4/8/21 Scheduled panelist: s_cottrell23, jhunterz, rorisiojr, jasonfreeman, & holdaway
4/8/2021 4:32 PM
4/22/21 Link is active
4/22/2021 6:48 PM
A suggestion for majique:

It would be nice to have an "index" of your episodes in the first message... if not for all episodes, then at least ones where certain topics (recruiting, gameplanning, etc) are discussed and explained. That would make it easier for folks to find the content they want.
4/28/2021 11:42 AM
He's turning this game into an Online version of Xbox's NCAA Football!
4/28/2021 1:17 PM
I see Adam has stirred up the sense of entitlement shared by many long-time users who like to call themselves "veterans." He's improving the game for everyone, guys, and closing exploits is one of the best ways to do that. If you can't compete without your exploits, then by all means don't let the door hitcha where nature splitcha. Meanwhile, if he succeeds in cleaning up the game I'll be back, or if the new game is clean I'll play that one.
4/28/2021 1:41 PM
Posted by bhazlewood on 4/28/2021 11:42:00 AM (view original):
A suggestion for majique:

It would be nice to have an "index" of your episodes in the first message... if not for all episodes, then at least ones where certain topics (recruiting, gameplanning, etc) are discussed and explained. That would make it easier for folks to find the content they want.
Ha, that’s in the works now. :)
4/28/2021 7:43 PM
I'm sure this will be an unpopular opinion with many.

I think a lot of people don't seem to grasp the differences between making the game easier to LEARN, easier to PLAY, and EASIER to WIN. It's like they expect new players to go through some torturous rite of passage, that weeds out anyone not willing to spend years of losing or mediocre play until someone grants them nuggets of arcane insider's knowledge.

What many "vets" fail to remember is - most of them were taught these "tricks" and/or "advanced knowledge" by someone else. Yeah, there's a few that learned a lot on their own, but oftentime the #1 advice given to newbies is "find a mentor".

The learning curve on this game is STEEP. Not just on the nuances and advanced techniques, but the BASICS. No, I don't think someone should be able to compete for a National Championship in their first couple of seasons, but they should be able to gain a good understanding of the game's fundamentals without finding someone to hold their hand - who may or may not be providing good information.
4/29/2021 12:00 AM
Since this thread is skidding off into an players vs the developer theme there is something to consider. The development of this NEW game is a unique opportunity. How often do the long term players of a game get to so intensely critique and offer opinions to the developers of a game? It becomes a two way street though. Suggestions from the playing side of the community need to take into account all participants - new to experienced - needs to be able to learn, play and compete in a reasonable way with levels of the game from easiest (perhaps DIII) to more difficult (D1A) with no special knowledge or advantages except learning what it takes to succeed. Conversely, the developers need to heed those suggestions from long time and loyal participants and ensure the basic integrity of the game is not sacrificed for one specific segment. The participants need to realize that the developers are attempting to incorporate new twists and turns into the game to make it more interesting and still remain playable to all levels. The ultimate success of this game will be how well both groups are listened to and that it some cases compromise may produce the best result.

Final statement: Lack of transparency and updates from the developers will lead to more criticism and adverse speculation from the community.
4/29/2021 2:26 AM
"Final statement: Lack of transparency and updates from the developers will lead to more criticism and adverse speculation from the community." Hence, why Adam requested an out-of-cycle TTATO (tonight) to present detailed info on the recent patch. I'm sure he'll discuss being more transparent prior to patches/updates being released going forward.
4/29/2021 12:21 PM (edited)
Link active for tonight's show.
4/29/2021 7:20 PM
Sorry majique but the NFL draft is a tough competitor....lol
4/29/2021 11:13 PM
That was a great episode! Its nice to see the interaction of players and developers and to have a forum like TTATO where anyone can join in. Its also great being able to watch them later on Youtube, if you have other Thursday commitments. I really think Adam wants to make the game better for everyone, Thanks Majique!
5/2/2021 8:53 AM
5/27/21 Show link active
5/27/2021 8:11 PM
First time watching. Went back and checked out some previous episodes.

Pros: Good advice.
Cons: Those faces.

I joke. Fun times.

5/30/2021 11:22 PM
Is there a link for the show tonight Majique? Is was going to join, but the link isn’t at the top of the thread where it usually is
6/24/2021 9:10 PM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10|11|12...16 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.