Right-wing reactionaries - fight the real enemy Topic

Posted by wylie715 on 7/2/2022 6:16:00 PM (view original):
Personally I don't care what the Bible says. I know I am a good person. If there is such a thing as heaven and hell, I feel confident I know which one I will be going to.
This I agree with 100% whether there is or is not heaven is totally irrelevant to me as I live life without regard to whether or not there is a heaven.

No one should need to be a God fearing person to be a good person. You can be a good person if you want to be without religion.
But some cannot.
7/2/2022 6:55 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by Mwett on 7/2/2022 2:52:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Jetson21 on 7/2/2022 2:43:00 PM (view original):
One last thing here I would never contemplate one of us dying by skydiving or going to hell because I don’t believe in your religion. Just putting that in writing is about as weird a belief that I can think of.

I doubt there is a heaven but if there is it is based on good deeds and good works and inner goodness.
If you need a mantra to go with that and it calms your terror about death then have it. I’m happy that it gives you comfort.

But when you preach it to others who don’t want to hear it you are just a scary pain in the ***.
Hey reverend, where in your Bible brilliance does it say if you're a nice guy you get a pass ? Too one dimensional hater agenda driven to Google that ! I can show you 100 places where it says otherwise. Not by works I'm sure you're familiar with it's elementary fashion but have easily forgotten or dismissed it.
IF I have to depend on my 'good works' and personal charm, honesty, and all my (don't laugh) Godly qualities to enter heaven... I am forever damned .. I Believe it is impossible to get there by good works.. and my righteousness is like dirty used toilet paper, in the sight of the Lord God

and Jetson, if that parachute didn't open, you just might have time to call upon the name of the Lord,, and say 'Lord Jesus, please have mercy on me.' and when you hit the ground..you would probably instantly die, and you would see him.. with his arms open, to welcome you home.

That is how much mercy he has,

and that is how much he loves you.

No kidding

Thank you Lord Jesus for redeeming me I have often said that with tears
7/4/2022 10:01 AM (edited)
If good works won't get you into heaven, then why bother with them? Just be as evil as you want and then accept Jesus just before you die. That will get you to heaven, right? You don't see anything wrong with that philosophy?
7/4/2022 1:27 PM
it's a get out of jail free card

i thought evangelical christians were pro- law & order & police & prison

but here they are freeing death rowers with a late night call from the governor

the lord comes in handy when the sword of justice sings nigh

7/4/2022 7:10 PM
7/4/2022 7:10 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 7/4/2022 1:27:00 PM (view original):
If good works won't get you into heaven, then why bother with them? Just be as evil as you want and then accept Jesus just before you die. That will get you to heaven, right? You don't see anything wrong with that philosophy?
Yes I sure do. Also you do not know when that last day of your life will come

Can we move this convo the the new religion thread? Every false religion on this planet demands works. but the truth is that God's grace is sufficient. Those other religions are tyranny.. and they oppress the poor, seize power over the people, and demand they conform.. or else
7/4/2022 7:28 PM
I've been here 20 years now and we haven't solved one thing, political or otherwise.

It's beginning to dawn on me.....this may be a colossal waste of time.
7/4/2022 7:40 PM
Posted by DougOut on 7/4/2022 7:40:00 PM (view original):
I've been here 20 years now and we haven't solved one thing, political or otherwise.

It's beginning to dawn on me.....this may be a colossal waste of time.
Dat's cuz we want to win at all costs..and it kills anything good
7/4/2022 7:50 PM
At least they caught that right-wing evangelical Republican Trump supporter that shot all those people today.

I'm going to bed. Goodnight and God bless.
7/4/2022 8:01 PM
Posted by DougOut on 7/4/2022 8:01:00 PM (view original):
At least they caught that right-wing evangelical Republican Trump supporter that shot all those people today.

I'm going to bed. Goodnight and God bless.
At 8 pm EST???
7/4/2022 8:10 PM
"...right-wing evangelical Republican Trump supporter"

You forgot former "Cub Scout".................

Did you know his Father ran for Mayor vs. the Woman who is currently Mayor?

The sick son of a sick Family with a sick ideology!
Sounds like we have some mental sickness in America to me!

Horde your guns, hide your women, stockpile your ammo and Pray your Gods!

Sick F*$ckers!
7/5/2022 9:08 AM
Like lefties never kill anyone. This is just too much
7/5/2022 11:16 AM
Posted by bagchucker3 on 7/4/2022 7:10:00 PM (view original):

BAG.. you are so full of it. We believers hate the early release of a murderer or any violent criminal.

and we DO support law and order

but you knew this already, and I got sucked into replying

and it seeing salvation as a get out of jail free' card shows your ignorance. If that is your excuse for rejecting Christ, then so be it. You will have all eternity to ponder that decision

7/5/2022 11:21 AM
Posted by lostnfound74 on 7/5/2022 11:22:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bagchucker3 on 7/4/2022 7:10:00 PM (view original):

BAG.. you are so full of it. We believers hate the early release of a murderer or any violent criminal.

and we DO support law and order

but you knew this already, and I got sucked into replying

and it seeing salvation as a get out of jail free' card shows your ignorance. If that is your excuse for rejecting Christ, then so be it. You will have all eternity to ponder that decision

I think if there is a hell you will go there or at least just get erased for telling people who do not share your beliefs that they will go to hell.

Watch out - if your description of God is a heartless brain damaged mass murderer maybe your end will not be so pleasant.
7/5/2022 11:40 AM
◂ Prev 1...138|139|140|141|142 Next ▸
Right-wing reactionaries - fight the real enemy Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.