WHAT IF i told you... Topic

Posted by copernicus on 6/15/2020 5:55:00 PM (view original):
Lafayette was a beast back in the day - used to use him all the time, in fact he might have been referring one of my a certain hominid's basic builds
There were points in the Savage Draft when I considered drafting Lafayette, couldn't bring myself to take the efg hit
6/15/2020 11:30 PM
Posted by benhoidal on 6/13/2020 9:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bds9992 on 6/13/2020 9:20:00 PM (view original):
(Steph Curry is in an empty gym shooting 3s. In the background, quotes from his pre-draft analysis are heard. “I think the Knicks are going to take him 9th because Mike D’Antoni likes offense and doesn’t really care about defense” or whatever the hell Jalen said in ‘09. “Curry is number one on my draft board!” - Skip, etc etc)

voice of the narrator: This, is Steph Curry. Two time MVP, three time champion, one time scoring champ, and the greatest shooter of all time. But when his 15-16 season came out in WhatifSports, the website was never the same.

(Frame is dated July 15, 2016. dh, ben, copernicus and robusk are all shown in their war rooms preparing for the ODL. Copernicus opens a Sportscenter clip for all to hear)

Scott Van Pelt: Well, he’s done it again. As if there was any doubt who the Executive of the Year was going to be, Adrian Wojnarowski is reporting that banditone has traded the third pick in the ODL draft to benhoidal for a half eaten box of Skittles and a piece of dry toast. Where’s that commissioner when you — oh yeah, he is the commissioner. Whoops, my bad! Woj is also reporting that Steph Curry will be the third overall pick by Hoidal. Shock of all shocks.

SVP: For a quick reaction, we go live to Stephen A. Smith, who was once again on vacation to react to the news. Stephen A., did banditone get fleeced, or is this no big deal?

SAS: Let me be very, very clear with what I am saying. And I DON’T WANT TO BE INTERRUPTED, Scott, because what I have to say, I’M ONLY GONNA SAY IT ONCE!! I’M NOT GONNA SAY IT TOMORROW MORNING, BECAUSE IF IT COMES OUT OF MY MOUTH AGAIN, I’M GOING TO HAVE TO QUIT. THE. SHOW. PERIOD.

With that being said, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THESE GMS?!?!?!?!? WHAT IS WROOONG WITH THEMMMMM? HOW DOES THIS FOOL BANDITONE OR WHATEVER THE HELL HIS NAME IS HAVE A JOB??!!!!? AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!

(cut to the 105 banners in the benhoidal gym)

Narrator: The champ of champs. The GOAT of GOATs......is not a player.

Buddy Hield: I mean, I’m not even an All-Star in real life.....but coach said I had the double green light, so I just kept shooting! Now I got six rings in FOUR MONTHS!!!!

Narrator: Still, no legend of sports is without a little controversy.

Coming up on Episode 2.....

slashtc: I would NEVER join a progressive with him!

N: The controversies, the rivalries, the endless beef. Next Sunday at 8, only on ESPN 8, The Ocho......
This is great, give me a whole episode!

Also I am so glad you phrased the following quote exactly as you did...

"Adrian Wojnarowski is reporting that banditone has traded the third pick in the ODL draft to benhoidal for a half eaten box of Skittles and a piece of dry toast. Where’s that commissioner when you — oh yeah, he is the commissioner. Whoops, my bad!"

Since, you know, YOU were actually the ODL commissioner that season, not me.
Ben, dude....this had me ROLLING with laughter! ESPECIALLY the Staphen A Smith quote. OMG, I damn near lost my **** laughing!
6/16/2020 1:29 AM
Reminds me of one of my all time favorite tweets.
https://twitter.com/david_j_roth/status/212767135901024256?s=20
6/16/2020 2:04 AM
Man you guys are SOOOO much more into this NBA sim than I am and I thought I was a total WIS geek lol.

In a What If Sports commercial, I could see Jerry West and Elgin Baylor in their Lakers uni's talking to each other on a court somewhere,

Jerry West: Well I was drafted in the FIFTH round of the latest dh $52 million league. Can't believe I wasn't a 3rd rounder!

Elgin Baylor: Aw man, you got nothin to complain about! I haven't been drafted in ANY league since I came outta college!

Then Walt Frasier and Willis Reed walk up to them and...

Willis Reed: You guys suck! Elgin man, your shooting percentage from the floor never cracked 43% yo! And you shot a LOT!

Walt Frasier: Well, my game holds up well enough that I still get picked by round five too.

Quick cut to Nate Archibald and Cornbread Mexwell in their Celtics uni's

Both Nate and Cornbread simultaneously: We are TOTALLY loyal to pennsylvania!
6/16/2020 2:09 AM
Posted by amerk1180 on 6/16/2020 2:09:00 AM (view original):
Man you guys are SOOOO much more into this NBA sim than I am and I thought I was a total WIS geek lol.

In a What If Sports commercial, I could see Jerry West and Elgin Baylor in their Lakers uni's talking to each other on a court somewhere,

Jerry West: Well I was drafted in the FIFTH round of the latest dh $52 million league. Can't believe I wasn't a 3rd rounder!

Elgin Baylor: Aw man, you got nothin to complain about! I haven't been drafted in ANY league since I came outta college!

Then Walt Frasier and Willis Reed walk up to them and...

Willis Reed: You guys suck! Elgin man, your shooting percentage from the floor never cracked 43% yo! And you shot a LOT!

Walt Frasier: Well, my game holds up well enough that I still get picked by round five too.

Quick cut to Nate Archibald and Cornbread Mexwell in their Celtics uni's

Both Nate and Cornbread simultaneously: We are TOTALLY loyal to pennsylvania!
Good stuff amerk! I’ll try and add some of it to the doc. Also, the Stephen A quote was all bds. I’m mostly just compiling what everyone else is saying, putting it together and adding context.
6/16/2020 8:35 AM
Posted by robusk on 6/16/2020 2:04:00 AM (view original):
I say “things of that nature” multiple times a day
6/16/2020 9:19 AM
Posted by benhoidal on 6/15/2020 5:23:00 PM (view original):
I've been deep diving and just found this Bill Simmons quote:

"I had a brief fling with the NBA sim engine 2 years ago, but it seemed like the only teams that were winning started Oscar Robertson, Fat Lever, Dennis Rodman, Wilt or Russell... it was the same guy on every team. Then they changed the engine and it became too confusing to me. But I used to have this one team with per-minute guys - Bernard King, Roy Tarpley, John Stockton, John Lucas, John Drew, Travis Grant, etc. - and I must have lost in heartbreaking fashion in the playoffs like five different times. And always to those teams with Oscar-Lever-Rodman-Russell. Drove me crazy. I also had an All-Druggie Team that was pretty funny."
Just noticed this. For my first open league, way back in 2007, I drafted only players who'd been suspended in real life for drug use. I think I finished just outside the playoffs.
6/16/2020 9:19 AM
I remember running the MonStars in a OL once+various Space Jam cameos.
6/16/2020 9:30 AM
Posted by jhsukow on 6/16/2020 9:19:00 AM (view original):
Posted by robusk on 6/16/2020 2:04:00 AM (view original):
I say “things of that nature” multiple times a day
https://twitter.com/Hegelbon/status/492741034749620224?s=20
6/16/2020 10:45 AM
Posted by tarheel1991 on 6/15/2020 11:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by copernicus on 6/15/2020 5:55:00 PM (view original):
Lafayette was a beast back in the day - used to use him all the time, in fact he might have been referring one of my a certain hominid's basic builds
There were points in the Savage Draft when I considered drafting Lafayette, couldn't bring myself to take the efg hit
I recently got a Denver Nuggets team to the finals of the Old Skool franchise league using him (or despite him) - I also recently got more or less the same exact build of Nuggets team to 38 wins so it's kind of hard to say
6/16/2020 1:12 PM
What if I told you there waz a time on wis when owners tbought assist were not that important...????
6/28/2020 4:23 AM
What if I told you...that once long ago an owner started a 3 season long flame war in the ODL tbat the word ugh-lee just doesn't do justice. Who I knew calling a couple of owners "lil *******" would have such an effect. The commish (seapilots) to quit, leaving the good ship ODL adrift. At which time the protagonist took the helm for a few seasons until a more permanent captain Ben took over guiding the good ship. And this all produce a new league dubbed the "Decade Draft League" (aka DDL) which is just starting it's 26th season. But that's another episode...
6/28/2020 4:46 AM
ps...the ODL flame wars were finally quenched when seble threaten to permanently boot a few owners off wis.....
6/28/2020 4:54 AM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7
WHAT IF i told you... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.