50 Open Scholarships - Roxkne D2 Topic

How do you combat somebody with 50 open scholarships... I built my recruiting class and it was pretty good and someone with 50 open scholarships came in during the 3rd or 4th period and just decimated my green guys - All prospective 4 and 5 star guys
6/2/2020 7:43 AM
"my green guys" - ya gotta take the emotion out of it. Sad reality, they're everyone's recruits til they sign. Tough pill to swallow but it happens. But it sounds like Morehouse's open spots surprised you. Knowing who needs what will help you develop your recruiting plan, especially someone that close to you. He has 300K to recruit DII so he can pretty much pick and choose so unless you're willing to battle for guys closer to you than they are to him, ya might need to just sit back and take the leftovers and call this year's recruiting season a scrapheap - unfortunately.
6/2/2020 10:00 AM
My questioning comes more in the form of how do you get to a point of having 50 Open
6/2/2020 10:14 AM
Posted by majique on 6/2/2020 10:01:00 AM (view original):
"my green guys" - ya gotta take the emotion out of it. Sad reality, they're everyone's recruits til they sign. Tough pill to swallow but it happens. But it sounds like Morehouse's open spots surprised you. Knowing who needs what will help you develop your recruiting plan, especially someone that close to you. He has 300K to recruit DII so he can pretty much pick and choose so unless you're willing to battle for guys closer to you than they are to him, ya might need to just sit back and take the leftovers and call this year's recruiting season a scrapheap - unfortunately.
Yep. It's within the rules of the game. There are pros and cons to the approach. It is definitely a great experiment. You'd really have to know what you're doing for it to be successful.

As far as how it happens...seasons and seasons of selective redshirting and cutting. It's a massive project that takes a lot of patience to undertake.
6/2/2020 10:19 AM
Use red shirts and cuts to get all your players in one class. Most coaches use red shirts and cuts to get balanced classes, or to have back to back 25 classes, but every now and then you will see a high 40 or 50 class size.
6/2/2020 10:21 AM
I hate going against those huge classes myself. That's one of those reasons I got out of Rockne. For a while I thought about "taking" Morehouse. But I really hate those huge classes even as the recruiting team.
That being said, I have recruited against that juggernaught. It can be done.
I was not thrilled with my class but I thought I helped my team a lot.
So I say , it can be done. And he only has that power once ever 4 seasons.
6/2/2020 12:20 PM (edited)
Mojo,

I think I am taking over North Alabama from you.... Appreciate the roster you left me with

Best of luck to you in your other worlds
6/2/2020 12:46 PM
I left that team with a pretty good shot at NC Johnalan . Best of Luck to putting it over the top.
You know if I just would stay at one team long enough I would probably have more NC's . I get restless, move on, then see another team I want and start again. :)
6/2/2020 2:23 PM
I just took over at Butler in Rockne, and I am recruiting 23 for my first season. I took them for the conference full of humans and the recruiting cash that comes with it!
It was a bonus to need 23; however, I'm about to make some enemies with 170K to go after red recruits and defend my greens!
6/2/2020 6:47 PM
I like having 1 class of 20-24, 1 class of 6-8, and 2 classes of 10-12, with my 6-8 class following my 20-24. With my big class, I don't mind taking on 2 sim recruits. I can just dump them at the end of the season and add them to my small class.
6/2/2020 7:12 PM
The good news for those of us in Morehouse's conference is that they'll have a roster of 50 freshmen this season.

Previous coach bailed after the entire roster played their senior season. I guess he didn't want to recruit 50 guys at once and then suck.

If you wanted to set up your classes this way, I think it would be better to have classes of 25-0-25-0 so that half your roster would be sophomores when the other half is seniors. You might be good every year. Last year's Morehouse had a bunch of ticked off seniors on the bench with WEs nosediving (probably already in their junior years)
6/3/2020 2:30 AM
UPDATE: Morehouse signed 49 guys at 12:01 today
6/3/2020 12:26 PM
50 Open Scholarships - Roxkne D2 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.