Trump's Coronavirus Response Topic

Posted by bagchucker on 5/22/2020 8:23:00 PM (view original):
they swiftboated kerry

they love the disinformation

first amendment

how to stop science
FANTASTIC POST. You hit the target. Elaborate if you can. Start with Kerry.
5/23/2020 2:36 PM
Posted by tangplay on 5/22/2020 8:56:00 PM (view original):
If Joe Biden was actually racist, there is zero chance he would have served as a VP to America's first black President for 8 years.

I won't defend Joe Biden a lot on these forums, but c'mon. This one's pretty silly.
Who said Biden was racist?
5/23/2020 2:37 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 5/22/2020 11:56:00 PM (view original):
not that I am saying Biden is racist or he isn't. I have no idea. he did grow up in a generation where it was more accepted or prevalent then it is now. But do you really think he served as Obama's VP because he thought Obama is a great guy? He might think tat but he served as his VP as a stepping stone to the job he is running for now. He's a politician.
OR Obama needed an old white guy so he didn't look like a racist. That's the way the democrats think.

Idenity politics will kill all of us.
5/23/2020 2:39 PM

Trump, as a phone-in guest on Fox News in 2014, spoke about Obama playing golf when, according to CNN’s Andrew Kaczynski, at the time there were two Ebola cases in the U.S.

“When you’re president, you sorta say, ‘I’m gonna give [golf] up for a couple of years and really focus on the job,’” Trump said. “It sends the wrong signal.”

andrew kaczynsk

Trump is golfing today.

In 2014 on Fox and Friends he criticized Obama for golfing when there were *two cases* of Ebola in the United States saying, "it sends the wrong signal" and he should have given up golf as president "to really focus on the job." https://twitter.com/KevinBohnCNN/s

5/23/2020 6:58 PM
Posted by Uofa2 on 5/23/2020 1:15:00 AM (view original):
not that I am saying Biden is racist or he isn't. I have no idea. he did grow up in a generation where it was more accepted or prevalent then it is now. But do you really think he served as Obama's VP because he thought Obama is a great guy? He might think tat but he served as his VP as a stepping stone to the job he is running for now. He's a politician.
If he actually thought that he would've ran in 16. He practically had to be dragged into running this time, even. He was Obama's VP because he believed in Obama and wanted to serve; the simplest explanation is usually the most correct one.

Biden's life story is actually pretty amazing when you really look at it, full of personal tragedy and a drive to come back to do good for others. In hindsight he might actually have been the best nominee.

I would've preferred Liz, Inslee, or Bernie but I'm slowly starting to get onboard with the policy initiatives he's unrolling.
I didn't say Biden was racist. I said he might be. I don't know. You may think you know, but you don't. All we know if the public Biden. Who knows what he is like in private. That's one thing I will give to Trump. The stupid face he shows to the public is likely the same stupid face he has in private.

He's a politician... doing good for others is not of the description. If it happens, great, but it is not the main goal.
5/23/2020 11:40 PM
Posted by usf_bulls on 5/23/2020 5:03:00 AM (view original):
Biden is not racist. His comment was not racist.

The two parties believe that they own certain parts of the population and are entitled to their vote exclusively. Democrats push the narrative that a black, hispanic, homosexual, Muslim, etc. has to vote Democrat or they are betraying their "people," It's a part of identity politics. Republicans treat evangelicals, for example, the same way. Nobody would blink if a Republican was talking at some right-leaning evangelical conference and said something like "as a God-fearing Christian, if you can't figure out whether Trump or Biden is the better candidate, then you're not a real God-fearing Christian."

Witness the dummying down of America. You don't vote based on reason, analysis of the issues or agreement with the platform of an individual candidate. You vote based on which party owns the tribe you identify with when you see your reflection in a mirror. Baa said the sheep.
I always vote for whoever I think is the best candidate. Unfortunately, the vast majority of Americans do not vote that way.
5/23/2020 11:43 PM
Posted by DougOut on 5/23/2020 2:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 5/22/2020 7:28:00 PM (view original):
their both probably somewhat racist. However, I don't think Biden has ever had one of his companies sued for racial discrimination.
https://www.clearinghouse.net/chDocs/public/FH-NY-0024-0034.pdf
What companies did Biden ever have? He's the Senator of Delaware who moved from Pennsylvania.
Typical Trump supporter response. Don't comment on anything Trump may have done. redirect is some othet direction.
5/23/2020 11:46 PM
Posted by DougOut on 5/23/2020 2:39:00 PM (view original):
OR Obama needed an old white guy so he didn't look like a racist. That's the way the democrats think.

I usually ignore Doug's post, but I have to respond to this. Obama picked a VP based on what he thought he gave him the best chance to win. Same reason Trump picked Pence. Same reason any presidential candidate picks a VP candidate, Race had nothing to do with it.

Sometimes I wonder if you are really as stupid as you sometimes come across, Dougie. I'm leaning towards yes.
5/23/2020 11:50 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 5/23/2020 11:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Uofa2 on 5/23/2020 1:15:00 AM (view original):
If he actually thought that he would've ran in 16. He practically had to be dragged into running this time, even. He was Obama's VP because he believed in Obama and wanted to serve; the simplest explanation is usually the most correct one.

Biden's life story is actually pretty amazing when you really look at it, full of personal tragedy and a drive to come back to do good for others. In hindsight he might actually have been the best nominee.

I would've preferred Liz, Inslee, or Bernie but I'm slowly starting to get onboard with the policy initiatives he's unrolling.
I didn't say Biden was racist. I said he might be. I don't know. You may think you know, but you don't. All we know if the public Biden. Who knows what he is like in private. That's one thing I will give to Trump. The stupid face he shows to the public is likely the same stupid face he has in private.

He's a politician... doing good for others is not of the description. If it happens, great, but it is not the main goal.
Sorry man, I didn't mean to come across as challenging what you said. I agree with your sentiments, I was just adding my thoughts.
5/24/2020 1:18 AM
Wylie may beat his wife and kids, he might, I don't know.

5/24/2020 2:30 AM
or his meat............who knows.
5/24/2020 9:29 AM
Posted by wylie715 on 5/23/2020 11:50:00 PM (view original):
Posted by DougOut on 5/23/2020 2:39:00 PM (view original):

I usually ignore Doug's post, but I have to respond to this. Obama picked a VP based on what he thought he gave him the best chance to win. Same reason Trump picked Pence. Same reason any presidential candidate picks a VP candidate, Race had nothing to do with it.

Sometimes I wonder if you are really as stupid as you sometimes come across, Dougie. I'm leaning towards yes.
You say you don't think race had anything to do with Obama picking Biden, yet you also say Obama (and every other candidate) picked whoever he thought would help him win.
That seems like you're saying picking a white wasn't better for his election chances than picking a minority. You can't possibly believe that, can you? (I'm not saying that's "right", just true.)
5/24/2020 11:03 AM
Earth to all3; every politician uses identity politics. The modern Democratic and Republican party today only exists because of identity politics.

Obama picking a white guy so he had a better chance of winning isn't abnormal.
5/24/2020 11:21 AM
Posted by tangplay on 5/24/2020 11:21:00 AM (view original):
Earth to all3; every politician uses identity politics. The modern Democratic and Republican party today only exists because of identity politics.

Obama picking a white guy so he had a better chance of winning isn't abnormal.
Obama picked a moderate with experience to balance how people viewed him, as an extremist with no experience. Making the Biden pick a race issue is....an interesting choice.
5/24/2020 12:35 PM
In fairness, Biden pledged to pick a woman, and likely a minority. It's difficult to buy the argument that his VP pick will have nothing to do with identity politics.

And it's probably true that Obama picked Biden in part because he appeals to old white guys who might have had a problem with Obama's race.

Sorry, but I don't buy the argument that identity politics didn't enter the equation here.
5/24/2020 12:42 PM
◂ Prev 1...78|79|80|81|82...90 Next ▸
Trump's Coronavirus Response Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.