Mega Conference Concept Topic

Mega Conference - GD conference with no vacancy, filled primarily with GD coaches with proven track records and championship pedigree.

10 of us have formed a "Mega Conference" in Wilkinson's D1-AA Big Sky Conference and just finished our first season as such. There were only 3 coaches in the conference a season ago, but 7 other coaches decided to leave their previous programs (several were D1A elites such as Texas and Oklahoma, as well as the reigning national champion at Rutgers). it all happened over the course of 24 hours as the intrigue built up with one coach entering the frey, and then the next. We've since held podcasts to discuss everything a GD season brings from recruiting to playoff talk. As each new coach gets another season to build their roster this conference is going to be the most fascinating level of competition many of us have had the opportunity to experience in GD. I want to invite you to that same experience.

Several of us were talking about coaches we would like to one day see in this mega conference, and after we had named a dozen or so, I wondered, why dont those coaches start a second megs conference on the east coast to rival ours on the west. It'll take some leadership and collaboration, not to mention willingness to leave behind programs that you've invested in to this point. BUT, as I mentioned with the Sky - that all happened for us. I guess it depends on what you're looking for out of this game. If it is competing day in and day out against the best it has to offer, well, the mega conference is the answer. To be transparent, having as rival mega conference in Wilkinson is something the Big Sky would like to see. Heres why.... within 4-5 seasons the Big Sky Conference Championship is going to be the most prestigious game of the season, because of what it will take and the level of play you'll have to obtain in order to get there and win it. Having a rival mega conference will bring balance back and make the national tournament just as big - as it should be. The reality is though, without a second mega conference, the playing field nationally just isn't level. coaches in conferences out east within human completion (or very little) in recruiting and conferences play have an obvious advantage when we get to tournament play. Secondly, the non-conference challenges that could be created with another mega conference would be FANTRASTIC too. wow! The collaboration between conferences in shared media would bring some life to the world that it hasn't seen, maybe ever.

I really enjoy the game, and the level of competition in it is the main reason. Just some thoughts, guys. If any of you want to pursue and need help, let the rest of us know and we will for sure. Last, many of us in Wilkinson are in a slack chat room together. much easier to communicate and certainly enjoyable to bring more of a community feel to the game we play. If you are not in that chat and would like to be, just site mail me your email address and I'll invite you in. Take care guys!
3/28/2020 2:27 PM
This is a great idea. I just came back to GD after a 5 year break. Really more like 10, because 5 years ago I played 3 seasons and then left again. I will definitely be picking up a team in Wilk, but will take me a couple of seasons to work my way up. I should be able to start at D2 with 4 seasons under my belt from 2015 in Wilk.
3/28/2020 8:09 PM
we'll see you soon, Ktrotter! sitemail me your email address and I'll add you to slack chat
3/28/2020 10:34 PM
MEAC. It’ll be full in 48 hours. Get your apps in now
3/29/2020 2:56 PM
The MEAC will be full as soon as the engine selects a coach for the last of the 12 spots (only one left). There are 11 spots open in the Gateway and with The Big Sky being on the west coast and the MEAC being on the east, the Gateway is a good place for mega conference #3 in Wilkinson D1AA. bring it!
3/30/2020 3:41 PM
i joined Wilkinson with the goal of joining one of these conferences
4/10/2020 7:57 AM
rdierkers, glad to have you in the mix! impressive performance in Heisman! You'll enjoy the Wilkinson community and competition! hop on the podcast tomorrow!
4/11/2020 11:27 AM
I am in D3 in Wilk with a promising Widener program, but am working my way up and would be interested when I get up there.
4/17/2020 9:18 PM
D3... get out!!!!
4/19/2020 11:48 PM
Mega Conference Concept Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.