Right-wing reactionaries - fight the real enemy Topic

Dino = Jetson
10/15/2021 5:18 AM
Top administrator with the Carroll Independent School District in Southlake advised teachers that if they have a book about the Holocaust in their classroom, they should also offer students access to a book from an “opposing” perspective, per audio recording.

it’s not bait to ask your opinion about this
10/15/2021 8:45 AM (edited)
Posted by Uofa2 on 10/15/2021 8:45:00 AM (view original):
Top administrator with the Carroll Independent School District in Southlake advised teachers that if they have a book about the Holocaust in their classroom, they should also offer students access to a book from an “opposing” perspective, per audio recording.

Last week, a 20-year-old Oklahoma woman was convicted of manslaughter for experiencing a miscarriage at 17 weeks and sentenced to 4 years in state prison.

sorry if this is bait lostnfound but since you and coreanderguy want democrats to respond to everything on they’re side, please respond to these two stories
10/15/2021 9:07 AM
you're doing it wrong. You have to make a thread and sarcastically pretend to support these things. That's great political satire.
10/15/2021 1:02 PM
JOE & KAMALA 2024!
10/15/2021 4:48 PM
Posted by Uofa2 on 10/15/2021 9:07:00 AM (view original):

Last week, a 20-year-old Oklahoma woman was convicted of manslaughter for experiencing a miscarriage at 17 weeks and sentenced to 4 years in state prison.

sorry if this is bait lostnfound but since you and coreanderguy want democrats to respond to everything on they’re side, please respond to these two stories
Why should they be forced to also include a book that is full of lies?? Eisnenhauer got it right ( I believe it was Ike) He took photos of the horrible thing and SAID" I am taking these because the day will come when some Bast-rd will claim it never happened." and God bless him for that

Jail for a miscarriage? Ok the legal system is fried. This is proven every day

A judge also let a murderer rapist walk, in Calif. Said offender was an illegal. I forget the details, but it made me want to fly down there and strangle that Judge. Hey, I could plead insanity (don't DARE say it)

In the Greater Vancouver area, back in '94 this creep raped and murdered a 16 yr old girl in mid afternoon. He was out on a DAY PAROLE. he served no extra time for this, and people wonder why I advocate the death penalty. He should be fried. i.e. made into a 13.8 kv ground fault resistor
10/16/2021 4:41 AM (edited)

That isn't bait at all, but it makes me very mad. Judges seem accountable to no one. Party affiliation is irrelevant. We live in a fallen world, and it will only get worse

Cheers
10/16/2021 4:39 AM

Jail for a miscarriage?

I mean, if you believe that a fetus is a person, yeah, this makes sense. The woman in question used substances, and the court ruled that because of the substance abuse, the miscarriage happened. If you believe that a fetus is a person, then this would be involuntary manslaughter, right?

It makes no sense because deep down, most of us recognize that fetuses don't really meet our standard for personhood. But if you do believe that, I don't see why you shouldn't be OK with legal rulings that would be perfectly ideologically consistent for you.

10/16/2021 3:50 PM
Jetson = Dino
10/16/2021 4:44 PM
Posted by bronxcheer on 10/15/2021 5:18:00 AM (view original):
Dino = Jetson
Sorry B CH but I have had enough. hate doing this, but you are muted. What you are doing is like spamming
10/17/2021 7:28 AM
Posted by tangplay on 10/16/2021 3:50:00 PM (view original):

Jail for a miscarriage?

I mean, if you believe that a fetus is a person, yeah, this makes sense. The woman in question used substances, and the court ruled that because of the substance abuse, the miscarriage happened. If you believe that a fetus is a person, then this would be involuntary manslaughter, right?

It makes no sense because deep down, most of us recognize that fetuses don't really meet our standard for personhood. But if you do believe that, I don't see why you shouldn't be OK with legal rulings that would be perfectly ideologically consistent for you.

What divides us on this issue is that 'Fetuses' meet God's standard of being a living being. I can give many references, but would rather not, as it is next to impossible to change a man's opinion if he is set it in stone.
10/17/2021 7:31 AM
No! Please. Give the references.

WHERE, exactly, are the references to support the statement that "Fetuses' meet God's standard of being a living being".

I thought I knew the Bible fairly well and I know nothing about a "standard" for God's determination of LIFE!
10/17/2021 9:21 AM
Posted by lostnfound74 on 10/17/2021 7:31:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 10/16/2021 3:50:00 PM (view original):

Jail for a miscarriage?

What divides us on this issue is that 'Fetuses' meet God's standard of being a living being. I can give many references, but would rather not, as it is next to impossible to change a man's opinion if he is set it in stone.
I don't care about "God's standard." I care about yours. If you think fetuses are humans, I don't see how you could oppose jailing people for miscarriages.
10/17/2021 1:17 PM
I agree with L&F74 as not discussing it here. A different forum/setting would be more preferable. I would add, in the limited number of times I've entered in a Biblical discussion here, it ends up in Blasphemy and misuse of the Lords name. That's why I don't do it here. I think however, the main offender may be on a temporary time out, and so I'll use this opportunity to chime in.

We all have in our possession, many good translations of the Bible right on our computers so it shouldn't be a problem accessing these verses.

This is GOD talking to the prophet Jeremiah. Jer - 1:5
"Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations." King James Version
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew* you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you a prophet to the nations." New International Version
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations." English Standard Version
* chose

Psalm 139:13-16
For You formed my inward parts;
You wove me in my mother’s womb.
I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Wonderful are Your works,
And my soul knows it very well.
My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth;

Well, that's a start. There are many more should you want to investigate farther. I also noted while searching this material, the penalty for killing an unborn child was DEATH.

Have a peaceful and blessed Lords day.

10/17/2021 1:18 PM
Then an IUD is also "murder", right?
10/17/2021 1:31 PM
◂ Prev 1...91|92|93|94|95...142 Next ▸
Right-wing reactionaries - fight the real enemy Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.