Savage Draft League Predictions Topic

Thought it would fun to have a separate thread where we can make some predictions for what will happen in the league. I think people can predict whatever they want, but here are some ones everyone can do for fun:
  1. What will be the winning total win score for the owner who wins?
  2. What will be the lowest total win score?
  3. What will be the highest number of wins any team has in a single season?
  4. Will any player win multiple MVPs? If so, who?
  5. Who will make the most all-star teams, and how many will they make?
  6. Which owner will take home the crown?
6/11/2020 12:56 PM
My predictions:
  1. 287
  2. 155
  3. 66
  4. Yes, Kareem
  5. MJ, Shaq, and Kareem all make 5
  6. kinoa1
6/11/2020 12:58 PM
  1. What will be the winning total win score for the owner who wins? 295
  2. What will be the lowest total win score? 150
  3. What will be the highest number of wins any team has in a single season? 59
  4. Will any player win multiple MVPs? If so, who? Yes, Kareem
  5. Who will make the most all-star teams, and how many will they make? Jordan, Shaq, Kareem, K. Malone, J. Erving, A. Gilmore make at least four
  6. Which owner will take home the crown? kinoa1
6/11/2020 1:28 PM
Posted by tarheel1991 on 6/11/2020 12:56:00 PM (view original):
Thought it would fun to have a separate thread where we can make some predictions for what will happen in the league. I think people can predict whatever they want, but here are some ones everyone can do for fun:
  1. What will be the winning total win score for the owner who wins?
  2. What will be the lowest total win score?
  3. What will be the highest number of wins any team has in a single season?
  4. Will any player win multiple MVPs? If so, who?
  5. Who will make the most all-star teams, and how many will they make?
  6. Which owner will take home the crown?
1. 292
2. 134
3. 58
4. Yeah. Kareem.
5. Several guys will probably make all 5.
6. DH has the scariest core to me. I think Kinoa has the scariest ceiling/picked the best players - and I've got mad respect for his game - but I like dh's teams more. Ben's teams aren't normally what I would pick to top out, but because it's Ben, I have to put them in the convo. I thought ysw had an incredible draft and make great pick after great pick (though I hate the Dantley pick). Robusk has among the cleanest teams but honestly has the most players unfamiliar to me. jpevans got incredible value and almost built a team that I would have built in a similar position (I don't usually take guards that don't shoot 3s, no matter how good Moncrief is at other stuff). I like my chances, but I think it's either dh or kinoa, and you can only pick one, so I'll go my boy DH.
6/11/2020 8:33 PM
1) 271
2) 167
3) 62
4) Kareem
5) Atleast 6, Ewing is the wildcard
6) dh555
6/11/2020 9:35 PM
1) 268
2) 115
3) 55
4) No
5) MJ, Karl, Kareem, Dr. J, Shaq, KD will make at least three each
6) robusk
6/11/2020 9:51 PM
1. 277
2. 172
3. ill say 57 for kinoa's 99-00 shaq team
4. i dont think anyone will...too many good candidates that can win it...kareem, shaq, jordan, both malones, hakeem, oscar, drob, gilmore, cp3(08-09), wade(08-09), kg, harden, durant, barkley, dwight, bird, duncan...none of them would really surprise me
5. jordan seems like a lock to make all 5...ill say harden and oscar too...frontcourt is gonna be tough tho...i think 02-03 will stop shaq and 76-77 will stop kareem...maybe hakeem or the malones?
6. well shiiieeetttt...why wouldnt i pick myself after ash hyped me up like that and then 24k picks me as well? ill tell you why...because the sim gods punish such arrogance...we all know its gonna be kinoa or ben
6/11/2020 10:00 PM
  1. What will be the winning total win score for the owner who wins? 282. Without looking at all the teams, there's so many great owners with good teams I think no one wins two titles and the winner wins a title loses another and then has a couple playoff teams
  2. What will be the lowest total win score?169
  3. What will be the highest number of wins any team has in a single season? 60
  4. Will any player win multiple MVPs? If so, who? no
  5. Who will make the most all-star teams, and how many will they make? Jordan and Kareem 4
  6. Which owner will take home the crown? I like a lot of these teams and there's not many I don't like. 24, gerry, amerk, mptrey all have nice teams. I like my team I think. But I'll go DH b/c of Kareem. I thought Kareem and Shaq were they guys. So many high efg and minute seasons is a big advantage. DH did a better job with the roster than kinoa.
6/12/2020 9:01 AM
Looking back, we have most of these answers after the regular season:
  1. What will be the winning total win score for the owner who wins? pexetera is already at 284 going into the playoffs and appears a near-lock to pass 300; kinoa would likely have to pass 300 to beat him. We all undershot this, robusk likely will be closest. Less parity in the overall etandings than I expected.
  2. What will be the lowest total win score? amerk with a shocking 125; no one else lower than 160. Ash's guess of 134 narrowly edges bds's guess of 115 (interestingly bds guessed the lowest number for both the best and worst point totals)
  3. What will be the highest number of wins any team has in a single season? benhoidal with 64 in league 3. I guessed 66 and 24kpyrite guess 62, so we split honors.
  4. Will any player win multiple MVPs? If so, who? Kareem won 3. Several of us called that. In the other two, Hakeem and Dr. J won (though was it really a three-way tie?)
  5. Who will make the most all-star teams, and how many will they make? As most of us expected, several guys did.
  6. Which owner will take home the crown? Looks like it's a two-horse race between pexetera and kinoa. The latter, several of us expected; but no one saw pexetera's dominant showing. Can he finish it off with the overall crown?
7/22/2020 3:44 PM
I think pex goes home early in almost every league due to good owners being able to adjust and exploit his teams' weaknesses in a 7-game series. I think Kinoa or Ben gets it.

[edit to say: I've obviously been wrong before]
7/22/2020 11:16 PM
Posted by ashamael on 7/22/2020 11:17:00 PM (view original):
I think pex goes home early in almost every league due to good owners being able to adjust and exploit his teams' weaknesses in a 7-game series. I think Kinoa or Ben gets it.

[edit to say: I've obviously been wrong before]
Even if pexetera makes zero finals, I would have to win 2 more championships than kinoa1. Even then, I still might be lower in points than him depending on how many of his teams make the finals. This is a two owner race.
7/22/2020 11:35 PM
Savage Draft League Predictions Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.