Quarantine the "at risk" Topic

Why shut down the whole country? This will never work, because all it takes is one yahoo to put us right back at square one.

Why not quarantine the "at risk" folks and let the rest of the country get back to business as usual?
3/25/2020 1:35 PM
I'm ready to die for Trump's Wall Street!
3/25/2020 2:02 PM
EVERYONE is at risk. Right this minute a 25 year old man in his prime, NO pre-existing conditions (according to his MOTHER), all-american Lacrosse player is on a ventilator fighting for his life.
A person under the age of 18 has died in California.
I read somewhere that an infant somewhere has the virus!!!

My County at this moment has no known cases.
It would be wonderful IF we never got one.
But we will.
More than one.
It's inevitable.

Oh, 1 more problem with your "idea".
Who's defining "at risk"?
Certainly not you, I hope.
3/25/2020 2:03 PM
I'm not suggesting forced quarantine.
That's certainly your right.
3/25/2020 2:04 PM
Bob, the individual decides if he or she is "at risk" and wants to be quarantined.
3/25/2020 2:16 PM
I get what bruceleefan is saying.

Italy doesn't have the homes and retirement centers we have. Being more familial the old folks really do stay at home.

IF we could make a concerterted effort (and I think we are) to isolate the homes and retirement communities from contact..we lower the death factor significantly. That should make a better outcome for our loved ones here in the USA.
3/25/2020 2:38 PM
Death Panels!

Bailouts!

"Stimulus!

Tea Party Time!!!!!
3/25/2020 3:55 PM
What are you saying? PLEASE SPEAK UP.
3/25/2020 4:02 PM
4/1/2020 5:34 PM
If it saves just one life,
shouldn't we imprison everyone
for the rest of their lives?
4/14/2020 10:20 PM
Posted by bruceleefan on 3/25/2020 2:16:00 PM (view original):
Bob, the individual decides if he or she is "at risk" and wants to be quarantined.
if idiots aren't willing to shelter in place what makes you think they'd be smart enough to self quarantine?
4/14/2020 10:39 PM
Idiots can't be counted on for anything. They don't get to "self" anything.
A quarantine HAS to be enforceable, that means not self policed.
4/15/2020 8:52 AM
By what authority do we strip law abiding citizens of their liberty?
The fear of some virus is enough to have some of you clamoring that we should be more like communist China? Seriously?

You guys must not be big fans of the Constitution.
4/15/2020 10:35 AM
Posted by bruceleefan on 4/15/2020 10:35:00 AM (view original):
By what authority do we strip law abiding citizens of their liberty?
The fear of some virus is enough to have some of you clamoring that we should be more like communist China? Seriously?

You guys must not be big fans of the Constitution.
Hopefully this is a bad joke, or a troll.
What kind of person would seriously think that letting a few irresponsible kill the whole American population is a better idea than making people stay home for 2 weeks?
One that's obviously not a big fan of common sense.
4/15/2020 10:59 AM
"Kill the whole American population"?
That is an absurd claim. The death rate is VERY SMALL.
There are more people over 90 who have died than under age 60.

Furthermore, 2 weeks will do NOTHING, except slow the progression which buys time for our hospitals to not get overwhelmed. That's it.

Either you go full blown China and institute martial law to force an ACTUAL shutdown or you get back to business as usual.
4/15/2020 11:40 AM
123456 Next ▸
Quarantine the "at risk" Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.