Quarantine the "at risk" Topic

Posted by tangplay on 2/2/2021 8:27:00 AM (view original):
This is a bad-faith argument. I'll engage with it anyway.

The problem is the pandemic, not the lockdown. Let's assume we completely open up society. Will that make people more free? Will that help the economy? Will it make people more happy? No, no, and no.

Let's start with freedom. I agree, a lockdown is a restriction on freedom. But the alternative isn't any better. Personally, I wouldn't feel more free knowing that anything I do puts me at risk of death. The issue is the pandemic.

Will it help the economy? Maybe. People are going to be hesitant to go about their daily lives as long as the pandemic exists. So the problem here, again, is the pandemic.

I agree that people are depressed right now. Is it because they are at home all day? Possibly. There's also the anxiety of thousands of people dying a day, and the very real chance that your friends or family could die. I would imagine that this would also reduce happiness. So again, the pandemic is the problem.

We have to ******* end this virus. I don't care how.

And by the way, even if you want to end lockdowns, WEAR A ******* MASK, YOU ******* IDIOT.
To your credit, you were doing just fine until your last line.

I have painted some smiley teeth on my mask

I do not believe the numbers they are spewing to us. I also believe the 'kill rate' is about like a bad strain of flu. Next time the flu comes around, be prepared to go through these hoops again

In Canada om 2020 about 300,000 people have died/ This is up perhaps 3 percent from 2019. We need to remember that the biggest population boom was between 1945 to '55. Hence, the baby boomers. I am one of them/ Now we are all bet age 65 to 76..and are therefore kicking the bucket in bigger numbers than in the last 20 years..I think the number of CO-19 related deaths is something like 13,000 for the last 12 mos.

.Tang, about 85 % (actually the number is much higher) are age 70 plus and most of those ones are not healthy to begin with. Stay with me here.. a BIG percentage of those were in health care facilities.. nursing homes and etc. So of that total of about 10,000. Does it make sense that more of those ones would have died within a year even if there was no covid 'crisis?' I think yes. 2 family members about my age have had it and kicked it in ten days..

I cannot help but see mas manipulation at work.

I also believe the numbers have been skewed.. This is not hard to do if you are a mega organization like W.H.O. and I call them a fear mongering arm of the UN// Most folks believe whatever these guys say and this is why I see a problem.

I don't believe you, or anyone else on these boards is dumb.. but I do believe the younger folks are quicker to buy into the lie.. I won't go into that here.

If this was the Spanish Flu, we would have about 4 and a half MILLION died in Canada and the US.. over 15 per cent.. but they are telling us 130,000 in the US and a tenth of that in Canada.. there are those who will suggest we are smarter today.. to a point, I believe we are better of if we are active, laughing (not nuts, but having fun) and we need exercise.. every day. The fitness center is closed. The pool is closed.. and we are much sicker because of the misery index and lack of exercise.so we are run down ..and much more likely to get sick, or start hitting drugs and more booze. That, of course will weaken us even more.. Catch 22

I am insisting that the cure is worse than the disease. Rather than push back with argument, try to see my point.. and I have seen more than one scam in my life

Have a good day.. seriously try to get out for a fast walk and sing some kind of happy song.. It makes a huge difference. We disagree, and that is a good thing. Imagine... everyone thinking/holding to the same story

Masks: I of course wear one.. but also believe a virus will pass through like a handful of gravel through a chain link fence.. and with no mask, I can breathe better

Cheers

2/3/2021 2:12 PM (edited)
so misguided.
2/2/2021 10:04 AM
So your response seems to be
1. The numbers are skewed - but I have no evidence.
2. Masks don't work - but I have no evidence.

Buddy. We can measure excess mortality. Excess mortality attempts to measure how many extra deaths happened in a given time period outside of "normal" circumstances. It's up big, and the rise fits essentially exactly with COVID deaths.
2/2/2021 10:51 AM
Posted by laramiebob on 3/25/2020 2:03:00 PM (view original):
EVERYONE is at risk. Right this minute a 25 year old man in his prime, NO pre-existing conditions (according to his MOTHER), all-american Lacrosse player is on a ventilator fighting for his life.
A person under the age of 18 has died in California.
I read somewhere that an infant somewhere has the virus!!!

My County at this moment has no known cases.
It would be wonderful IF we never got one.
But we will.
More than one.
It's inevitable.

Oh, 1 more problem with your "idea".
Who's defining "at risk"?
Certainly not you, I hope.
When I was about 22, I was on a major Construction project n BC. i saw this guy age 24 on the way to the cookhouse at breakfast (Construction camp) and he just dropped dead.. stroke.. Bingo gone/ He had no issues either. Sometimes people check out early. I might sound harsh and cold hearted.. but not so

I hope that guy makes it.

Wear the mask, do the distancing thingy. stay strong.. and live your life .... and remember that fear has torment, and most of what you fear will never happen

time to go dats all folks
2/2/2021 11:02 AM
Posted by tangplay on 2/2/2021 10:51:00 AM (view original):
So your response seems to be
1. The numbers are skewed - but I have no evidence.
2. Masks don't work - but I have no evidence.

Buddy. We can measure excess mortality. Excess mortality attempts to measure how many extra deaths happened in a given time period outside of "normal" circumstances. It's up big, and the rise fits essentially exactly with COVID deaths.
I could get you evidence of the skewed numbers, but even then, you will think the same so. Masks stop the vapour and droplets, but a virus can easily penetrate one

13,000/310,000 = yeah, up big time. Unless you take out them who were going to go anyhow.... so you get an increase of 4% or .05% assuming all cases were not phoney as in 'Call it due to Co 19" and this has happened. Over 99% of them who get it kick it..

Lostnfound <----- gives up
2/2/2021 11:11 AM (edited)
All indicated evidence shows that masks work. I'm sure that you know more than the overwhelming evidence of the scientific community.

Please demonstrate evidence that the hundreds of thousands of deaths that just randomly appeared this year, all with symptoms and diagnoses that we can trace back to a specific illness, were going to happen anyway. Would love to see it.

Cut the bullshit. You know you are lying.

You need help.
2/2/2021 11:32 AM
Posted by tangplay on 2/2/2021 11:32:00 AM (view original):
All indicated evidence shows that masks work. I'm sure that you know more than the overwhelming evidence of the scientific community.

Please demonstrate evidence that the hundreds of thousands of deaths that just randomly appeared this year, all with symptoms and diagnoses that we can trace back to a specific illness, were going to happen anyway. Would love to see it.

Cut the bullshit. You know you are lying.

You need help.
I will take all the help I can get. Need the back fence painted. Too cold still.

Seriously not lying. What would be the point?

2/3/2021 2:18 PM
You must be in the Okanogan.

And what?? You ain't got no illegals to do your odd jobs up there??
I bet you could put an add in the Bellingham paper and hire one from below the line.
They do work hard.

Far harder than Canadians.
:-)
2/3/2021 3:37 PM
Posted by lostnfound74 on 2/1/2021 3:10:00 PM (view original):
I will wager that the suicide rate has increased 30% this last year, from 5 years ago
If Reagan hadn't of gutted mental health care so many years ago, maybe things would be better.
2/3/2021 4:03 PM
Which also is a direct line to the homelessness problem we have today.....especially when you look at what he did to education.
2/3/2021 4:05 PM
Used to be a Hospital in Sedro-Wooley, WA called (I think) Northern State Hospital. It's closed now. Pretty sure you can thank Reagan. Don't know WHAT they did with the inmates.................. the ones in the iron lungs might've been tough to just push out the door, but I'm pretty sure the ones that were physically able ended up down by Pike street in fairly high numbers.
2/3/2021 4:36 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 2/3/2021 4:36:00 PM (view original):
Used to be a Hospital in Sedro-Wooley, WA called (I think) Northern State Hospital. It's closed now. Pretty sure you can thank Reagan. Don't know WHAT they did with the inmates.................. the ones in the iron lungs might've been tough to just push out the door, but I'm pretty sure the ones that were physically able ended up down by Pike street in fairly high numbers.
Heh....fun fact. In the late 90's I banged a buddies girlfriend in the ruins of Northern State while high on mushrooms.
2/3/2021 4:57 PM
2/3/2021 6:48 PM
Posted by The Taint on 2/3/2021 4:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by laramiebob on 2/3/2021 4:36:00 PM (view original):
Heh....fun fact. In the late 90's I banged a buddies girlfriend in the ruins of Northern State while high on mushrooms.
That was you??? You bastard! LOL
2/3/2021 7:03 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 2/3/2021 3:37:00 PM (view original):
You must be in the Okanogan.

And what?? You ain't got no illegals to do your odd jobs up there??
I bet you could put an add in the Bellingham paper and hire one from below the line.
They do work hard.

Far harder than Canadians.
:-)
Who you talking to? We don't have many illegals. We do not WANT illegals. and as for work ethic, you are making stuff up

and the Okanogan? I don't think anyone here lives there.

but put your ad in Smellingham's Paper.. Hire one yourself, if it so be you are too cheap to play someone a decent wage
2/4/2021 9:24 AM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Quarantine the "at risk" Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.