Is there any way to see the second season shows other than the last one?
7/10/2020 10:58 PM
Posted by DeBeque on 7/10/2020 10:58:00 PM (view original):
Is there any way to see the second season shows other than the last one?
Previously recorded shows can be watched on the YouTube Channel. Also available are Season One TTATO podcasts as audio only videos.
7/11/2020 1:31 AM
Thank you for that link, Majique. Very interesting shows.
7/15/2020 2:30 PM
Link to 7/16/20 TTATO.
7/16/2020 10:03 PM
Another fun show!!
7/17/2020 7:08 PM
Thanks Hookem, the panelists and visitors make it all happen!
7/20/2020 10:33 AM
Posted by majique on 7/20/2020 10:33:00 AM (view original):
Thanks Hookem, the panelists and visitors make it all happen!
Yup! Kas and Ray were the NC's on Thursday!
7/20/2020 12:13 PM
Really enjoyed the 7/16 show. Well done, all of you.

Here's a recruiting question that may merit some discussion, applied to D1AA, D2 and D3. I usually sign my entire class at the initial signing, but occasionally I am still in one or two battles at that time. I'm trying to figure out how to make better use of the remaining recruiting time AFTER initial signings because I typically have plenty of cash left:
  • How much of your after-initial-signing recruiting is deliberate and how much is just because it didn't get done initially?
  • How do you decide which (and how many) openings to leave until after initial signings?
  • How do you decide which teams to battle after initial signings: sims or humans? Partly based on how many openings they have? Are you actually battling (investing) or just hoping to win a war of attrition? Do you learn that some of your neighbors typically run low on funds (or save a big war chest) making them a better (or worse) target?
  • How much of your budget is saved for after initial signings?
  • Is your recruiting different as far as geography goes after the initial signings?
  • I guess in a general way I'm wondering, do you have any systematic way to identify opportunity?
Thanks a million.
7/22/2020 11:06 AM (edited)
We'll try to hit as many of these as we can on Thurs' show.
7/22/2020 11:29 AM
majique, I didn't present my recruiting transparency question clearly. First, I mentioned my teams at OK and Temple to show that under normal conditions that I would have the prestige edge and that this idea might not be an overall great advantage to me. I certainly don't think that I have a prestige edge with Temple over ebel's Penn St. but this is where this info could be of value to me. Let's say that I could figure that he spent 70k v my 100k to get a recruit. I would have to spend 10/7 or 42 % more. but since I have 15 scholarships to his 10, I would have a 50% cash advantage and would be able to battle him. He's the better coach with better players and more prestige. I don't think having the prestige edge in secret is best for the game. Since I'm advocating transparency, I clearly would have no problem having the coaches I battle see my recruiting actions after the signing period. As I said, this a contentious topic and usually I'm in the great minority.
7/23/2020 10:08 PM (edited)
Gotcha, but remember, it's not about $$$$, it's about effort. In order to get a better understanding of your opponent's recruiting you need to decipher how much EFFORT he's putting into a recruit. Still an interesting concept to be able to actually see the effort expended by all parties.
7/23/2020 10:11 PM
Right, I'm not saying that all recruiting actions have proportionate value. I don't think (80) 10$ phone calls are as good as (1) 800$ campus visit, but once you get down to serious recruiting it's campus visits v campus visits. You can easily get his $/CV by looking at his considering mileage. Then by comparing the number of CVs you can get by the amount you are willing to spend you can get the # of CVs you are willing offer. You can then take this # of CVs and multiply it by his cost (= effort). If I don't think he's willing to spend this amount I would consider a battle. I don't need this to be a perfect science, I would just like to get a reasonable ballpark estimate.
7/23/2020 10:42 PM
I brought back the Recruiting Transparency thread (started 11/3/16) in case anyone wanted to look at it.
7/24/2020 1:38 AM
Link to 7/30 show posted in first post of this thread.
7/30/2020 8:32 AM
Thanks for considering my questions on your 7/23 show, Majique. Sorry if I wasn't as clear as I could have been. Looking forward to tonight's show.
7/30/2020 7:26 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...16 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.