Divisional All-Stars (full) Topic

Pick one of the 6 NBA divisions and make a divisional all-time team using any players from the 5 franchises in your division. Players must be drafted in a year they played for one of the franchises in your division.
$53M cap. No clones. No rookies.

Which division had the best all-star talent over the years?
Atlantic.... Celtics, 76ers, Knicks, Nets, Raptors
Southeast... Heat, Magic, Hawks, Wizards, Hornets
Central... Bulls, Cavaliers, Pistons, Bucks, Pacers
Pacific.... Lakers, Warriors, Clippers, Suns, Kings
Southwest.... Spurs, Rockets, Mavericks, Pelicans, Grizzlies
Northwest... Jazz, Thunder, Timberwolves, Trailblazers, Nuggets

Historical franchises included, so the...
New Orleans Hornets became the New Orleans Pelicans which is currently in the Southwest Division.
New Orleans Hornets players are eligible to be drafted on an Southwest division team.

New Orleans Jazz became the Utah Jazz which is currently in the Northwest Division.
New Orleans Jazz players are eligible to be drafted on a Northwest division team.

For example, 1975-76 Walton played for the Trailblazers. The Trailblazers are currently in the Northwest Division, so 1976 Walton can only be drafted on a Northwest Division team (Even though the Trailblazers were in the Pacific division in the 1970s. We're drafting players from franchises based on CURRENT NBA divisions)
5/21/2020 7:50 PM (edited)
LEAGUE 64294
5/16/2020 8:06 PM
pexetera
johnmace
benhoidal
seapilots
dBKC
tcdahn7
coachcroft
midge
federal88
simpixut574
anteater21
greenies
beloud

6/1/2020 7:20 AM (edited)
Do partial seasons count?
count me in
5/17/2020 1:09 AM
I’m in.

are we only using players who were actual all stars? Or is that just a catchy name?

also, can we use teams that used to be in that division as long as the players picked played in that division during the season used? (Like can NO Hornets count for SW?)
5/17/2020 1:48 AM
Posted by dBKC on 5/17/2020 1:48:00 AM (view original):
I’m in.

are we only using players who were actual all stars? Or is that just a catchy name?

also, can we use teams that used to be in that division as long as the players picked played in that division during the season used? (Like can NO Hornets count for SW?)
You don't have to use players named to an actual all-star team if you don't want to. You're building your all-time team from that division.

Historical franchises included, so the...
New Orleans Hornets became the New Orleans Pelicans which is currently in the Southwest Division.
New Orleans Hornets players are eligible to be drafted on an Southwest division team.

New Orleans Jazz became the Utah Jazz which is currently in the Northwest Division.
New Orleans Jazz players are eligible to be drafted on a Northwest division team.
5/17/2020 5:52 AM (edited)
Posted by seapilots on 5/17/2020 1:09:00 AM (view original):
Do partial seasons count?
count me in
Partial seasons allowed. As long as they played any minutes for a franchise in your division in the year you draft that player. Makes it easier to check the teams.

So you can draft $6M 07-08 Shawn Marion who played a partial year for the Heat on a Southeast team.
You can also draft $6M 07-08 Shawn Marion who played a partial year for the Suns on a Pacific team.
You can't draft $9M 02-03 Shawn Marion who played for the Suns that year for a Southeast team, but you can draft him for a Pacific team.
5/21/2020 11:36 AM (edited)
I'm In. I'm doing a 2nd too.
5/20/2020 5:03 PM
welcome, we have teams entered representing all 6 divisions.
5/21/2020 6:55 AM
I'm in pex......sounds interesting
5/21/2020 10:41 AM
welcome coach, nice to have some of the old guard
5/21/2020 8:40 PM
half full... you can choose any division you want. pacific does seem to be the most popular choice so far, but all divisions are represented.
5/25/2020 10:23 AM
10 open spots. so far we have 2 Central, 2 Southwest, 2 Northwest, 1 Southeast, 2 Atlantic, and 5 Pacific teams.
6/1/2020 7:19 AM
only need 1 more... so far we have 3 Southwest, 4 Northwest, 3 Central, 4 Southeast, 3 Atlantic, and 6 Pacific teams
6/5/2020 2:52 AM
Thought I got the last spot, but your full. Good luck / maybe next time...
6/5/2020 9:57 AM
12 Next ▸
Divisional All-Stars (full) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.