ODL 76 Discussion Topic

Good thoughts robusk. Re: Outlaw - I have my whole team built in the draft center and he was the guy that looked most likely to be picked, followed by Ed Davis. I tried to trade down from both my 3rd and 4th because to delay taking those guys, but had to take somebody.

Re: overpaying for usage - my starting lineup has around 108% usage, which I think is perfectly fine. A touch high, but the backup to Harden/Wade will have less usage so I need to be able to stay over 100% in my other lineups as well. Some might actually be a touch under.

But in the end I know this is a silly/crazy thing to do. Just trying to have some fun. Would have been more fun if I could have traded up to nab Kyrie as the backup guard.
6/3/2020 9:23 AM
I’m not sure if I’m supposed to explain myself, but here goes:

I’m using 05-06 Garnett. 02-03 is also on my do not draft list. It was a special opportunity to pair him with Dwight, one I did not have.
6/3/2020 12:34 PM
So, yes I know Kyle O'Quinn was an early pick, however, he came up in my searches for 2 positions and I expect he would have been selected in the next 60 players. This just gives me time to analyze and research whom to make Steph's running mate. What else could I be doing?
6/3/2020 5:13 PM
cp3/manu/gwall/zo/camby

got a nasty defensive squad going here with enough cash left(for once!) to build a decent bench...pretty good offense too...boards are pretty weak tho...05-06 gwall is probably the most destructive defensive force in the game but he doesnt really board well enough to cover for zo's lack of boards
6/3/2020 6:45 PM
Now that he got drafted, I can say what I really wanted to do was a David Robinson, Amare and one of the couple of dudes who are great rebounders and defenders who are 99% at SF as my front line. But I chickened out on waiting around that long for guards.
6/3/2020 11:34 PM
Of the players I drafted, I have historically drafted: Robinson never, Bogut once, M Williams once, J Holiday once, Conley twice, and T Evans once. And YET, somehow I feel like I had this exact team 100 times.
6/4/2020 10:57 AM
Posted by robusk on 6/4/2020 10:57:00 AM (view original):
Of the players I drafted, I have historically drafted: Robinson never, Bogut once, M Williams once, J Holiday once, Conley twice, and T Evans once. And YET, somehow I feel like I had this exact team 100 times.
Well that's the funny thing about having a great winning formula. It tends to be kind of . . . formulaic.
6/4/2020 11:18 AM
Posted by tarheel1991 on 6/4/2020 11:18:00 AM (view original):
Posted by robusk on 6/4/2020 10:57:00 AM (view original):
Well that's the funny thing about having a great winning formula. It tends to be kind of . . . formulaic.
I mean, yes that is true. Although my "formula" is nothing more than: have enough usage, rebounding and assists while minimizing deficiencies and spending money efficiently. I don't think it is especially scientific.
6/4/2020 12:09 PM
I know, I was just messing with you ;)
6/4/2020 3:09 PM
Hope I didn't sink this team with Mookie...
positives: defense, ball security, 3PA, can complement Kyrie
negatives: will shoot me out of 20 games by himself!
6/4/2020 3:19 PM
Nah, Mookie was a great pick. Can't believe he was still there. I think he's a late 2nd/early 3rd guy at this cap.
6/4/2020 3:33 PM
Posted by mikee1 on 6/4/2020 3:19:00 PM (view original):
Couldn't do that without ball security!
6/4/2020 3:36 PM
it seems like it's been a week since I made my 4th round pick.

To be fair, though, it's felt like it's been 6 years since 2020 started.
6/4/2020 3:37 PM
Posted by thomcat on 6/4/2020 3:36:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mikee1 on 6/4/2020 3:19:00 PM (view original):
Couldn't do that without ball security!
No ball security, no job security!
6/4/2020 6:58 PM
No bail security either
6/4/2020 7:00 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...11 Next ▸
ODL 76 Discussion Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.