Commentary Thread DH $52M Draft League LXVIII Topic

Well pennsylvania is at it once again irritating any owner who is choosing to pay attention to his angry rants. Glad to hear about his new strategy to not draft a certain high usage point guard I think.
4/7/2020 9:36 PM
It's not surprising you see things the way you do INSTEAD of focusing the REAL ISSUE on the inconsiderate actions of the few! Apparently, it's just way too difficult to stay on top of something that you've signed up to participate in? But then, in your upside-down world, instead of directing your attention to the PROBLEM, you venture the fools errand of rationalizing the irrational.

From a simple practical point - is there a reason that we have time lapses of 8-10 hours - let alone days - where nothing happens? Is it that difficult to check in once in a while INSTEAD of having 20+ owners - who signed up to participate - wait until the problem makers decide to do what they signed up to do.

Another example how liberal derangement defies logic, reason and rational behavior -- SENSITIVITY ALERT SENSITIVITY ALERT

4/8/2020 8:27 AM
Yes, it is we who are deranged.
4/8/2020 8:50 AM (edited)
The Irony of the "sensitivity alert"
4/8/2020 8:54 AM

It is ironic. Those who profess to be understanding, compassionate and without bias (liberals) are the ones who complain about everything, and that everything OTHERS do is offensive.

And
then, when they get really ****** at the OTHERS, they go and protest by burning and destroying their own property and neighborhoods. GO FIGURE!

Talk about living in an upside-down world -
4/8/2020 10:40 AM
Posted by pennsylvania on 4/8/2020 10:40:00 AM (view original):

It is ironic. Those who profess to be understanding, compassionate and without bias (liberals) are the ones who complain about everything, and that everything OTHERS do is offensive.

And
then, when they get really ****** at the OTHERS, they go and protest by burning and destroying their own property and neighborhoods. GO FIGURE!

Talk about living in an upside-down world -
Some good non-complaining there.
4/8/2020 12:50 PM
(sent from my typewriter)
4/8/2020 1:02 PM
And in an attempt at wit you've unwittingly made my point -- the fact that you don't get it is equally revealing! REALITY: here we are having 1 pick since drafting started @ 4/7/20 5:44PM - that's 19 hours - AND all you have is an idiotic comment about nothing.

Well played - for the fool on the hill.

HINT: that means that someone hasn't check the progess in over 19 hours - DESPITE SIGNING UP TO PARTICIPATE.

You just can't fix stupid.

4/8/2020 1:09 PM
Or you know maybe he didn't get the memo we started, even if it was unacceptable for someone to not make this site a top priority in their lives, he signed up on March 20th, or about 2 and a half weeks ago. So maybe he's been to busy to check the site proper in a while. Has anyone tried smailing him? Or are we just gonna gripe and moan?
4/8/2020 1:23 PM
Oh, I get it - now we need to REMIND some that they signed up to participate.

the lengths some people will go to rationalize and excuse the irrational - and somehow, I'm the problem for pointing out the obvious - WHO SIGNS UP FOR DRAFT AND THEN IGNORES DOING WHAT THEY SIGNED UP TO DO!

WOW - to think the simple is complicated for some; and that others feel compelled to explain away stupid.
4/8/2020 1:34 PM
I site mailed the top five at 1:08 am last night. Two of those haven't opened the message yet.

And we could suggest to dh555 that we implement a 24 hour rule for the first round. That rule has worked well for the following rounds and we always seem to finish ahead of schedule.

In the mean time why don't the rest of the top 5 or so send in their proxy picks so that we can jam through the top of the first round right after midge makes his selection?

4/8/2020 1:46 PM
This will be the last I will say on the subject because I did shoot midge a little reminder.

Let's give a real world example, I work @ a hospital and am not at home being able to "socially distance" myself like many Americans are having to do right now. Fortunately, here the outbreak isn't so bad and my entire schedule has been "freed up" in case we suddenly have to deal with an influx of COVID-19 patients. If or probably when that happens I probably will be MIA most of the time myself due to the fact that the care of my patients will supersede my want to draft a basketball league. Now, I am by no means saying that our missing owner is in this kind of scenario, but my point is I DON'T know and I am not going to presume that he is being "irrational" and just ignoring his commitment to the league.

end Rant*
4/8/2020 1:47 PM
Are you upset that you are banned from taking you favorite point guard pennsylvania? Just wondering.

I have a really cool book to recommend for you specifically. BASKETBALL the new champions by Kent Hannon illustrated by Charles Liese. There are 8 X 10 illustrations of each of the players in the book that look like Leroy Neiman artwork. The players are all of the old guys from the early 70's that I always liked too. It's hard to find a copy but I saw one on thriftbooks.
4/8/2020 2:01 PM
Posted by samuelyork93 on 4/8/2020 1:48:00 PM (view original):
This will be the last I will say on the subject because I did shoot midge a little reminder.

Let's give a real world example, I work @ a hospital and am not at home being able to "socially distance" myself like many Americans are having to do right now. Fortunately, here the outbreak isn't so bad and my entire schedule has been "freed up" in case we suddenly have to deal with an influx of COVID-19 patients. If or probably when that happens I probably will be MIA most of the time myself due to the fact that the care of my patients will supersede my want to draft a basketball league. Now, I am by no means saying that our missing owner is in this kind of scenario, but my point is I DON'T know and I am not going to presume that he is being "irrational" and just ignoring his commitment to the league.

end Rant*
this, so much this
4/8/2020 2:04 PM
na - maybe I'm having withdrawal symptoms - BUT NOW, it appears advancing the COVID-19 excuse is the in thing to do -- as if it's only THEM that's been impacted.

Copernicus should think before he opens his mouth - I have a Law Practice in Reading (that's Eastern PA) and one in Butler County (that's Western PA) - 280 miles from door to door - you really want to talk about the emergencies in peoples' lives that I have to deal with - yet I'm able to keep my commitments on both sides of the Commonwealth.

Just another excuse -
4/8/2020 2:47 PM
1|2|3...17 Next ▸
Commentary Thread DH $52M Draft League LXVIII Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.