Trump's Coronavirus Response Topic

Posted by usf_bulls on 5/25/2020 11:12:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Uofa2 on 5/24/2020 1:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bagchucker on 5/24/2020 12:57:00 PM (view original):
the lady from georgia will do it for me

as in, i will call the race for biden
She hasn’t had the best couple of weeks.

I’d put money on Kamala.
I'd take that bet and I'd think you'd lose (just my opinion.)

Minority doesn't only mean black. He'd be equally served by picking a Hispanic female. If he does choose black, California does nothing for his chances. A female from the Great Lakes or South would be better.

I think he chooses s running mate that did not primary against him.
Definitely good points.

Duckworth would be a good choice also.
5/25/2020 12:32 PM
What is a duck worth?
5/25/2020 12:58 PM
Posted by all3 on 5/25/2020 9:45:00 AM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 5/24/2020 12:44:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 5/24/2020 11:03:00 AM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 5/23/2020 11:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by DougOut on 5/23/2020 2:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 5/22/2020 11:56:00 PM (view original):
not that I am saying Biden is racist or he isn't. I have no idea. he did grow up in a generation where it was more accepted or prevalent then it is now. But do you really think he served as Obama's VP because he thought Obama is a great guy? He might think tat but he served as his VP as a stepping stone to the job he is running for now. He's a politician.
OR Obama needed an old white guy so he didn't look like a racist. That's the way the democrats think.

Idenity politics will kill all of us.
I usually ignore Doug's post, but I have to respond to this. Obama picked a VP based on what he thought he gave him the best chance to win. Same reason Trump picked Pence. Same reason any presidential candidate picks a VP candidate, Race had nothing to do with it.

Sometimes I wonder if you are really as stupid as you sometimes come across, Dougie. I'm leaning towards yes.
You say you don't think race had anything to do with Obama picking Biden, yet you also say Obama (and every other candidate) picked whoever he thought would help him win.
That seems like you're saying picking a white wasn't better for his election chances than picking a minority. You can't possibly believe that, can you? (I'm not saying that's "right", just true.)
I surely do believe that. I think if Obama had picked another minority for his VP, he likely would not have won. I was pretty surprised that he won as it was.
Wait, you say you believe a white wasn't better for his election chances, but then say if he had picked another minority he likely would have not won.
Which is it? You trying to be a Politician and agree with both sides?
No, I am saying Obama and any other politician will pick a running mate they think will give them the best chance to win, regardless of race, religion, gender or anything else. I did not say picking a white wasn't better for his chances of getting elected. I just said he picked who we he (and his advisors, I'm sure) felt would give him the best chance to win. Di I believe that had he picked a minority as his running mate would have lessened his chances? Unfortunately I believe that to be true. Did Obama pick Biden based on the fact that he is white? It probably did have some bearing. Does that make Obama a racist? Maybe, but more likely it just makes candidate who wanted to win his election. I'm just guessing here, but Trump most likely would have picked someone other than Pence if he could pick whoever he wanted.
5/25/2020 1:03 PM
Posted by DougOut on 5/25/2020 12:58:00 PM (view original):
What is a duck worth?
a lot more than you
5/25/2020 1:03 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 5/25/2020 1:03:00 PM (view original):
What is a duck worth?
a lot more than you
I'm serious. I can't find it. All I get is political garbage on poultry. We used to get AG reports.

Are AG reports political too? Is this how far we have fallen? I care about AG reports.

a lot more than you? I don't know. I have no reason to be a shithole like you just were.
5/25/2020 1:51 PM
Posted by DougOut on 5/25/2020 1:51:00 PM (view original):
What is a duck worth?
a lot more than you
I'm serious. I can't find it. All I get is political garbage on poultry. We used to get AG reports.

Are AG reports political too? Is this how far we have fallen? I care about AG reports.

a lot more than you? I don't know. I have no reason to be a shithole like you just were.
Every garbage thread you start just to have conversations with yourself in them is a shithole. Tell us...When does Tom Hanks go on trial for child molestation at the Hague?
5/25/2020 3:27 PM
Posted by rsp777 on 5/25/2020 3:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by DougOut on 5/25/2020 1:51:00 PM (view original):
What is a duck worth?
a lot more than you

Every garbage thread you start just to have conversations with yourself in them is a shithole. Tell us...When does Tom Hanks go on trial for child molestation at the Hague?

LUV yer latest thread. KEEP up the good werk. Yer killing it.
5/25/2020 3:36 PM
not that I am saying Biden is racist or he isn't. I have no idea. he did grow up in a generation where it was more accepted or prevalent then it is now. But do you really think he served as Obama's VP because he thought Obama is a great guy? He might think tat but he served as his VP as a stepping stone to the job he is running for now. He's a politician.
OR Obama needed an old white guy so he didn't look like a racist. That's the way the democrats think.

I usually ignore Doug's post, but I have to respond to this. Obama picked a VP based on what he thought he gave him the best chance to win. Same reason Trump picked Pence. Same reason any presidential candidate picks a VP candidate, Race had nothing to do with it.

Sometimes I wonder if you are really as stupid as you sometimes come across, Dougie. I'm leaning towards yes.
You say you don't think race had anything to do with Obama picking Biden, yet you also say Obama (and every other candidate) picked whoever he thought would help him win.
That seems like you're saying picking a white wasn't better for his election chances than picking a minority. You can't possibly believe that, can you? (I'm not saying that's "right", just true.)
I surely do believe that. I think if Obama had picked another minority for his VP, he likely would not have won. I was pretty surprised that he won as it was.
Wait, you say you believe a white wasn't better for his election chances, but then say if he had picked another minority he likely would have not won.
No, I am saying Obama and any other politician will pick a running mate they think will give them the best chance to win, regardless of race, religion, gender or anything else. I did not say picking a white wasn't better for his chances of getting elected. I just said he picked who we he (and his advisors, I'm sure) felt would give him the best chance to win. Di I believe that had he picked a minority as his running mate would have lessened his chances? Unfortunately I believe that to be true. Did Obama pick Biden based on the fact that he is white? It probably did have some bearing. Does that make Obama a racist? Maybe, but more likely it just makes candidate who wanted to win his election. I'm just guessing here, but Trump most likely would have picked someone other than Pence if he could pick whoever he wanted.
I say, "You can't possibly believe that (a white wasn't better for his election chances), can you?" You say "I surely do believe that."
That's pretty clearly saying "... picking a white wasn't better ...". Maybe you didn't mean to, but you clearly did.
I certainly agree with you, and the others who have weighed-in, that Politicians will pick whoever they (or the Party) think will best help them win, regardless of ability to do the job, I was just confused by your replies.

5/26/2020 9:25 AM
I remember the old "duck worth" joke being popular when this guy played.

5/26/2020 9:27 AM
Posted by all3 on 5/26/2020 9:25:00 AM (view original):

I say, "You can't possibly believe that (a white wasn't better for his election chances), can you?" You say "I surely do believe that."
That's pretty clearly saying "... picking a white wasn't better ...". Maybe you didn't mean to, but you clearly did.
I certainly agree with you, and the others who have weighed-in, that Politicians will pick whoever they (or the Party) think will best help them win, regardless of ability to do the job, I was just confused by your replies.

I must have misunderstood your comment . Sorry about that
5/26/2020 5:40 PM
  • Florida: 1,762 COVID-19 deaths; 5,185 pneumonia deaths (five-year average: 1210)
  • Indiana: 1,832 COVID-19 deaths; 2,149 pneumonia deaths (five-year average: 384)
  • Illinois: 4,856 COVID-19 deaths; 3,986 pneumonia deaths (five-year average: 782)
  • Tennessee: 336 COVID-19 deaths; 1,704 pneumonia deaths (five-year average: 611)
  • Ohio: 1,969 COVID-19 deaths; 2,327 pneumonia deaths (five-year average: 820)
  • Virginia: 1,208 COVID-19 deaths; 1,394 pneumonia deaths (five-year average: 451)
  • West Virginia: 72 COVID-19 deaths; 438 pneumonia deaths (five-year average: 117)
eta: the five year average is how many pneumonia deaths each state has had at this point in the year
5/26/2020 6:24 PM
Posted by Uofa2 on 5/25/2020 12:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by usf_bulls on 5/25/2020 11:12:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Uofa2 on 5/24/2020 1:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bagchucker on 5/24/2020 12:57:00 PM (view original):
the lady from georgia will do it for me

as in, i will call the race for biden
She hasn’t had the best couple of weeks.

I’d put money on Kamala.
I'd take that bet and I'd think you'd lose (just my opinion.)

Minority doesn't only mean black. He'd be equally served by picking a Hispanic female. If he does choose black, California does nothing for his chances. A female from the Great Lakes or South would be better.

I think he chooses s running mate that did not primary against him.
Definitely good points.

Duckworth would be a good choice also.
This! I doubt he will, but if he doesn’t choose Duckworth he’s even more of an idiot than realized. Being from GA, I will say that Stacy Abrams would be the worst possible choice for him. Picking essentially a no name that hasn’t been vetted is a terrible idea, especially in an election where the VP will actually mean something to voters. Biden is essentially a walking corpse right now.
5/26/2020 8:55 PM
I'm with Coach on this one. Abrams cements a blowout loss to the level of McCarthy in '64.

Is Duckworth that lady Mayor of Atlanta?
5/27/2020 8:40 AM

Ladda Tammy Duckworth (born March 12, 1968) is an American politician and former U.S. Army lieutenant colonel who has served as the junior United States Senator for Illinois since 2017. A member of the Democratic Party, she represented Illinois's 8th district in the United States House of Representatives from 2013 to 2017. Before election to office, she served as Assistant Secretary for Public and Intergovernmental Affairs in the United States Department of Veterans Affairs (2009–11) and Director of the Illinois Department of Veterans Affairs (2006–09). Duckworth was elected to the U.S. Senate in 2016, defeating Republican incumbent Mark Kirk.[2]

Duckworth was the first Thai-American woman elected to Congress, the first born in Thailand elected to Congress, the first woman with a disability to be elected to Congress, the first female double amputee in the Senate, and the first Senator to give birth while in office. Duckworth is the second Asian American woman serving in the U.S. Senate, after Mazie Hirono, and before Kamala Harris.

A combat veteran of the Iraq War, Duckworth served as a U.S. Army helicopter pilot and suffered severe combat wounds, which caused her to lose both of her legs and some mobility in her right arm. She was the first female double amputee from the war.[3] Despite her grievous injuries, she sought and obtained a medical waiver that allowed her to continue serving as a lieutenant colonel in the Illinois Army National Guard along with her husband, Major Bryan W. Bowlsbey, a signal officer and fellow Iraq War veteran. Both have since retired from the armed forces.[4]

No Bone Spurs Trump there

5/27/2020 8:51 AM
OH yeah, TY BC. I do remember now.

Isn't the mayor of Atlanta a black female? And isn't she kinda of impressive as someone who speaks plainly and honestly?
Or am I thinking of someone else?

I must admit, I'm old school (and OLD) and some of these new young black politicians just kinda meld together in me peabrain.
The old joke was "they all look alike" but I'm quite sure it's really all about my inability to remember sheit.
5/27/2020 3:33 PM
◂ Prev 1...80|81|82|83|84...90 Next ▸
Trump's Coronavirus Response Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.