Trump's Coronavirus Response Topic

Posted by DougOut on 3/25/2020 2:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Uofa2 on 3/25/2020 2:04:00 PM (view original):

Trump’s “Chinese virus” tweets are, in part, an attempt to cover up how he ignored U.S. intelligence and believed China's president.

Donald Trump had a message for the Chinese government at the beginning of the year: Great job!

“China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus. The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency,” Trump tweeted on January 24. “It will all work out well. In particular, on behalf of the American People, I want to thank President Xi!”

It is also an attempt to cover up the fact that the Chinese government’s propaganda campaign was effective in that it helped persuade the president not to take adequate precautionary measures to stem a tide of pestilence that U.S. government officials saw coming.

If I were you...I wouldn't vote for TRUMP next time around.
Good post Man! Made me grin bigly.

I bet your advise is taken.
You should take your own advise next time around yourself...........is my advise!
I'd salute your good judgment!
And toast you at the 1st opportunity!
3/25/2020 4:11 PM
The richest man in the Senate(Rick Scott) is worried about some working stiffs getting a hundred bucks too much?

But no concern about disgusting Corporate Welfare
3/25/2020 4:51 PM
https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/03/25/coronavirus-worst-intelligence-failure-us-history-covid-19/

The federal government alone has the resources and authorities to lead the relevant public and private stakeholders to confront the foreseeable harms posed by the virus. Unfortunately, Trump officials made a series of judgments (minimizing the hazards of COVID-19) and decisions (refusing to act with the urgency required) that have needlessly made Americans far less safe.

In short, the Trump administration forced a catastrophic strategic surprise onto the American people. But unlike past strategic surprises—Pearl Harbor, the Iranian revolution of 1979, or especially 9/11—the current one was brought about by unprecedented indifference, even willful negligence.

3/25/2020 5:33 PM

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Taking bold action to safeguard the health of millions of Americans, Dr. Anthony Fauci has tricked Donald J. Trump into believing that there is no Easter this year, Fauci has confirmed.

After hearing Trump declare on Tuesday that he hoped to reopen the country on Easter Sunday, an alarmed Fauci decided to spring into action.

“I ran down to my computer and mocked up a phony 2020 calendar with no Easter on it,” Fauci said. “Then I showed it to Trump and said, ‘There’s a problem with your plan, Mr. President. There’s no Easter this year.’”

According to Fauci, Trump was initially baffled by the news. “How could that be?” Trump asked. “There’s Easter every year.”

“This is a leap year,” the quick-thinking virologist replied.

“I guess I didn’t know it worked that way,” Trump said. “I never go to church.”

Fauci consoled Trump by telling him that, if all goes according to plan, the country could be reopened in time for Easter Sunday, 2021, a suggestion that Trump appeared somewhat reluctantly to accept.

The esteemed epidemiologist said that his dealings with Trump have now entered a new phase. “I’ve given up on containment, and I’m just doing mitigation,” he said.

3/26/2020 12:10 AM
Over the past 24 hours, the U.S. reported 14,024 new cases of coronavirus and 265 new deaths, raising the total to 68,347 cases and 1,037 dead.

This is the highest number of new cases reported by a single country in one day since the coronavirus pandemic began.
3/26/2020 12:18 AM
Sarah Huckleberry ate him.
3/26/2020 4:36 AM
3/26/2020 7:23 AM
Posted by DougOut on 3/26/2020 4:24:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Uofa2 on 3/26/2020 12:18:00 AM (view original):
Over the past 24 hours, the U.S. reported 14,024 new cases of coronavirus and 265 new deaths, raising the total to 68,347 cases and 1,037 dead.

This is the highest number of new cases reported by a single country in one day since the coronavirus pandemic began.
Ufoa2 is giddy with delight

I wonder whatever happened to Ufoa1

I am assuredly not giddy.
3/26/2020 11:54 AM

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/25/trump-coronavirus-national-security-council-149285

Trump has claimed that his administration could not have foreseen the coronavirus pandemic, which has spread to all 50 states and more than 180 nations, sickening more than 460,000 people around the world. “Nobody ever expected a thing like this,” Trump said in a Fox News interview on Tuesday.

But Trump’s aides were told to expect a potential pandemic, ranging from a tabletop exercise that the outgoing Obama administration prepared for the president’s incoming aides to a “Crimson Contagion” scenario that health officials undertook just last year and modeled out potential risks of a global infectious disease threat. Trump’s deputies also have said that their coronavirus response relies on a federal playbook, specifically referring to a strategy laid out by the Centers for Disease Control.

It is not clear if the administration’s failure to follow the NSC playbook was the result of an oversight or a deliberate decision to follow a different course.

3/26/2020 11:55 AM
Posted by Uofa2 on 3/26/2020 11:55:00 AM (view original):

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/25/trump-coronavirus-national-security-council-149285

Trump has claimed that his administration could not have foreseen the coronavirus pandemic, which has spread to all 50 states and more than 180 nations, sickening more than 460,000 people around the world. “Nobody ever expected a thing like this,” Trump said in a Fox News interview on Tuesday.

But Trump’s aides were told to expect a potential pandemic, ranging from a tabletop exercise that the outgoing Obama administration prepared for the president’s incoming aides to a “Crimson Contagion” scenario that health officials undertook just last year and modeled out potential risks of a global infectious disease threat. Trump’s deputies also have said that their coronavirus response relies on a federal playbook, specifically referring to a strategy laid out by the Centers for Disease Control.

It is not clear if the administration’s failure to follow the NSC playbook was the result of an oversight or a deliberate decision to follow a different course.

POLITICO - FAKE NEWS
3/26/2020 6:41 PM
Posted by Uofa2 on 3/26/2020 11:54:00 AM (view original):

Doug, you must think very little of people if you think anyone is giddy that people are getting sick and dying. Or is just the way you would react and expect everyone else is the same?
3/26/2020 11:04 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 3/26/2020 11:04:00 PM (view original):

Doug, you must think very little of people if you think anyone is giddy that people are getting sick and dying. Or is just the way you would react and expect everyone else is the same?
HA! Are you serious? HE tried to blame the death of two people eating fish tank cleaner on Trump! Go back to the beginning of this thread and quickly scroll through a few pages. Read the little bronx proclamation.

Here's a better angle. WHY NO POSITIVE NEWS? It's out there. The real problem is you can't find it on FAKE NEWS because the DEMOCRAT RUN MEDIA won't report it.

What's wrong with you Wylie? Rock fall on your head?
3/27/2020 4:50 AM
Trump lied People died
3/27/2020 5:07 AM
Posted by DougOut on 3/27/2020 4:50:00 AM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 3/26/2020 11:04:00 PM (view original):

HA! Are you serious? HE tried to blame the death of two people eating fish tank cleaner on Trump! Go back to the beginning of this thread and quickly scroll through a few pages. Read the little bronx proclamation.

Here's a better angle. WHY NO POSITIVE NEWS? It's out there. The real problem is you can't find it on FAKE NEWS because the DEMOCRAT RUN MEDIA won't report it.

What's wrong with you Wylie? Rock fall on your head?

“Trump kept saying it was basically pretty much a cure,” the woman told NBC.

She said her advice would be: “Don’t take anything. Don’t believe anything. Don’t believe anything that the president says and his people … call your doctor.”
“Given the uncertainty around Covid-19, we understand that people are trying to find new ways to prevent or treat this virus, but self-medicating is not the way to do so,” said Dr Daniel Brooks, Banner Poison and Drug Information Center medical director.
“The last thing that we want right now is to inundate our emergency departments with patients who believe they found a vague and risky solution that could potentially jeopardize their health.”

3/27/2020 6:19 AM (edited)
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10|11|12...90 Next ▸
Trump's Coronavirus Response Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.