SimBaseball Bounties - 3 Live, 2 NEW!!! Topic

Hello!

Some of you my remember me, some of you not, and others I’m sure have no idea who I am. Anyway, after a 5-6 year hiatus from WIS, I’ve started playing again.

That said, in the few leagues I’ve been in since I’ve been back, I’ve been chatting with owners and have been created teams off of ideas we’ve discussed in the other leagues.

That gave me an idea and I’ll be tossing in a GC for each bounty for those who succeed first (everyone else can still go for it for bragging rights).

So here goes, roughly every 4 weeks (once a month) I’ll post a SimBaseball Bounty. These bounties will be specific statistical targets to try to hit in open or champs leagues. I want these to be achievable, but very challenging. There's going to be some rules though, but we'll get to those.

I already have six bounty ideas, but would like two more ideas to finish out this year with. So, if you have an idea share here or sitemail me. These bounties will remain active until someone achieves the goal. So we may end up with multiple active bounties depending on how long it takes to complete some of them.

Rules:
1. These bounties can only be achieved in Open Leagues or Champs Leagues. I wish there was a way to do them in theme leagues, but even after trying to come up with a way to make it work, there's no feasible way.

2. These bounties cannot interfere with the competitive balance of these league. I am going to try to set each of them up such that they require competitive teams to keep a bunch of people from entering the same OL all tanking to hit a specific stat for a player or two and ruining the league for everyone. That said, if my attempts to keep the competitive balance intact doesn't work and the result of this bounty is to destroy the integrity of OL/CL, then I will stop issuing bounties and GCs. So play nice and keep the fun and $$$ rolling for everyone.

3. To qualify for the GC for each bounty, you will need to post in this thread links and/or screencaps to the team/players in question that have completed the bounty. The GC will go to the first owner that posts verifiable proof of bounty completion. Only teams from Open Leagues or Champs Leagues Qualify (If you have a team the already completed one of the bounties but was no longer active, it does not qualify for the GC, but does for bragging rights).

4. I, or admin, reserve the right to modify these rules or cancel the whole thing to keep the competitive balance intact.
5/1/2020 7:21 PM (edited)
SimBaseball Bounty One -- The One About Pitchers Wins:

For this bounty you will need to either have two pitchers reach 50 wins each, or a single pitcher reach 80 wins (OL record). I have a team going right now trying to reach the two for 50 and my two pitchers are tracking for 50 & 48 (at the All-Star break). This one is tough, but I’ve seen it done in theme leagues and in an OL around 12 years ago.

DoctorKz's conversations about two with 40 wins and Boogerlips talking about going for the OL wins record inspired this bounty.

Winner:
Crazystengal: Ed Seward, 85 wins

Made it, but just a tad late:
FatDad: Ed Seward & Charlie Ferguson, 52 wins each; Boogerlips: Charlie Ferguson 81 wins
8/2/2021 8:35 PM (edited)
SimBaseball Bounty Two -- The One About HRs:
For this bounty you will need to win 90+ games while having your team have either 800 HRs (hit+allowed) or by hitting 450 more HRs than you allow. For this bounty, there may be some elements of luck depending on divisional and league setup and ballparks, etc... but how you decide to chase this is up to you. You want to go for hitting 450 HRs without allowing any, or go for a split where you hit and allow 400... up to you.

I'm entering one to start with with a goal to hit 450 and give up 350 while still winning 90 or more games.

To get an idea where I got these numbers from, I save every league I've ever played in a spreadsheet with full team stats, ballpark, etc... I had one team where I hit 500 and gave up 800 (1300 total) that won just 65 games. I had one where I hit 375 and allowed 325 (700 total) while winning 100 games. I had one where I hit 525 and allowed 700 (1225 total) and won 82. I had one that hit 500 and allowed 200 (700 total) and won 94. And in the end I both felt 800 seemed easy and very difficult, so that seemed right. On the other side, hitting 500 without allowing any on its own seemed easy, but to do that while winning 90 games, that seemed much more challenging giving the salary required for each element.

Hopefully this will be as challenging as I imagine, require a little league alignment and/or general luck, but should bring some unique strategies and fun to these leagues at the very least.

Winner:
31013: , 800 total HRs (536 Hit and 264 allowed).
12/15/2022 3:40 PM (edited)
SimBaseball Bounty Three -- The One About Stolen Bases:

This bounty is a little different, it's not going to be awarded to the first to achieve something, but the one who reaches the highest score between now and the end of the year (with games ending on 12/31/20 PM2 cycle). This one will be a guaranteed winner to the one who achieves the most net stolen bases (stolen bases minus caught stealing) as a team during this time frame for a team that wins at least 90 games.

I'll keep a tally of the leader right here in this box for easy reference.

Winner:
Quarantine: 1,135 net SB w/ 96 wins.
Honorable Mention:
Chargingryno: 1,135 net SB w/ 89 wins.
1/1/2021 5:28 PM (edited)
SimBaseball Bounty Four -- The One About Errors:

This bounty is -- like the one above -- a little different, it's not going to be awarded to the first to achieve something, but the one who reaches the highest score between now and the end of the year (with games ending on 12/31/20 PM2 cycle). This one will be a guaranteed winner to the one who achieves the most errors committed as a team during this time frame while still winning at least 90 games.

Winner:
Quarantine: 299 Errors with 96 wins
1/1/2021 5:28 PM (edited)
SimBaseball Bounty Five -- The One About the + Play:
For this bounty you will need to have your defense reach 250 "+" plays or more while winning at least 90 games. In going through the 212+ play thread, and the one linked within to the + play record tracking thread, it appeared that teams with more than 240 + plays mostly had losing records, but teams with less than 240 + plays seemed to win 95 plus games.

This bounty was inspired by the resurgence of the + play thread and conversations.

Winner:
tpistolas - 285 + plays with 101 wins.
1/1/2021 5:30 PM (edited)
SimBaseball Bounty Six -- HR Double Down:

The HR bounty still hasn't been approached in any meaningful way, so I wanted to double down on that bounty. These next two bounties will both approach the current and still active HR bounty individually, but in the same way as the SB and error bounties. This will be awarded to the one who reaches the highest score between now and the end of the year (with games ending on 6/30/21 PM2 cycle). This one will be a guaranteed winner to the one who achieves the most net HRs (Home Runs hit minus Home Runs allowed) as a team during this time frame for a team that wins at least 90 games.

Winner:
crazystengel: 406 (440 hit, 34 allowed), 94 wins
2/15/2022 9:03 PM (edited)
SimBaseball Bounty Seven -- HR Triple Down:

The HR bounty still hasn't been approached in any meaningful way, so I wanted to triple down on that bounty. These two bounties going live today will both approach the current and still active HR bounty individually, but in the same way as the SB and error bounties. This will be awarded to the one who reaches the highest score between now and the end of the year (with games ending on 6/30/21 PM2 cycle). This one will be a guaranteed winner to the one who achieves the most Home Runs (Home Runs hit plus Home Runs allowed) as a team during this time frame for a team that wins at least 90 games.

Winner:
Chargingryno: 600 HR (430 hit + 170 allowed), 95 Wins
8/2/2021 8:30 PM (edited)
SimBaseball Bounty Eight -- To Be Revealed At A Later Date:
5/1/2020 7:18 PM (edited)
Bounties Claimed:
Bounty 1 - Crazystengel: Ed Seward, 85 wins; FatDad: Ed Seward & Charlie Ferguson, 52 wins each; Boogerlips: Charlie Ferguson 81 wins
Bounty 2 - 31013: 800 HR with 91 wins
Bounty 3 - Quarantine: 1,135 net SB, 96 wins
Bounty 4 - Quarantine: 299 errors, 96 wins
Bounty 5 - tpistolas: 285 + plays with 101 wins.
Bounty 6 - crazystengel: 406 (440 hit, 34 allowed), 94 wins
Bounty 7 - chargingryno: 600 HR with 95 wins
Bounty 8 -
12/15/2022 3:43 PM (edited)
Reserved, in case
5/1/2020 7:20 PM
Fun stuff! I just drafted an OL team to take a run at Bounty #1.
5/2/2020 6:16 AM
I’ve got a head start on you crazy! 52 games into an OL and I have a 17-1 Ed Walsh and 16-5 Cy Young. Suggestion - to be eligible for Bounty #1, both pitchers need to have a minimum of 50 starts (or the one starter has 80 starts)...that way you can’t game the stats with them as the back halves of tandems. Or something along those lines...
5/2/2020 8:51 AM
Posted by tpistolas on 5/2/2020 8:51:00 AM (view original):
I’ve got a head start on you crazy! 52 games into an OL and I have a 17-1 Ed Walsh and 16-5 Cy Young. Suggestion - to be eligible for Bounty #1, both pitchers need to have a minimum of 50 starts (or the one starter has 80 starts)...that way you can’t game the stats with them as the back halves of tandems. Or something along those lines...
I had thought about that, but ultimately, it's still a very difficult challenge even with using guys in relief or in tandems. A team realistically has to win 100-110+ games and have the decisions line up right even for those scenarios. Not always an easy thing to do. I mean, I've only seen it happen twice for the two 50-game winners and the OL record is 78 for a reason. If it could just be done, it would've been done long before now.
5/2/2020 11:37 AM
Sounds cool.
5/2/2020 9:53 PM
1|2|3...16 Next ▸
SimBaseball Bounties - 3 Live, 2 NEW!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.