Commentary Thread DH $52M Draft League LXVIII Topic

Great evals dBKC. Thanks you.
4/19/2020 2:21 PM
yep, nice work
4/19/2020 7:02 PM
great job dBKC
4/20/2020 12:58 PM

9. Mikee1 (Durant, DAJ, Ewing, Marques Johnson, Terrell Brandon, Moreland, Gatling)

KD and DeAndre is a great duo but I think the next target should’ve been a point guard and not another C and SF. Mo Cheeks over Ewing would’ve made this team more appealing to me. I think there’s a lot to like about this team and a lot left on the table. This team was so close to being a strong contender but as it stands I’m going to say 38-44 wins.

I will take the over on 41.5 wins. Brandon vs Cheeks is an interesting debate- it could be argued that the opportunity cost of taking Cheeks (in your summary) would be missing out on Ewing. Instead, I was able to get a 55 EFG usage/FTA buzzsaw that defends on the interior and a very similar player to Cheeks two rounds later. I'm not sure which Cheeks season you like, but I like TB's cleaner, better passing with some 3's and pretty similar D thrown in. The downside is he shoots too much, taking shots from Durant and Ewing.

I will ultimately fail due to not enough passing and threes. Also, my defense isn't outstanding. 79 avg across the starting five.
4/20/2020 5:37 PM
To whomever does the division draft....I will SUCK! Don't pick me! I have NO offense whatsoever, and no 3 pt shooting. I couldn't outscore Marty Feldman at an orgy! Nevermind that I only have TWO players under an 80 Defensive rating (65 & 62) on my entire roster. Defense is terrribly overrated! And rebounding...sheesh! Elizabeth Taylor rebounded better than my clowns. I will suck, I promise you! DON'T take me in the division draft!!! I TRULY belong in the weakest division in the league, with the other dregs of WIS society!
4/21/2020 1:34 AM (edited)
Posted by amerk1180 on 4/21/2020 1:30:00 AM (view original):
To whomever does the division draft....I will SUCK! Don't pick me! I have NO offense whatsoever, and no 3 pt shooting. I couldn't outscore Marty Feldman at an orgy! Nevermind that I only have TWO players under an 80 Defensive rating (65 & 62) on my entire roster. Defense is terrribly overrated! And rebounding...sheesh! Elizabeth Taylor rebounded better than my clowns. I will suck, I promise you! DON'T take me in the division draft!!!
Those are some pretty good reasons to pick you in the division draft
4/21/2020 1:33 AM
Nooooo...bds, don't believe the media hype!!! Yes it's true Steven A Smith said my team will be a juggernaut this year, but what does he know? The guy's a total BLOWHARD who just loves to hear himself yell on TV! And so what that Rachel Nichols said I would finish first in any division....she only said that cuz I have too many WHITE guys on my roster! Yeah, she's a racist! And please ignore Wilbon saying he has never seen a better combination of defense and team work ethic since the Jordan-led Bulls! He's an IDIOT! And so is Kornhiser while I'm at it.

DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE!!!
4/21/2020 1:44 AM (edited)
OK, so you’re saying you should be picked high in the division draft. Got it
4/21/2020 1:49 AM
4/21/2020 8:43 AM
Posted by amerk1180 on 4/21/2020 1:34:00 AM (view original):
To whomever does the division draft....I will SUCK! Don't pick me! I have NO offense whatsoever, and no 3 pt shooting. I couldn't outscore Marty Feldman at an orgy! Nevermind that I only have TWO players under an 80 Defensive rating (65 & 62) on my entire roster. Defense is terrribly overrated! And rebounding...sheesh! Elizabeth Taylor rebounded better than my clowns. I will suck, I promise you! DON'T take me in the division draft!!! I TRULY belong in the weakest division in the league, with the other dregs of WIS society!
i had you ranked higher due to the below average rebounds...i think youre using the wrong roundfield season and also thought you were using 99d tree rollins(liar! haha)

overall this is definitely one of the best teams ive seen you draft in this league tho...really hope i get that ast% bump or youre probably gonna blow me out
4/21/2020 7:56 PM
To me the high Embiid season that dBKC is using is a killer for the team's EFG% for the minutes that he's in the game. He's an 8 usage point player and Barkley and McHale are 4 usage point players so they won't be shooting much when Embiid is out there on the floor.
4/21/2020 8:09 PM
Trust me, I have those worries about him too. But he was huge in my second title run and I had $ left to spend at that point in the draft. I think it’ll be fine
4/21/2020 8:12 PM
Posted by pennsylvania on 4/8/2020 4:13:00 PM (view original):
benhoidal - YES.

that's why I get upset - it's the same damn thing ever draft - and the fools continue to excuse those who constantly delay the draft BUT apparently it's my fault for pointing that out - ALL THE WHILE we wait and wait and wait.
Bump
7/9/2020 1:47 PM
◂ Prev 1...15|16|17
Commentary Thread DH $52M Draft League LXVIII Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.