Savage Draft Tournament (Full) Topic

Think I'm happy with 7, but we'll see. I'm waiting to see where dudes with 2-3 great seasons and not much else go. Go all-in for 3 of your seasons, or get consistency across all 5?
5/21/2020 7:48 PM
Posted by dBKC on 5/21/2020 7:08:00 PM (view original):
Results:

1. DH555
2. Copernicus
3. BDS9992
4. Kinoa1
5. 24kyprite
6. Tarheel1991
7. Jpevans31
8. samuelyork93
9. ashamael
10. dskantor
11. Pexetera
12. dBKC
13. Ysw128
14. pharrop
15. jhuskow
16. amerk1180
17. mptrey
18. 20ks
19. jcred5
20. Goetz93
21. Seapilots
22. Robusk
23. Gerryred
24. Benhoidal

feel free to check my work using the post a few comments up.
Looks like DH set up the draft in the theme leagues forum. Let’s move the party over there. I might be down to trade draft slots. I honestly have no f’n clue where I’d want to pick from in this format.
5/21/2020 7:53 PM
Posted by tarheel1991 on 5/21/2020 4:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by robusk on 5/21/2020 11:40:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tarheel1991 on 5/21/2020 8:06:00 AM (view original):
Is that a lot or a little?
In a 288 player draft? Seems real low to me.
Ha well I didn't know exactly what you meant by "excited." But even with a great group of owners, I bet you that list of 120ish will be enough to get you through round 8 or so, depending on fit, because others will pick guys not on the list. Then you can fill out the teams with guys you're less excited about. It's part of the fun; by necessity we'll see a lot of guys out of the usual draft league rotation.

I have a question - what would be the difference, in this context, between a guy you'd be excited to use in a capped league but not an uncapped league? I get the general desire to not have uncapped leagues. I love the challenge of a lower cap to make you be efficient with money (see - the ODL). But lack of a cap is less of a concern in draft leagues, as opposed to open-build leagues, because you don't have unlimited access to stars and you still have to get the best 19600 minutes on the floor; it doesn't help you to have 5000 more minutes worth of players sitting on the bench. And is this format - where you get 12 total players to build 5 teams? I really don't see how not having a cap will make it any easier. It's going to be super difficult to have more than two, maybe three perfectly constructed teams. The fun will be in building the third, fourth, and fifth teams.

I mean, come on - I've got you comfortably in the top 3-4 favorites group regardless of how we do it ;)
Well, we are live now so I can't cite you specific examples. But there are lots of players I can think of who are good specifically because they are fine at everything for their position without being stellar, but they have an extremely low $/min number that makes them very valuable given their lack of glaring flaws in a constrained cap league. That isn't an issue here.

And no way I am in the top 3-4. By my count there are only like 6 fish in this league. There are at least 18 owners that have an extremely good shot at winning, you being one of them.
5/21/2020 10:27 PM
Posted by ashamael on 5/21/2020 4:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tarheel1991 on 5/21/2020 4:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ashamael on 5/21/2020 4:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by pexetera on 5/21/2020 2:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by kinoa1 on 5/21/2020 2:10:00 PM (view original):
Hey DH ... I was able to get my kinoa1 account reinstated. Thank you WIS. So if it's possible I'd like to compete with this handle instead of Kona1, if that's ok. Thanks!
why ruin a perfectly good record?
Jesus. I knew he was good, but 30 ships in 59 seasons is crazy. I don't think I ever had a less than 2:1 ratio at any point once I got past like 10 rings. I was really proud of my 3:1 ratio (which is obviously in the past) but that's just absolutely nuts.
Well, yeah, but only a little over 4000 wins. That's nothing compared to some of us!
Perspective! haha... Progs have killed my ratio, but I love them so much more than anything else on this site that I quit caring years ago... until I saw Kinoa's record, anyway!
Yeah same boat. I every so often check out an open league and then come running back to progs... and now I am getting burnt on those.
5/21/2020 10:28 PM
Posted by ashamael on 5/21/2020 4:57:00 PM (view original):
yeah, man... I feel like Brad's gotta be here.
If there is no brad and no tau, this league is incomeplete imo.
5/21/2020 10:29 PM
Posted by dh555 on 5/21/2020 5:07:00 PM (view original):
we do need someone smarter then me to figure out these divisions....i figure with 5 leagues and 25 division opponents, we could set it up so everyone has every opponent in their division at least once and two owners twice

is that possible?
I did some napkin math on this and you can't get the play count fully balanced... but over the course of 5 seasons you should be able to get it to where every owner plays every other owner between 19 and 23 times in the regular season.

I could probably make something that spit out the division based on the output of a randomized list (which someone could submit to one of these sites) that was as closed to balanced as possible.
5/21/2020 10:54 PM (edited)
Posted by dBKC on 5/21/2020 7:08:00 PM (view original):
Results:

1. DH555
2. Copernicus
3. BDS9992
4. Kinoa1
5. 24kyprite
6. Tarheel1991
7. Jpevans31
8. samuelyork93
9. ashamael
10. dskantor
11. Pexetera
12. dBKC
13. Ysw128
14. pharrop
15. jhuskow
16. amerk1180
17. mptrey
18. 20ks
19. jcred5
20. Goetz93
21. Seapilots
22. Robusk
23. Gerryred
24. Benhoidal

feel free to check my work using the post a few comments up.
Boooooo. It was rigged.
5/21/2020 10:37 PM
Posted by robusk on 5/21/2020 10:27:00 PM (view original):
Ha well I didn't know exactly what you meant by "excited." But even with a great group of owners, I bet you that list of 120ish will be enough to get you through round 8 or so, depending on fit, because others will pick guys not on the list. Then you can fill out the teams with guys you're less excited about. It's part of the fun; by necessity we'll see a lot of guys out of the usual draft league rotation.

I have a question - what would be the difference, in this context, between a guy you'd be excited to use in a capped league but not an uncapped league? I get the general desire to not have uncapped leagues. I love the challenge of a lower cap to make you be efficient with money (see - the ODL). But lack of a cap is less of a concern in draft leagues, as opposed to open-build leagues, because you don't have unlimited access to stars and you still have to get the best 19600 minutes on the floor; it doesn't help you to have 5000 more minutes worth of players sitting on the bench. And is this format - where you get 12 total players to build 5 teams? I really don't see how not having a cap will make it any easier. It's going to be super difficult to have more than two, maybe three perfectly constructed teams. The fun will be in building the third, fourth, and fifth teams.

I mean, come on - I've got you comfortably in the top 3-4 favorites group regardless of how we do it ;)
Well, we are live now so I can't cite you specific examples. But there are lots of players I can think of who are good specifically because they are fine at everything for their position without being stellar, but they have an extremely low $/min number that makes them very valuable given their lack of glaring flaws in a constrained cap league. That isn't an issue here.

And no way I am in the top 3-4. By my count there are only like 6 fish in this league. There are at least 18 owners that have an extremely good shot at winning, you being one of them.
Gotcha.

18 of us can't have an "extremely good" shot at winning ;)
5/21/2020 10:46 PM
Posted by tarheel1991 on 5/21/2020 10:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by robusk on 5/21/2020 10:27:00 PM (view original):

Gotcha.

18 of us can't have an "extremely good" shot at winning ;)
You are right, I recounted. Maybe I would restate to 10. But really, kinoa is going to win.
5/21/2020 11:50 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9
Savage Draft Tournament (Full) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.