Right-wing reactionaries - fight the real enemy Topic

I have 83 blocks. So what? Who cares? As far as me being Captain Obvious, I'd rather be that than Captain *******.
6/4/2022 11:30 PM
You most certainly can come to absolute conclusions on those questions. They’re objective and most certainly scientific. They have become philosophical as a matter of convenience. Not to break this down by party lines, but since I wasn’t the one who divided it politically, I’ll run with it; the left values kindness over truth. They see it as unkind to tell someone “I know you think you’re a woman, but you’re not.” Like I told Dino, we don’t do this with any other immutable trait. I’m not sure why sex or gender get a pass. If we are talking to someone that we love that thinks they’re a cat, we gently advise mental care and the doctor doesn’t recommend to them that they transition to being a cat. If a white person identifies as black, they’re ostracized on social media and told that they are appropriating culture. Remember Rachel Dolezal.

As far as a fetus being a human, that’s objective and scientific as well. Once again, like I told Dino, I can give you a bunch of scientific reasons as to why it’s a human life. I would wager that you can’t give me one as to why it’s not. And since, undeniably, it’s a human life, it has personhood. We don’t pick and choose which humans have personhood.

As a disclaimer, I’m not exactly sure what you mean by personhood. I’m kind of guessing at what you mean.
6/4/2022 11:33 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 6/4/2022 11:30:00 PM (view original):
I have 83 blocks. So what? Who cares? As far as me being Captain Obvious, I'd rather be that than Captain *******.
I’m up to 59. First to 100 wins a Lamborghini bought by Tang!
6/4/2022 11:34 PM
Jeremiah 1 : 5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you
6/4/2022 11:54 PM
and what, exactly, does that prove?
6/5/2022 12:15 AM
that before you, you had a purpose

to be a becomer of you

so your job the whole time is to actualize the lord's plan

be as good as he made you

holy crap what a can o canolis

holy crap what a can o canned man

6/5/2022 12:51 AM
6/5/2022 12:58 AM
Posted by strikeout26 on 6/4/2022 11:33:00 PM (view original):
You most certainly can come to absolute conclusions on those questions. They’re objective and most certainly scientific. They have become philosophical as a matter of convenience. Not to break this down by party lines, but since I wasn’t the one who divided it politically, I’ll run with it; the left values kindness over truth. They see it as unkind to tell someone “I know you think you’re a woman, but you’re not.” Like I told Dino, we don’t do this with any other immutable trait. I’m not sure why sex or gender get a pass. If we are talking to someone that we love that thinks they’re a cat, we gently advise mental care and the doctor doesn’t recommend to them that they transition to being a cat. If a white person identifies as black, they’re ostracized on social media and told that they are appropriating culture. Remember Rachel Dolezal.

As far as a fetus being a human, that’s objective and scientific as well. Once again, like I told Dino, I can give you a bunch of scientific reasons as to why it’s a human life. I would wager that you can’t give me one as to why it’s not. And since, undeniably, it’s a human life, it has personhood. We don’t pick and choose which humans have personhood.

As a disclaimer, I’m not exactly sure what you mean by personhood. I’m kind of guessing at what you mean.
There's a wide variety of differences between species and race vs gender. Most importantly, there really isn't such a thing as species dysphoria or racial dysphoria. Again, I'm most worried about outcomes, and it really seems like gender transition is an effective method of relieving dysphoria. Just telling someone that they're not trans doesn't work. Gender is distinct from sex. When I interact with someone, I'm more concerned with their presentation than their chromosomes or genitals.

One of my friends is a trans guy, and he's obviously a guy. No one would interact with him and think that he's a woman, and in fact many are surprised when they find out that he's trans. He by and large lives a male experience, and that's really good. His life wouldn't be nearly as fruitful if he wasn't allowed to be on testosterone and have his body match his mind. I don't think just telling him "you're not a guy" is an effective solution here.

So in terms of utility, when we're constructing definitions, I just don't buy one that excludes him from the "man" category, since in essentially any way that matters, he's a guy. Like, if you construct a definition of gender that puts him under the same social category as my girlfriend, I really don't think there's much utility to that definition. It's just not how we interact with people in the real world.

Re the abortion conversation, when I say "personhood," I mean "human thing that's worthy of moral consideration." A braindead adult is an alive human, but we might not grant them moral consideration at the same level as a conscious adult human. The question of whether an early fetus and adult person are worthy of the same level of moral consideration is a legitimate one.

Again, I'm really not interested in the abortion debate. It gets into a ton of philosophical discussions that frankly I'm not prepared to have, especially because I don't have a super strong opinion. I think both sides have valid concerns, and frankly, I don't think any party has rhetoric on the issue that matches my current opinion.
6/5/2022 1:01 AM
Posted by strikeout26 on 6/4/2022 11:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 6/4/2022 11:30:00 PM (view original):
I’m up to 59. First to 100 wins a Lamborghini bought by Tang!
Hate to break it to ya, but I don't think my budget is gonna allow for that
6/5/2022 1:03 AM

there is a difference between a human embryo and a human being and same for human fetus up to a certain stage.
The protection for an embryo should not be the same as a human being.
6/5/2022 1:16 AM
Posted by tangplay on 6/5/2022 1:01:00 AM (view original):

There's a wide variety of differences between species and race vs gender. Most importantly, there really isn't such a thing as species dysphoria or racial dysphoria. Again, I'm most worried about outcomes, and it really seems like gender transition is an effective method of relieving dysphoria. Just telling someone that they're not trans doesn't work. Gender is distinct from sex. When I interact with someone, I'm more concerned with their presentation than their chromosomes or genitals.

One of my friends is a trans guy, and he's obviously a guy. No one would interact with him and think that he's a woman, and in fact many are surprised when they find out that he's trans. He by and large lives a male experience, and that's really good. His life wouldn't be nearly as fruitful if he wasn't allowed to be on testosterone and have his body match his mind. I don't think just telling him "you're not a guy" is an effective solution here.

So in terms of utility, when we're constructing definitions, I just don't buy one that excludes him from the "man" category, since in essentially any way that matters, he's a guy. Like, if you construct a definition of gender that puts him under the same social category as my girlfriend, I really don't think there's much utility to that definition. It's just not how we interact with people in the real world.

Re the abortion conversation, when I say "personhood," I mean "human thing that's worthy of moral consideration." A braindead adult is an alive human, but we might not grant them moral consideration at the same level as a conscious adult human. The question of whether an early fetus and adult person are worthy of the same level of moral consideration is a legitimate one.

Again, I'm really not interested in the abortion debate. It gets into a ton of philosophical discussions that frankly I'm not prepared to have, especially because I don't have a super strong opinion. I think both sides have valid concerns, and frankly, I don't think any party has rhetoric on the issue that matches my current opinion.
what have i written that leads you to say that I don’t understand trans issues. No one here is more supportive and protective of trans people.
6/5/2022 1:18 AM

trans gender people are not suffering from sexual or identity types of mental illness and it wrong to compare them to people who think they are cats.
It is wrong and uneligtened.
6/5/2022 1:53 AM
Does ANYONE believe in "live and let live" anymore??

I have 4 grandchildren. All are loved deeply by their families. Two of them would NOT be here today IF the Republicans had their way on reproductive issues.
Because they are HERE and alive because of in-vitro fertilization.

THAT process requires capture of a woman's egg(s) and the fertilization of the egg (with male sperm) in a (basically) petri dish.
The fertilized egg is then harvested and placed within the desirous Mother.

Problem is: (for OTHER FOLKS looking to place THEIR values/opinions on the prospective Parents AND THE REST OF SOCIETY) there are (usually) harvested eggs that are unused (for a variety of reasons) and thus ultimately destroyed.

Those of you wanting to legislate YOUR moral opinion onto everybody................IF you succeeded would be denying me my RIGHT to enjoy Grandchildren from one of my Daughters!!

I WILL fight you over this right.
Do you REALLY want a civil war over disagreement of (exactly) what IS female autonomy over their reproductive organs in our Laws??
I certainly don't.................but I'll fight to the death for my Grandchildren's RIGHT TO LIVE!!!!
6/5/2022 9:00 AM
Posted by Mwett on 6/4/2022 11:54:00 PM (view original):
Jeremiah 1 : 5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you
Totally agree. BUT.. until a man humbles himself, swallows his foolish pride, and DECIDES to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ; he will close his ears to the truth. For me? I have given up 'preaching to the willingly ignorant' They are on their own. I would rather go to skid road and share with someone who is lost and knows it.

The Bible says.. 'They do not know good from evil.' This is evidenced here all the time. They are willingly ignorant of the truth . and they CANNOT understand or receive the things of the Lord, for they are SPIRITUALLY discerned. Too proud to bow. How sad, and that is why Lucifer is fallen from heaven. PRIDE.. is the sin God hates more than any other. Pride is why Criminals continue to do crime. They are too proud to admit they did wrong.

So are most of you

Scroll some of these threads and you will see the evidence of this.. over and over. and remember that God has said, 'My Spirit will not always strive with a man..." This means there may come a time when many cannot be saved because the god of THIS world has blinded them... and they HATE the truth, and plug their ears to the Gospel

I just saw a clip of some elitist at Harvard spewing total spiritual poison... and what a way to waste $12,000 a semester!!! ... May that institution come to total destruction. It is of the Anti Christ, cuz the 'Commies' took it over .. gradually.. and like the Frog in the tub of water being heated.. we sensed nothing wrong.. and now are pretty well cooked (nationally)

And to you you who are unbelievers: this is not trashing on you, but is what the Bible says to be the case..

'The Wicked shall be turned into hell' and ALL THE NATIONS THAT FORGET GOD. What nation(s) do you think are at the very top of this list? How about US and Canada ??? We have NO excuse, and may God have mercy apon us.. and quit asking God to bless the land, ask instead for MERCY

The
good News? Your sins are forgiven the moment you decide to believe on Jesus Christ, and commit your way unto him. The record of all those wrongs turns into a blank sheet of paper, and nothing can stick to it

End of sermon
6/5/2022 6:53 PM
Posted by TwoBuckChuck on 6/5/2022 12:58:00 AM (view original):
that before you, you had a purpose

to be a becomer of you

so your job the whole time is to actualize the lord's plan

be as good as he made you

holy crap what a can o canolis

holy crap what a can o canned man

6/5/2022 12:51 AM
This is a good start"

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.

So what is so wrong with that?? If the whole country would do this, the crime rate would drop and so would alcohol and drug addiction. and just maybe the mass shootings would STOP. Divorce would diminish and children would grow up in homes where Mom loves dad and dad love Mom.

Got a better idea? Post it
6/5/2022 7:02 PM
C u tomorrow
6/5/2022 7:03 PM
◂ Prev 1...126|127|128|129|130...142 Next ▸
Right-wing reactionaries - fight the real enemy Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.