I love GD but I call Bullshit Topic

There is no way in hell that I shouldn't have kicked this field-goal I don't care if he missed 8 in a row there is no way we should not have attempted this.

https://www.whatifsports.com/gd/GameResults/BoxScore.aspx?gid=7880486
6/1/2020 6:00 PM
There were still 20 seconds left and 1st down. I'm guessing the SIM logic was thinking that you could still run one outside run or pass play and get out of bounds. Or take one shot with a pass into the end zone. But then you ran inside. I think you need to look at your own game planning and playbook in that situation. I have a special time-saving offense that I use at the end of games if I am behind.
6/1/2020 6:58 PM (edited)
I think KAS is referring to UW's second to last drive where they attempted a 51 Yard FG. Im trying to figure out why your squad called a time out with just under 6 min left?!?!?!? I think this played a role too. End of game logic is tough. I see the logic in a 51 yard FG with 1 TO left. I also see the logic in punting on 4th down keeping your remaining 2 TOs. I assume your Max FG is less than 51 yards? Its got to be an end of game algorithm that thought your best shot was a 51 yard attempt. suck though...
6/1/2020 8:12 PM
I can’t see why you didn’t kick a game tying field goal with 20 sec left...no timeouts.....in the red zone....

No idea.
6/1/2020 8:35 PM
GD has been talking to Les Miles about end of game clock management.
6/2/2020 10:37 AM
Very strange .. tough way to lose
6/3/2020 5:38 PM
I love GD but I call Bullshit Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.