Savage Draft Tournament (Full) Topic

Who's up for a draft league challenge? Think you're one of the best owners in the SIM? Time to prove it.

From one single draft you will have to create 5 teams using 5 different seasons from your players. You're not just building 1 draft team, you're building 5...at the same time!

Example: If I draft Wilt Chamberlain, I can only use 66-67 for one team. The other 4 teams must have 4 different Wilt Chamberlain seasons on them.

- 12 round draft
- ABBABABABABA(Snake draft except the 3rd round starts with #24)
- Wilt, Lebron, and Curry are banned
- No salary cap
- No waiver wire or rookies
- Draft order will be determined by NY lottery quick draw
- No trades. However, you can trade draft positions after the draft order comes out.
- Divisions for all 5 teams will not be random(TBD on how that will be done, but it will be fairer than random divisions)
- If you draft a player that has less than 5 seasons, you must put that player on rest for whatever team is using the missing seasons. Example: If I draft Charlie Edge, 73-74 will be on one team, 74-75 will be on another, and I will have him on rest for the other 3 teams.

All 5 leagues will run simultaneously.

Each regular season win will count as 1 point. Each playoff win will count as 1 point. 1st round byes will count as 4 points. The winner of each league will receive an additional 4 points.

The owner with the most combined points from all 5 leagues will be crowned champion.

The champion will receive $50 from me. I'm also going to contact admin and see if they will add to the prize pool.

Experienced owners only please.

Sooooo...think you've got the stones for it? Sign up below and let's see who comes out on top.
5/19/2020 8:12 PM (edited)
Savage Owners

1. dh555
2. bds9992
3. benhoidal
4. jhsukow
5. ashamael
6. ysw128
7. dbkc
8. pharrop
9. robusk
10. mptrey
11. 24kyprite
12. pexetera
13. jcred5
14. 20ks
15. seapilots
16. tarheel1991
17. gerryred
18. samuelyork93
19. dskantor
20. goetz93
21. kinoa1
22. amerk1180
23. copernicus
5/21/2020 2:32 PM (edited)
Put me in, coach.
5/19/2020 6:45 PM
Yup
5/19/2020 6:51 PM
i knew neither of you would be scared....welcome to the tourney
5/19/2020 6:59 PM
Wow. Lets go.
5/19/2020 7:32 PM
I love this idea so much. Not sure I have the time or energy to devote to doing this right, and I sure as hell don't think I'm the best owner in the sim anymore, but I don't think I've read a classified for a league/concept in 10 years that I've liked more...

Question for clarification when you have a player with less than 5 seasons: Using your Charlie Edge example, the other three teams basically have 11 players, right? You still have Edge (doesn't matter which one) on the roster but is essentially inactive, correct?

Not sure I like the banning of those three players, but I guess they are obviously head & shoulders above everyone else so maybe I do actually like it.

Another question: I'm assuming no trades even though I don't see anything about it. With this as the first-of-its-kind sort of league, I don't see how anybody could possibly accurately judge the value of picks. So trades or no trades?
5/19/2020 7:36 PM
Posted by ashamael on 5/19/2020 7:36:00 PM (view original):
I love this idea so much. Not sure I have the time or energy to devote to doing this right, and I sure as hell don't think I'm the best owner in the sim anymore, but I don't think I've read a classified for a league/concept in 10 years that I've liked more...

Question for clarification when you have a player with less than 5 seasons: Using your Charlie Edge example, the other three teams basically have 11 players, right? You still have Edge (doesn't matter which one) on the roster but is essentially inactive, correct?

Not sure I like the banning of those three players, but I guess they are obviously head & shoulders above everyone else so maybe I do actually like it.

Another question: I'm assuming no trades even though I don't see anything about it. With this as the first-of-its-kind sort of league, I don't see how anybody could possibly accurately judge the value of picks. So trades or no trades?
yesssss...take the plunge ash...the draft will be on 24hr skip rule and with all the new and different things to think about between picks I don't think owners will be rushing through this draft

correct about the 11 players thing...edge would have to be set on rest for the entire season

forgot to mention that....no trades...though i will allow the trading of draft positions after the draft order comes out
5/19/2020 8:02 PM
Excellent! In that case, I'll jump in. Let's see if I can muster up some wins in a competitive league.
5/19/2020 8:05 PM
Posted by jhsukow on 5/19/2020 7:32:00 PM (view original):
Wow. Lets go.
a draft league staple.....id be shocked if you didnt join
5/19/2020 8:06 PM
Posted by ashamael on 5/19/2020 8:05:00 PM (view original):
Excellent! In that case, I'll jump in. Let's see if I can muster up some wins in a competitive league.
yessssir
5/19/2020 8:07 PM
ill try
5/19/2020 8:09 PM
I’m in
5/19/2020 8:11 PM
When I first read the premise I was 100% in. However, the lack of a salary cap is too big of a turn off for me. Other than that, I think it is a flawless premise. I just hate high caps / no caps with a passion. My personal opinion is that when a cap is raised to the point that every team can be stocked with plenty of quality resources, that you lessen the influence an owner can have on the outcome and you increase the impact of variance. A draft alone is not enough to offset this, and I would cite observations I have made in some high cap leagues I have been in as my evidence.

Thanks for the invite though dh555. It is really cool and I think it will be fun for a lot of users. I have tremendous fondness for you and the owners already signing up. But I just don't think I can deal with the above.
5/19/2020 8:15 PM
Posted by ysw128 on 5/19/2020 8:09:00 PM (view original):
ill try
were off to a good start here....welcome ysw...i bet your boy would look pretty good in this league...hes got 5 similar heavy min seasons
5/19/2020 8:16 PM
1|2|3...9 Next ▸
Savage Draft Tournament (Full) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.