All of Italy is on Lockdown now Topic

Posted by dino27 on 3/13/2020 7:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bheid408 on 3/13/2020 6:13:00 PM (view original):
Yes the POTUS has really screwed the pooch on this one. If he only would have NOT implemented the travel ban from China and would be willing to have open borders like the Democrats and left-wing nut jobs in this country want we'd be sooo much better off!
im doubling down on this...i think he could have and should have closed off all countries early on..
he fights like hell to close off borders and build walls.
this time he had the full constitutional power to declare an emergency with regard to entry into the usa....eazy peazy.
he dropped the ball.
he was not consistent.
he was weak.
and he was dumb.

The “No Ban Act,” introduced by Rep. Judy Chu (D-CA) and co-sponsored by 219 House Democrats, would have prevented Trump from immediately implementing a travel ban on China once the outbreak of the coronavirus spread past its origins of Wuhan.

Instead, the No Ban Act would have allowed travelers from Wuhan to continue to arrive in the U.S. while the president received guidance from Congress.

“This bill imposes limitations on the President’s authority to suspend or restrict aliens from entering the United States and terminates certain presidential actions implementing such restrictions,” a summary of the legislation reads.

The legislation would mandate Trump “only issue a restriction when required to address a compelling government interest,” though that interest is not defined. Before imposing a travel ban, Trump would have to “consult with Congress,” the legislation dictates.

The effort to end America’s ability to implement travel bans comes as the number of coronavirus cases hits 1,107 nationwide, including 32 deaths.

Democrats’ fight to keep U.S. borders open to the world during the spread of the coronavirus was echoed by 2020 Democrat presidential primary candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) this week when he explicitly said he would not close America’s borders to protect Americans from the coronavirus.

3/13/2020 9:11 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by dino27 on 3/13/2020 9:16:00 PM (view original):
i dont care what the proposed leg. said..it wasnt law.
trump should have stopped anyone from anywhere from coming in.
he still lets great britian and s. koreans come in.
he would do a religious ban but he did not do a virus ban and he was allowed to do it.
no question.
And the Democrats want to take that authority away from him. Just who the hell's side are they on? It surely isn't the American people's side.
3/13/2020 9:19 PM
they are wrong and he failed us..i guess he sees their point.
3/13/2020 9:21 PM
It is easy to criticize after the fact.
I'm not saying he's done everything he could have or should have, but he's done more than what some would have, and if you are going to criticize then you should also give him credit for what he has done. The travel ban from China helped buy time by slowing the spread to this country. Medical professionals were able to use that time to be better prepared. Getting accurate information from China does not happen easily. They would rather see America be wiped out by an epidemic than to help us. I have heard we are now getting more information from doctors in Italy then we ever got from China.
3/13/2020 11:01 PM
Posted by bheid408 on 3/13/2020 11:01:00 PM (view original):
It is easy to criticize after the fact.
I'm not saying he's done everything he could have or should have, but he's done more than what some would have, and if you are going to criticize then you should also give him credit for what he has done. The travel ban from China helped buy time by slowing the spread to this country. Medical professionals were able to use that time to be better prepared. Getting accurate information from China does not happen easily. They would rather see America be wiped out by an epidemic than to help us. I have heard we are now getting more information from doctors in Italy then we ever got from China.
That's because China released this virus on purpose. That's why they're not cooperating.
3/14/2020 1:23 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
In 2018 Trump fired the pandemic response team that worked out of the WH. When he was asked about this move a week or so ago he gave two responses. At first he said he is a businessman and it is his habit to get rid of people standing around with nothing to do. He also added “ who knew we would have a corona virus pandemic?”
yesterday when he was asked why he fired the pandemic response team he said it wasn’t him that did it, maybe someone from his administration did ... he wasn’t sure. It’s pretty cool how he can just lie about things like this and get away with it. His base eats this **** up, thinks he is the cats meow.
3/14/2020 10:31 AM
It is easy to criticize after the fact, to Monday Morning quarterback. I think we are better off to work together rather than bicker. Let's just buckle down and get through this in one piece.

This might teach us an important lesson to do more forward thinking in this country, rather than just kneejerk react when something hits the fan. Having folks trained and on standby is not much more complicated than having a trained volunteer fire department. ..we can do this.
3/14/2020 10:41 AM
Actually I don’t think it is cool. That’s just me being snarkey
3/14/2020 10:53 AM
Posted by laramiebob on 3/14/2020 9:42:00 AM (view original):
LOL. Sure they did. But before they "got" us, they decided to release it in their own Country first.......just to see how effective it would kill??? LOL.

Some folks never know.
Since when did stupid become contagious?
bob would know stupid. He votes for Bernie because of his government run health care plan, yet bob wants less government control. Can't be anymore stupid than that.
3/14/2020 10:56 AM
Today Trump tweeted that a house bill will be voted on today that will provide for free testing and paid sick leave....this is what we need to begin fighting this pandemic. Hope it passes... Trump said he would sign it
3/14/2020 10:57 AM
Doc. That'll never happen. In the real world, there are ignorant folks who always just play politics and spew lies denigrating others just for the fun of being small. Trump is an example. There are more here within this very thread. REALLY evil and really stupid folks.
Folks who attack others with lies.

For the record. As yet, I have not voted for anyone for President, nor have I cast a single vote for anybody in any election since 2018.
Thus, anyone saying otherwise is LYING bigly!
And ought to be ignored for rank stupidity.
3/14/2020 12:12 PM
Posted by winnetka1 on 3/14/2020 10:31:00 AM (view original):
In 2018 Trump fired the pandemic response team that worked out of the WH. When he was asked about this move a week or so ago he gave two responses. At first he said he is a businessman and it is his habit to get rid of people standing around with nothing to do. He also added “ who knew we would have a corona virus pandemic?”
yesterday when he was asked why he fired the pandemic response team he said it wasn’t him that did it, maybe someone from his administration did ... he wasn’t sure. It’s pretty cool how he can just lie about things like this and get away with it. His base eats this **** up, thinks he is the cats meow.
this will be some of the historically important stuff.
3/14/2020 2:29 PM
Posted by DoctorKz on 3/14/2020 10:41:00 AM (view original):
It is easy to criticize after the fact, to Monday Morning quarterback. I think we are better off to work together rather than bicker. Let's just buckle down and get through this in one piece.

This might teach us an important lesson to do more forward thinking in this country, rather than just kneejerk react when something hits the fan. Having folks trained and on standby is not much more complicated than having a trained volunteer fire department. ..we can do this.
the incompetence has hit the fan.
people are irate.
3/14/2020 2:31 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
All of Italy is on Lockdown now Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.