Comments on the layout/design Topic

Posted by rooskie on 3/29/2020 6:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bronxcheer on 3/29/2020 8:52:00 AM (view original):
I chose to use the old design, can you make that big rectangle explaining that I chose the old design disappear?
If you have adblock installed you can use block element to get rid of it. I also use it to remove all the links in the banner in my locker that I don't want nor need.
Thanks
3/30/2020 3:13 PM
I like the new design; it is a welcome upgrade.
It took a bit of time to understand the navigation and now that I do it seems just fine.
My only issue, a minor one, regards the "awards" not seeming to work on the new format. I like looking at it throughout the season and found myself going back to the old format to view. Even end of season for the top three awards only lists the winner instead of the top five.
3/31/2020 12:10 PM
As someone with a severe color deficiency the new color scheme is hard to see well. Especially the standings pages where my own team is highlighted in a light blue color. It's harder for me to pick out my own team when the other lines alternate between white and light gray. The light blue isn't enough of a contrast. The old design with the yellow color to highlight my own team was much easier to see. Not sure how it looks to normal eyes.
3/31/2020 3:28 PM
skunk - I agree about the highlight color. I'll be changing it back to a yellow.
3/31/2020 3:31 PM
Sounds great, thanks.
3/31/2020 4:00 PM
This has been mentioned before, but I would like to see a bolder print used for the player search criteria. My old eyes (with cataracts) struggle to see the faint letters and numbers, making searches take longer and with more mistakes. Even though preferring the old setup, I am trying to get used to the new one in order to continue on the site. I hope you consider this request in order to help some people stay.
3/31/2020 4:08 PM

Darkened link color to match the old design.

Thanks, this makes it a lot easier on the eyes.
3/31/2020 4:09 PM
It is probable me, but I don’t see the owners forum that was at the bottom of the league page, below the schedule.?
3/31/2020 6:43 PM
I'm giving the new "mobile friendly" design a second try. I noticed two things immediately.
The first is simple.
Please darken the print/typing! Not the whole page mind you, just the typing the names and numbers, BOLD them!
Please.

#2. This MAY be a bug. For me, from the "my Locker" page. When I clik on my team's "office" link it takes me to the Team Center page. When on that page the "league Office" link, the "Manager office" link, the GM's office" link don't work. I clik on them they go nowhere, do nothing. The ONLY way I can get to my team's league office page is to clik on the teams' name. Now, here's the oddity in all that.
Once I DO get to my team's League Office Page (the "standings" page) those same links at the top (GM's Office, Mgr's Office, League office) all work!

Bottom line is, there seems to be an extra step required to get from the My Locker Page to my team. I'm routed to the team center page and HAVE TO clik on my team to find the Standings/League Office page. Can't we eliminate that step? I don't want to have to go the the team center page 1st. I only need to go there when I want to go there.
4/1/2020 12:16 PM
Any weirdness around getting to the Team Center or going to a particular team is likely due to the beta site redirecting. That will all go away once the old design does.
4/1/2020 12:32 PM
Very good. I like having the My Locker page being the "landing" spot. That way you get to choose which of your teams to visit/look at when or first, etc.
4/1/2020 1:11 PM
The colors are nice. Good looking pages.
For me........too much scrolling. I have to use that infernal wheel thing all the time.
Thus, I think the pages are too long really. Too big. The standings take up too much vertical space on that page.
Same thing with the managers page, just a tad too long. Too big.

I think, IF you sized it down some, and bolded the printing you might have voila for my usage.
And, I'm still having issues around the My Locker page.
That's where I want to land. But every time I clik on My Locker and go there, afterwards when I clik on My Team office page it directs me to the team center page and then the ONLY way I can get to my team is by cliking on the team name there (on the team center page) an extra step.
It's as if there is no My Locker page in the beta version so in Beta it sends me to the team center page.............??????
4/1/2020 1:58 PM
I prefer the old black and white version.
4/1/2020 2:03 PM
◂ Prev 12
Comments on the layout/design Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.