Draft Every Player/Season Commentary Topic

This is the commentary thread. Have at it boys!
3/27/2020 4:47 AM
Posted by amerk1180 on 3/26/2020 11:54:00 PM (view original):
Wow! This is like a DEAL league from years gone by! So nice to see all the familiar names!!! Is this like owners pulling their teams from the NFL to join the XFL?? Just kidding EJ! Maybe it's more like a "spin-off", like the Jeffersons from All In The Family. Anyways, good to see all you guys again! It will be kinda nice to just be a regular owner in this league!
I'm gonna start a commentary thread. We've got lots to say.
Best spinoff, btw? The Jeffersons? Laverne and Shirley? Melrose Place?
3/27/2020 6:40 AM (edited)
Great concept EJ. In DEAL we always get to see the best years, you've found a way to keep the best years and add the deep tracks seasons. Thanks.
3/27/2020 6:32 AM
And there are some great deep tracks... the combinations are endless. Gonna be an interesting build.
3/27/2020 6:39 AM
Posted by ejstockman on 3/27/2020 6:40:00 AM (view original):
Posted by amerk1180 on 3/26/2020 11:54:00 PM (view original):
Wow! This is like a DEAL league from years gone by! So nice to see all the familiar names!!! Is this like owners pulling their teams from the NFL to join the XFL?? Just kidding EJ! Maybe it's more like a "spin-off", like the Jeffersons from All In The Family. Anyways, good to see all you guys again! It will be kinda nice to just be a regular owner in this league!
I'm gonna start a commentary thread. We've got lots to say.
Best spinoff, btw? The Jeffersons? Laverne and Shirley? Melrose Place?
Best spin-off - Green Acres. Parent - Petticoat Junction.

One of the funniest shows of all time. It was much better than the parent.
3/27/2020 6:49 AM
Posted by ejstockman on 3/27/2020 6:39:00 AM (view original):
And there are some great deep tracks... the combinations are endless. Gonna be an interesting build.
But no player clones on a team, right? So if you have a Babe Ruth, that's the only one you get.
3/27/2020 6:50 AM
Posted by kelly1 on 3/27/2020 6:50:00 AM (view original):
Posted by ejstockman on 3/27/2020 6:39:00 AM (view original):
But no player clones on a team, right? So if you have a Babe Ruth, that's the only one you get.
Exactly.
3/27/2020 7:00 AM
If clones were allowed, I'd have three Babe Ruth's with my first three picks.
3/28/2020 7:33 PM
@schwarze — I think you and I have polar opposite strategies for / reads of this draft.
3/28/2020 11:54 PM
The best spin-offs ever would be Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and Knots Landing.
3/29/2020 12:03 AM
EJ, this is the PERFECT complement to the DEAL league and draft! Not only does it allow MANY owners who have BEEN in the DEAL league that can't get back in because it fills so quickly, but it also adds a LOT of strategic options. Kudos to you for thinking of this!

ONLY problem I can see is later in the draft, trying to figure out who has been drafted and who hasn't. It is almost much more important to update the main page more frequently, or we will have a ton of "He has already been drafted in that season. You need to repick!" posts. LOVE this idea though as a complemnent to the DEAL!
3/29/2020 2:47 AM
Posted by amerk1180 on 3/29/2020 2:47:00 AM (view original):
EJ, this is the PERFECT complement to the DEAL league and draft! Not only does it allow MANY owners who have BEEN in the DEAL league that can't get back in because it fills so quickly, but it also adds a LOT of strategic options. Kudos to you for thinking of this!

ONLY problem I can see is later in the draft, trying to figure out who has been drafted and who hasn't. It is almost much more important to update the main page more frequently, or we will have a ton of "He has already been drafted in that season. You need to repick!" posts. LOVE this idea though as a complemnent to the DEAL!
Thanks Amerk! You are right about the end of the draft. I've been updating constantly and its going to be a challenge with the multiple picks. Just want everyone to keep their eyes on the front pages to make sure I don't miss anyone! Lots of WIS experts with varying strategies here. Fascinating.
3/29/2020 7:32 AM

Posted by ozomatli on 3/28/2020 10:51:00 PM (view original):
He was taken. Sitemailed
Thanks man, literally been shooting tequila since 5:30 this morning, lol.

1917 Ty Cobb

This is a classic from Taint. Welcome to the Quarantine!
3/28/2020 11:30 PM
3/29/2020 7:33 AM
Posted by nordawg on 3/29/2020 12:03:00 AM (view original):
Does Star Trek: The Next Generation count as a spin off? If so, that's got my vote. A classic in its own right.
3/29/2020 7:37 AM
Posted by ejstockman on 3/29/2020 7:37:00 AM (view original):
Posted by nordawg on 3/29/2020 12:03:00 AM (view original):
Does Star Trek: The Next Generation count as a spin off? If so, that's got my vote. A classic in its own right.
I would say so. Technically, DS9 and Voyager (and now Picard) are spinoffs of TNG, while TNG is a spinoff of The Original Series. DS9 is my favorite of all the spinoffs.
3/29/2020 1:36 PM
123 Next ▸
Draft Every Player/Season Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.