Trump's Coronavirus Response Topic

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
Just spoke to my friend MBS (Crown Prince) of Saudi Arabia, who spoke with President Putin of Russia, & I expect & hope that they will be cutting back approximately 10 Million Barrels, and maybe substantially more which, if it happens, will be GREAT for the oil & gas industry!

Let me get this straight. It was good when the price of oil dropped, but it will also be good when it goes back up? What kind of BS is this?
4/2/2020 10:39 AM
There are several schools of economic thought that tie a direct correlation between commodity prices and economic strength.
4/2/2020 10:56 AM
Donny was touting the low oil prices last week, Saudi Arabia agreed to the cutback because there is no demand, their price war with Russia was ill-timed
4/2/2020 10:59 AM
Posted by bronxcheer on 4/2/2020 10:59:00 AM (view original):
Donny was touting the low oil prices last week, Saudi Arabia agreed to the cutback because there is no demand, their price war with Russia was ill-timed
I'm not defending Trump on this one. The price war was ill-timed and stupid.

With that said, unleaded where I live is $1.62 a gallon. It's cute for the wallet but that is not good at all.
4/2/2020 11:03 AM

More than 2,100 ventilators in the government’s stockpile are unusable, The New York Times is reporting.

The news comes as President Donald Trump has assured Americans the government is holding 10,000 ventilators in reserve to send to hospitals slammed by the coronavirus pandemic, the newspaper said.

But it said an additional 2,109 of the lifesaving devices in storage are unmaintained or otherwise unusable. The ventilators are not available after a contract to maintain the stockpile lapsed last summer. In addition, a contracting dispute meant that a new firm did not begin its work until late January.

The Times noted that state officials have reported that some ventilators they already havre received were not working.

4/2/2020 11:35 AM
OMG, trying to bash Trump for not seeing a World-wide pandemic coming last summer. Might as well ask why neither Reagan (or Clinton or BOB) saw it coming.
The straws you are grasping at just keep getting longer.
If Trump does win reelection, are you going to keep this garbage going 4 more years?
4/2/2020 12:51 PM
4/2/2020 1:29 PM
Just so shallow. Pres. Shameless. An embarrASSment to the Country.
And some grasp for straws attempting to defend (but not support) the tonto.
4/2/2020 2:07 PM
I seriously don't understand what you Trump-haters expect him to do. If people would stay home for 2 weeks, this would pass. Look at the results of athletes who tested positive 2.5-3 weeks ago. That could be society if people would just listen. How is people not listening the POTUS's fault?
4/2/2020 2:11 PM
Not tweet about his briefings ratings?
4/2/2020 2:16 PM
Posted by all3 on 4/2/2020 2:11:00 PM (view original):
I seriously don't understand what you Trump-haters expect him to do. If people would stay home for 2 weeks, this would pass. Look at the results of athletes who tested positive 2.5-3 weeks ago. That could be society if people would just listen. How is people not listening the POTUS's fault?
It's not just Trump haters ignoring the social distancing guidelines. Half of the people on my block are ignoring the government. Of those, half hate the guy and the other half are committed to voting for him again.

Americans just don't like being told what to do.
4/2/2020 2:19 PM
Never remotely meant to imply that only Trump-haters were ignoring the isolation order. 100% is stubborn Americans of ALL types.
4/2/2020 3:05 PM
Posted by bronxcheer on 4/2/2020 2:16:00 PM (view original):
Not tweet about his briefings ratings?
I've commented about hating Trump's tweeting many times, but even if he stopped all together, how would that make more American self-isolate? Now you're just being foolish.
4/2/2020 3:06 PM
4/2/2020 4:13 PM
I'd encourage anyone actually interested in the science behind this to read 'Spillover' by David Quammen before forming a political opinion one way or the other.

Then again, maybe the words 'science' and 'reading' are too heavily politicized in America these days.

4/2/2020 5:47 PM
◂ Prev 1...14|15|16|17|18...90 Next ▸
Trump's Coronavirus Response Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.