NWP-RE Inaugural Draft Topic

I have a question about the die rolls as I have just done an iteration of 33 rolls of a 10-sided die.

If I remember correctly the results correspond to:

1 - 1899
2, 3 - 1900
4,5,6,7 - 1901
8,9 - 1902
10 - 1903

But do we begin with pitchers or with catchers, with pitchers being last?

That is, in reading the column of outcomes, am I calculating these years starting with C and then 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF - and are the OFs then calculated in alphabetical order? Then Pitchers, and again in alphabetical order?

Thanks. It's just that without knowing whom the numbers will concretely correspond to it is hard to figure out what they mean for our rosters.
5/14/2020 6:03 AM
after we post our rosters it will be in the order you posted your roster

for now it doesn't matter, I've been doing mine in the order I picked the players but as long as you choose an order without knowing what roll each spot in the order got you'll get the same info
5/14/2020 6:40 AM
Just wanna apologize for disappearing. I’m working 16 hrs a day at the prison with all this Covid stuff going on, and the last 2 days I’ve tried to log on between naps lol to make my picks but it said site was down, will catch up now before my next 4 hr nap then back to work for 16 more hrs, contract points won’t be done til Friday night, I took vacation on 3rd shift, so will get home about 10:30pm est, I’ll try to get it done by midnight, but hopefully I can get an hour or so leave way on the deadline. Thx, Disco.
P.S.-Not Whinning! Lol
5/14/2020 6:42 AM
P-Tom Thomas, P-Kaiser Wilhelm, P-Jesse Stovall,
That gives me 27 and a park, off to bed with me!
5/14/2020 7:10 AM (edited)
Farmer Vaughn , 1B
Farmer Steelman, C
5/14/2020 8:51 AM
Posted by 06gsp on 5/14/2020 6:40:00 AM (view original):

for now it doesn't matter, I've been doing mine in the order I picked the players but as long as you choose an order without knowing what roll each spot in the order got you'll get the same info
This is not correct.

Here is what it says in the League Constitution:
Here is how the randomization is going to work. I keep a spreadsheet with each team's players. I will sort each team's 33 man roster as follows: position players in alphabetical order by last name, then pitchers in alphabetical order by last name.

So italyprof, for your roster as it stands today, Harry Bemis would be first, then George Browne, Cupid Childs, etc.
5/14/2020 8:56 AM
Disco I wish you well in these times. I cannot even begin to imagine how difficul, dangerous and exhausting it must be for you. Take care of yourself.
5/14/2020 8:58 AM
P Henry Thielman
C Aleck Smith
5/14/2020 11:41 AM
Jim Jackson - OF
Jack Hayden - OF
5/14/2020 12:19 PM
FRANK MURPHY - OF
BILL CRISTAL - P
5/14/2020 12:34 PM
Posted by contrarian23 on 5/14/2020 8:56:00 AM (view original):
Posted by 06gsp on 5/14/2020 6:40:00 AM (view original):

This is not correct.

Here is what it says in the League Constitution:
Here is how the randomization is going to work. I keep a spreadsheet with each team's players. I will sort each team's 33 man roster as follows: position players in alphabetical order by last name, then pitchers in alphabetical order by last name.

So italyprof, for your roster as it stands today, Harry Bemis would be first, then George Browne, Cupid Childs, etc.
Thank you commissioner. I looked this up in the constitution today before asking the question, but somehow missed this phrase. That is very helpful.

Would it be more convenient for you if we post our Rosters with the Contract Points in alphabetical order by last name first for position players, then for pitchers, rather than by position as is the more traditional format for keepers lists?
5/14/2020 1:16 PM
Proxy for crazyamos:
1B Charlie Carr
2B Tim Flood
5/14/2020 1:19 PM
Ending - whatever round this is now:

Jack Ryan C
Jim Hughey P

starting the next round:

Joe Connor C/3B
Harry Gleason 3B/2B
5/14/2020 1:34 PM
proxy for crazyamos:
1B Pete Cassidy
SS John Gochnauer
5/14/2020 1:46 PM
◂ Prev 1...19|20|21|22|23 Next ▸
NWP-RE Inaugural Draft Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.