Comments on the layout/design Topic

Hey guys, I know a lot of you are disliking the new design, but it doesn't really help me unless you give specific reasons. For example, say "there is too much space in tables" or "the color there is hard to read" or "this thing should be located here instead of there".

Those type of constructive, specific comments help me improve the new design. Just saying "I hate it" doesn't help me. I want this beta period to be a collaborative effort with the community so we can optimize the new design for how you play the game.

Thanks.
3/28/2020 4:51 PM
I thought BullMoose was really on point with his comments. There is so much wasted (blank) space. It requires so much scrolling. I also feel like there aren't any borders anymore separating text. It's worst in the draft center.

I am trying to share share a couple of screen shots from my phone where I am having particular problems... Using my phone since this update is supposed to be for mobile users.

Is there a way to upload the photos?

3/28/2020 5:57 PM
Thanks, those are useful comments. I'll see what I can do.
3/28/2020 7:30 PM
This is also true looking in the Manager's Office. Opponents scouting report and team managerial style take up a lot of space. Quite a bit of scrolling to set my lineup and adjust pitching which are the things I do most often on that page. I set managerial style at the beginning of the season then leave it alone usually.

Again, this is when using my phone. It's fine on a laptop.
3/29/2020 8:26 AM (edited)
I chose to use the old design, can you make that big rectangle explaining that I chose the old design disappear?
3/29/2020 8:52 AM
Posted by bronxcheer on 3/29/2020 8:52:00 AM (view original):
I chose to use the old design, can you make that big rectangle explaining that I chose the old design disappear?
If you have adblock installed you can use block element to get rid of it. I also use it to remove all the links in the banner in my locker that I don't want nor need.
3/29/2020 6:39 PM
Seble, can't there be a win/win for all users and have a mobile app for phones and a web format for the ones that don't want the app features on their laptop or desktop.

In my webull trade account I have use of the mobile app and the desktop version which I prefer but when away from my laptop I adapt and overcome with the app.
3/29/2020 6:49 PM (edited)
who do i get teams that are in theme leagues or progressive leagues entered into the league to begin play.I have a league number ,but when i go to enter the team,th edrop down defaults to an open league.i want a theme league .and all i see is create a new theme league.i am not creating a new them league.I must be miising a very simole point.But if i can not enter teams,i will be forced to leave.I bbe a customer since 2002,I think this new set up is visually unappealing,and probable unnecessary.i am like many others and if the old format departs,i will too depart.I asked yu previously about enterign tems and received no reply.Somehow i think you will ignore this note.
3/29/2020 6:49 PM
Posted by jeff4noles on 3/29/2020 6:49:00 PM (view original):
who do i get teams that are in theme leagues or progressive leagues entered into the league to begin play.I have a league number ,but when i go to enter the team,th edrop down defaults to an open league.i want a theme league .and all i see is create a new theme league.i am not creating a new them league.I must be miising a very simole point.But if i can not enter teams,i will be forced to leave.I bbe a customer since 2002,I think this new set up is visually unappealing,and probable unnecessary.i am like many others and if the old format departs,i will too depart.I asked yu previously about enterign tems and received no reply.Somehow i think you will ignore this note.
Select existing ;league and enter the league number I would hope, Jeff. I haven't even had the time to look at the new version but may tonight and hopefully it is that simple as it should be.
3/29/2020 6:51 PM
Posted by rooskie on 3/29/2020 6:51:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jeff4noles on 3/29/2020 6:49:00 PM (view original):
Select existing ;league and enter the league number I would hope, Jeff. I haven't even had the time to look at the new version but may tonight and hopefully it is that simple as it should be.
Thanks rooksie.Ithink Itried that and instead of being entered my team defaulted back to the draft center.Iknow when Ityped in the league number my team remained in the draft center not enter ed d into the league.
3/29/2020 7:52 PM
In the draft center, there doesn't seem to be a link available to ballpark effects until you finish drafting. Maybe I'm just missing it, but it would be useful if that was put back in.
3/29/2020 9:31 PM
Posted by whoscraig on 3/28/2020 5:57:00 PM (view original):
I thought BullMoose was really on point with his comments. There is so much wasted (blank) space. It requires so much scrolling. I also feel like there aren't any borders anymore separating text. It's worst in the draft center.

I am trying to share share a couple of screen shots from my phone where I am having particular problems... Using my phone since this update is supposed to be for mobile users.

I wanted to second this as well. On a lot of pages, the thing you spend the most time on isn't even on the screen when you load up. That's unavoidable on a phone screen, but on a tablet or, especially, a laptop, it should be.

I don't have the data on which things are clicked on most - and maybe the old code doesn't let you get at it easily either - but if you have that, trying to rearrange stuff to bring the most clicked on stuff up the page would be good.

For me, for example, I look at the league forum much more often than I look at the schedule from several days ago. But in the league office I have to scroll past my old schedule to get at the forum. And similarly, as was already noted, in the manager's office.
3/29/2020 9:37 PM
just grandfather people that wish to use the old system.otherwise,I think you will lose many loyal customers if you insist on this new unappealing and wasteful set up
3/30/2020 7:57 AM
Posted by brianjw on 3/29/2020 9:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by whoscraig on 3/28/2020 5:57:00 PM (view original):

I wanted to second this as well. On a lot of pages, the thing you spend the most time on isn't even on the screen when you load up. That's unavoidable on a phone screen, but on a tablet or, especially, a laptop, it should be.

I don't have the data on which things are clicked on most - and maybe the old code doesn't let you get at it easily either - but if you have that, trying to rearrange stuff to bring the most clicked on stuff up the page would be good.

For me, for example, I look at the league forum much more often than I look at the schedule from several days ago. But in the league office I have to scroll past my old schedule to get at the forum. And similarly, as was already noted, in the manager's office.
You find it harder to use the new version on desktop for this reason? I made some tweaks to make for less scrolling on desktop (i.e. adding the right column) so that surprises me.
3/30/2020 11:32 AM
Not terribly impressed by the new design. Slightly better on mobile, but not significant enough for me to really feel the difference.

A few minor things to make this a little better:
League Office page: Make team name column static so when you scroll right you know which team you're looking at since scrolling is required on a mobile device.
Manager's Office page: Make player name column static so when you scroll right you know which team you're looking at since scrolling is required on a mobile device. Move pitcher stat display options and pitcher links above legend so they can be easily found.
GM's Office page: Make player name column static so when you scroll right you know which team you're looking at since scrolling is required on a mobile device.
3/30/2020 12:34 PM
12 Next ▸
Comments on the layout/design Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.