The Radical Left Elected Trump Topic

Posted by all3 on 5/22/2020 9:31:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Uofa2 on 5/21/2020 8:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/21/2020 7:55:00 PM (view original):
I think that Bernie could have beaten Trump in 2016. I think a lot of candidates could have beaten Trump in 2016. If Biden had ran, he would have won. Trump won in part because Clinton was a historically unpopular candidate.

He's a whole lot stronger this year, so Democrats blew an easy win by nominating Clinton. But as you said, that's on the moderates.
I can’t help but disagree that the guy who epically messed up and continues to mess up the coronavirus response while cratering the economy is “much stronger.”
The CDC (the only source I remotely trust for virus info) changed their stance on this virus after (at least) 4 months of detailed study, but the POTUS should have known better back then. Do you realize how freakin' dumb you sound? You're no different than rp or bronx: just hatred after hatred after hatred, with some divisiveness tossed-in for good measure. That's a "great" way to help America and Americans - or so today's Dems/Libs certainly appear to think.
You are so full of **** I think you’re a septic tank. You get hatred because you BREED it. You license a literal lie machine and parrot every bullshit party line defense of the most epic failure of leadership in history. Please change your diaper you pathetic child.
5/22/2020 12:41 PM
Posted by Guitarguy567 on 5/21/2020 4:06:00 PM (view original):
Hear me out because I actually believe this to be true. The radical left created the cultural environment that allowed someone like Trump to have a viable path to the presidency and ultimately actually win it.

After 4 years of Trump (not to mention the other craziness of the 2020 year) it is easy to forget the cultural landscape of 2015-2016. It was this landscape which produced the Trump phenomenon. Free speech stifled on the Missouri Campus, protesters on college campuses railing against the most minor offenses asking for outlandish punishments (either institutionally or culturally applied). I live in a liberal city and am in a liberal field of work. By 2015, in everyday conversation white straight male became a pejorative. This barely scrapes the surface of the tensions wrought by 2014 (gamergate anyone), 2015, and 2016. The radical left had taken over and were intent on shaming anyone who thought differently than them.

This is general. This is a brief overview. Trump does not impress me. But he is the left's creation, not the right's. I was so disgusted about what the left had become that I left the Democratic party in 2015 (I was a lifelong Democrat) and vowed never to vote for another of their candidates again. It was a vow made in anger. It was more emotional than logical. I didn't vote in 2016. I probably won't vote in 2020. But it is that emotion that spurred my decision that turned so many others (I believe) from the increasingly extreme left.

That's how I see it at least.
RIGHT ON BROTHER! I didn't want Trump. I actually still partially believed the fake media once in awhile back then.

Then I saw Trump work the room. Then I saw him back what he said. He's the real deal. A businessman in Washington.

That's how the majority of America sees it at least.
5/22/2020 2:48 PM
DUMBout...“That's how the majority of America sees it at least.”

The “majority of America” didn’t even ELECT him you ignorant sycophant.
5/22/2020 3:02 PM
Posted by rsp777 on 5/22/2020 3:02:00 PM (view original):
DUMBout...“That's how the majority of America sees it at least.”

The “majority of America” didn’t even ELECT him you ignorant sycophant.
True. New York and California. We live in a Republic. Try and keep up. Thanks.
5/22/2020 3:09 PM
Hilarious how the Trump-haters keep pointing-out how something he wanted changed but those haters cried and cried, resulted in him being POTUS. The irony is unbeatable.
5/22/2020 7:06 PM
what are you talking about? the electoral college? Who mentioned that?
5/22/2020 7:31 PM
Posted by tangplay on 5/22/2020 12:40:00 AM (view original):
I don't know about that. Trump was historically unpopular, but Clinton was as well. Sanders was never going to be as unpopular as Clinton, especially if the DNC embraced him as the candidate.
It's impossible to debate something that never happened but Sanders was (and still is) unelectable. He served a purpose and, now that his job is done, he can retire and let the next generation take over the crusade.
5/22/2020 7:40 PM
Posted by usf_bulls on 5/22/2020 7:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 5/22/2020 12:40:00 AM (view original):
I don't know about that. Trump was historically unpopular, but Clinton was as well. Sanders was never going to be as unpopular as Clinton, especially if the DNC embraced him as the candidate.
It's impossible to debate something that never happened but Sanders was (and still is) unelectable. He served a purpose and, now that his job is done, he can retire and let the next generation take over the crusade.
Yeah, it’s pretty clear he has a ceiling. He shouldn’t have ran this year and played kingmaker instead.
5/22/2020 8:19 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 5/22/2020 7:31:00 PM (view original):
Trump wanted the electoral college changed?
5/22/2020 8:20 PM
Posted by Uofa2 on 5/22/2020 8:20:00 PM (view original):
I don't know. I was trying to figure out what the hell all3 was talking about.
5/22/2020 11:52 PM
Read Doug's repost of rsp's crying about Trump winning with less than a majority.
That's the same as crying about the EC, which we all know Trump did want changed, but the Dems of course hated since he wanted it, then it came back to bite them in the *ss.
Truly better irony than anyone could ever make-up.
Thought the Dems might learn from that, but it only set them off on their 4 (or 8) years of trying to defame our President instead of giving any effort at all to work with him.
Trump's lies and other actions may embarrass some of you (and are wrong), but they (IMO) are nowhere near the sheit the Dems have been doing.
5/23/2020 8:49 AM
lol
5/23/2020 8:51 AM
YOU JUST DID
5/23/2020 2:47 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 5/22/2020 11:52:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Uofa2 on 5/22/2020 8:20:00 PM (view original):
I don't know. I was trying to figure out what the hell all3 was talking about.
o
5/23/2020 2:48 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 5/22/2020 12:31:00 PM (view original):
as usual. someone disagrees with all3, they are dumb and hate Trump. How does it help America when you and your ilk call anyone who disagrees with you an idiot and a liar?
I was unaware all3 was doing this to everyone, and ALL the other posters were nuns without words.

It's good to know NOBODY says anything bad about TRUMP. I'm sorry. I didn't know. THANKS!
5/23/2020 2:57 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
The Radical Left Elected Trump Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.