Trump's Coronavirus Response Topic

Posted by DougOut on 4/2/2020 7:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gin_caesar on 4/2/2020 5:47:00 PM (view original):
I'd encourage anyone actually interested in the science behind this to read 'Spillover' by David Quammen before forming a political opinion one way or the other.

Then again, maybe the words 'science' and 'reading' are too heavily politicized in America these days.

Do you think it's just natural transference through insects to human population, OR is it a more active interaction such as eating flesh of these animals?

I see one constant. Dead or alive, insects are involved. Fleas and misquotes being the most obvious culprits.

AND if that is the case, then the only defense to mitigate is a better rollout of what we are seeing here.

Hopeful early alert from origin point. Travel bands and social distance. Stockpiles. Science.

I heard today we have lab animals with vaccine killing the virus. WE HAVE A VACCINE!

Kill the bureaucrats and save the people.
Yeah, gonna double down on my suggestion to educate yourself. You seem to have a 5th grade understanding of science, it's cool that you can so boldly support your political team despite being wholly ignorant on the topic. Fleas, really?
4/2/2020 7:57 PM
Well...that was enjoyable. While somebody tries to figure it out, we'll move on.

?REMEMBER THIS ONE? Horrible to think of the death toll and those are real people. And it's happening as we speak. But the left doesn't care. They'll politicize everything and I have a giant list from the last 3 years to show you...but first we should address the above. I think it's repugnant and political but the lefties will tell you its truth. They will justify that picture but they'll get all upset over this next one.

It's horrible to think how many people will die over the coronavirus. Mostly old or physically vulnerable.

It's worse to think how many more countless MILLIONS will be butchered and murdered for no reason.
4/2/2020 9:11 PM
Posted by DougOut on 4/2/2020 9:11:00 PM (view original):
Well...that was enjoyable. While somebody tries to figure it out, we'll move on.

?REMEMBER THIS ONE? Horrible to think of the death toll and those are real people. And it's happening as we speak. But the left doesn't care. They'll politicize everything and I have a giant list from the last 3 years to show you...but first we should address the above. I think it's repugnant and political but the lefties will tell you its truth. They will justify that picture but they'll get all upset over this next one.

It's horrible to think how many people will die over the coronavirus. Mostly old or physically vulnerable.

It's worse to think how many more countless MILLIONS will be butchered and murdered for no reason.
jesus christ
4/2/2020 9:33 PM
Dems/Libs seem to be enjoying the virus, so they can take Political shots at Trump. Not a surprise, since they seem to enjoy mass-shootings and Natural Disasters too, when they try to make them Political. Add in their pro-abortion stance and they really just seem to get off on deaths all together. Good thing they claim to be for peace and unity.
4/2/2020 10:48 PM
Posted by all3 on 4/2/2020 10:48:00 PM (view original):
Dems/Libs seem to be enjoying the virus, so they can take Political shots at Trump. Not a surprise, since they seem to enjoy mass-shootings and Natural Disasters too, when they try to make them Political. Add in their pro-abortion stance and they really just seem to get off on deaths all together. Good thing they claim to be for peace and unity.
jesus christ
4/2/2020 10:57 PM
Posted by DougOut on 4/2/2020 8:08:00 PM (view original):
I'm willing to learn. What is it? You have the answer. Don't be evasive.

Lay it out. Even a 5th grader will get it. OR don't you have it?

ARE you telling us you have the big answer but you're keeping it secret?

Now who's acting like a 5th grader?

Spill it or kill it. YOUR TURN.
I already gave you a book to reference on the topic and do believe even those as far gone as you can change for the better. Whether or not you want to use your brain for thought instead of whatever you are using it for now is a door you will have to walk through.
4/2/2020 11:18 PM
Posted by Uofa2 on 4/2/2020 10:57:00 PM (view original):
jesus christ
You just keep repeating his name, 'cause he's the only one who's going to save this World.
4/2/2020 11:40 PM
From Kellyanne Conway’s husband, George Conway:

"For Trump supporters, let me make one thing VERY clear!
For the record NO ONE is blaming the President for the virus. Let me repeat. Coronavirus is not Trump’s fault.
Here’s a detailed list of what we are blaming him for:
* Trump declined to use the World Health Organization’s test like other nations. Back in January, over a month before the first Co-vid19 case, the Chinese posted a new mysterious virus and within a week, Berlin virologists had produced the first diagnostic test. By the end of February, the WHO had shipped out tests to 60 countries. Oh, but not our government. We declined the test even as a temporary bridge until the CDC could create its own test. The question is why? We don’t know but what to look for is which pharmaceutical company eventually manufactures the test and who owns the stock. Keep tuned.
* In 2018 Trump fired Homeland Security Advisor Tom Bossart, whose job was to coordinate a response to global pandemics. He was not replaced.
* In 2018 Dr. Luciana Borio, the NSC director for medical and bio-defense preparedness left the job. Trump did not replace Dr. Borio.
* In 2019 the NSC’s Senior Director for Global Health Security and bio-defense, Tim Ziemer, left the position and Trump did not replace the Rear Admiral.
* Trump shut down the entire Global Health Security and Bio-defense agency. Yes, he did.
* Amid the explosive worldwide outbreak of the virus Trump proposed a 19% cut to the budget of the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention plus a 10% cut to Public Health Services and a 7% cut to Global Health Services. Those happen to be the organizations that respond to public health threats.
* In 2018, at Trump’s direction, the CDC stopped funding epidemic prevention activities in 39 out of 49 countries including China.
* Trump didn’t appoint a doctor to oversee the US response to the pandemic. He appointed Mike Pence.
* Trump has on multiple occasions sowed doubt about the severity of the virus even using the word hoax at events and rallies. He even did it at an event where the virus was being spread. Trump has put out zero useful information concerning the health risks of the virus.
* Trump pretended the virus had been contained.
* Trump left a cruise ship at sea for days, denying them proper hospital care, rather than increase his numbers in America.
Repeat. We do not blame Trump for the virus. We blame him for gutting the nation’s preparations to deal with it. We blame him for bungling testing and allowing it to spread uninhibited. We blame him for wasting taxpayer money on applause lines at his rallies (like The Wall). We blame him for putting his own political life over American human life. I hope this clears things up."
4/3/2020 4:14 AM
Well said Mr.Conway.
That skank you sleep with............ She must be awesome in your boudoir, no?
4/3/2020 8:43 AM
Posted by bronxcheer on 4/3/2020 4:14:00 AM (view original):
From Kellyanne Conway’s husband, George Conway:

"For Trump supporters, let me make one thing VERY clear!
For the record NO ONE is blaming the President for the virus. Let me repeat. Coronavirus is not Trump’s fault.
Here’s a detailed list of what we are blaming him for:
* Trump declined to use the World Health Organization’s test like other nations. Back in January, over a month before the first Co-vid19 case, the Chinese posted a new mysterious virus and within a week, Berlin virologists had produced the first diagnostic test. By the end of February, the WHO had shipped out tests to 60 countries. Oh, but not our government. We declined the test even as a temporary bridge until the CDC could create its own test. The question is why? We don’t know but what to look for is which pharmaceutical company eventually manufactures the test and who owns the stock. Keep tuned.
* In 2018 Trump fired Homeland Security Advisor Tom Bossart, whose job was to coordinate a response to global pandemics. He was not replaced.
* In 2018 Dr. Luciana Borio, the NSC director for medical and bio-defense preparedness left the job. Trump did not replace Dr. Borio.
* In 2019 the NSC’s Senior Director for Global Health Security and bio-defense, Tim Ziemer, left the position and Trump did not replace the Rear Admiral.
* Trump shut down the entire Global Health Security and Bio-defense agency. Yes, he did.
* Amid the explosive worldwide outbreak of the virus Trump proposed a 19% cut to the budget of the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention plus a 10% cut to Public Health Services and a 7% cut to Global Health Services. Those happen to be the organizations that respond to public health threats.
* In 2018, at Trump’s direction, the CDC stopped funding epidemic prevention activities in 39 out of 49 countries including China.
* Trump didn’t appoint a doctor to oversee the US response to the pandemic. He appointed Mike Pence.
* Trump has on multiple occasions sowed doubt about the severity of the virus even using the word hoax at events and rallies. He even did it at an event where the virus was being spread. Trump has put out zero useful information concerning the health risks of the virus.
* Trump pretended the virus had been contained.
* Trump left a cruise ship at sea for days, denying them proper hospital care, rather than increase his numbers in America.
Repeat. We do not blame Trump for the virus. We blame him for gutting the nation’s preparations to deal with it. We blame him for bungling testing and allowing it to spread uninhibited. We blame him for wasting taxpayer money on applause lines at his rallies (like The Wall). We blame him for putting his own political life over American human life. I hope this clears things up."
Do you blame him for Americans not listening too? Good grief man, all that stuff from 2018 - nobody complained about it then. Hind-site is always 20-20. Take advantage of it to trash our POTUS if it somehow makes you feel better, but as I said before, I'll certainly take Trump over HRC through all this.
4/3/2020 9:35 AM
lol
4/3/2020 9:36 AM
Why no reply to this one bronx? Because it's all true?
What to you disagree with UofA?
4/3/2020 9:36 AM
Posted by gin_caesar on 4/2/2020 7:57:00 PM (view original):
I'd encourage anyone actually interested in the science behind this to read 'Spillover' by David Quammen before forming a political opinion one way or the other.

Then again, maybe the words 'science' and 'reading' are too heavily politicized in America these days.

Do you think it's just natural transference through insects to human population, OR is it a more active interaction such as eating flesh of these animals?

I see one constant. Dead or alive, insects are involved. Fleas and misquotes being the most obvious culprits.

AND if that is the case, then the only defense to mitigate is a better rollout of what we are seeing here.

Hopeful early alert from origin point. Travel bands and social distance. Stockpiles. Science.

I heard today we have lab animals with vaccine killing the virus. WE HAVE A VACCINE!

Yeah, gonna double down on my suggestion to educate yourself. You seem to have a 5th grade understanding of science, it's cool that you can so boldly support your political team despite being wholly ignorant on the topic. Fleas, really?
Oh...so he says bats a couple of times. Other animals. Parrots.

"To conclude both his narrative and his argument, Quammen briefly considers influenza and its ripe potential status as the Next Big One. Outbreaks, Quammen reminds us, are a product of humanity’s animal status and disproportionate ecological role: We are a thriving species continually entering and disrupting animal habitats. As long as this is the case, we will depend on scientists to make us aware of potential threats to our health; we depend on our intelligence to spare us from disaster."

Well that's great. You know what caused the plague? That's right. Fleas from rats.

Goodnight professor.
4/3/2020 9:37 AM
Hind-site! That is awesome, lol.

I don't think people get off on death. They get off on power and if some must die in order for them to acheive it, so be it.
4/3/2020 10:17 AM
Posted by DougOut on 4/3/2020 9:37:00 AM (view original):
Posted by gin_caesar on 4/2/2020 7:57:00 PM (view original):

Oh...so he says bats a couple of times. Other animals. Parrots.

"To conclude both his narrative and his argument, Quammen briefly considers influenza and its ripe potential status as the Next Big One. Outbreaks, Quammen reminds us, are a product of humanity’s animal status and disproportionate ecological role: We are a thriving species continually entering and disrupting animal habitats. As long as this is the case, we will depend on scientists to make us aware of potential threats to our health; we depend on our intelligence to spare us from disaster."

Well that's great. You know what caused the plague? That's right. Fleas from rats.

Goodnight professor.
I feel both sorry for you and at the same time relieved that I left your shithole country...
4/3/2020 11:24 AM
◂ Prev 1...15|16|17|18|19...90 Next ▸
Trump's Coronavirus Response Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.