The Battered Basteards pf Baseball - MUSTSEE Topic

I am watching "The Battered Bastards of Baseball" - a documentary on Netflix about the Portland Mavericks of the 1970s and their team owner Bing Russell, actor from Gunsmoke and father of actor Kurt Russell.

Great movie about a baseball team.
4/3/2020 6:37 PM
Plus you find out what happened to Lou Gehrig's last bat.
4/3/2020 6:37 PM
Thanks for the rec...I haven't seen it yet...will definitely watch.

Isn't that the team Bouton played for when started his comeback?
4/4/2020 6:49 AM
Saw this documentary last year. Excellent story. Yes contrarian Bouton did play for this team. Cool guy too. You have a good memory
4/4/2020 10:41 AM
Saw this documentary last year. Excellent story. Yes contrarian Bouton did play for this team. Cool guy too. You have a good memory
4/4/2020 10:41 AM
Watched it a few months ago...great documetary!
4/4/2020 3:23 PM
Posted by italyprof on 4/3/2020 6:37:00 PM (view original):
I am watching "The Battered Bastards of Baseball" - a documentary on Netflix about the Portland Mavericks of the 1970s and their team owner Bing Russell, actor from Gunsmoke and father of actor Kurt Russell.

Great movie about a baseball team.
I grew up in Portland and attended many games when I was college age! They were the most fun team we ever had so I thoroughly enjoyed the documentary as it brought back many memories. I have 2 team photos in perfect condition that I treasure!
5/3/2020 9:49 PM
manager frank peters interview

Peters was a disciplinarian—"dope smokers to the back of the bus"
5/4/2020 4:54 AM
. I’ll be checking it out. thanks for the heads up
5/8/2020 9:22 PM
Just watched it.........fantastic!
5/9/2020 8:37 AM
Just watched it too. Highly recommend. Thanks to italyprof for pointing us in the direction of this instant classic
5/10/2020 1:11 AM
Jogarza and the sweep broom was really funny.
5/10/2020 1:13 AM
The Battered Basteards pf Baseball - MUSTSEE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.