italy is on Lockdown now Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.