3rd Down Struggles...argh! Topic

Greetings, n00b here...having big troubles on 3rd down and looking for advice. Game 1 I was 0/17, now thru first half of Game 2 I'm 1/8 (hey, progress!)....when I set playbook for 3rd downs, I don't know whether these will be 3rd-and-long or 3rd-and-short so don't know what settings to use. Does the game know to use an inside run play (perhaps) for 3rd-and-short, and a deep pass for 3rd-and-15?

What settings do you use in your playbook for success on 3rd down? Thanks!!!
5/29/2020 11:03 AM
At DIII since you cant set it per distance to go, you have to approach it universally which can be extremely frustrating. So 3rd and long will be approached the same as 3rd and short at DIII.
5/29/2020 11:07 AM
Move up to d2 next season.
5/29/2020 11:17 AM
ok...sounds like I'm not missing anything, just a "feature" of the game at the D3 level...thanks for the thoughts!
5/29/2020 4:13 PM
Posted by hookemhorns7 on 5/29/2020 11:07:00 AM (view original):
At DIII since you cant set it per distance to go, you have to approach it universally which can be extremely frustrating. So 3rd and long will be approached the same as 3rd and short at DIII.
I played GD a while ago and this must be a new feature of GD 3.1 to promote filling the higher divisions ?
5/29/2020 6:31 PM
3rd Down Struggles...argh! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.