WhatIF I told you... Documentary Topic

GD that was hilarious. Freakin' top notch. Nice work.
7/7/2020 4:23 PM
And my "formulas" were wrong. I thought I could load up on high ceiling / low minutes players while building a team that is low on mistakes. That was the wrong idea. In a format like this, stuff that I usually don't emphasize like offensive rebounding, assists, steals, blocks, etc. actually present opportunity. In capped leagues, you can pick a couple areas of efficiency and target those as long as you hit the floor of most stuff. In an uncapped league, I think you can deal with some fouls, turnovers or mediocre shooting if you capitalize on the opportunity to get loads of the other stuff.

Also, getting a bunch of high minute B+ guys in the early rounds > a bunch of of low minutes A+/A/A- guys.
7/7/2020 4:48 PM
“Also, getting a bunch of high minute B+ guys in the early rounds > a bunch of of low minutes A+/A/A- guys.”

This was my thinking when I grabbed Hakeem and Erving. 40 minutes of B+ along with 8 minutes of C- is better than 28 A minutes and 20 C-minutes.
7/7/2020 4:56 PM
Posted by benhoidal on 7/7/2020 4:56:00 PM (view original):
“Also, getting a bunch of high minute B+ guys in the early rounds > a bunch of of low minutes A+/A/A- guys.”

This was my thinking when I grabbed Hakeem and Erving. 40 minutes of B+ along with 8 minutes of C- is better than 28 A minutes and 20 C-minutes.
Right, which is exactly the opposite of a capped league.

Which I inherently know, but both my mind and all the various weights I have applied to various attributes were all calibrated the other way.

I really don't want to play another round, but I also won't be able to recover my confidence until I put together a good performance.
7/7/2020 4:58 PM
I thought about writing something where I have some debate with Ben about the role of socioeconomics in owner transactions but it just resulted in him saying RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGZZZZ over and over again, so I punted.
7/10/2020 1:36 PM
Posted by robusk on 7/10/2020 1:36:00 PM (view original):
I thought about writing something where I have some debate with Ben about the role of socioeconomics in owner transactions but it just resulted in him saying RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGZZZZ over and over again, so I punted.
Haha, I'm actually not a Ringz culture guy at all. This bit could be funny though. If you ever want to collaborate on one of these episodes, just let me know! dB and I are working hard on finishing the Savage part 2 one right now, but I'll be getting to the others at some point.
7/10/2020 1:45 PM
Posted by benhoidal on 7/10/2020 1:45:00 PM (view original):
Haha, I'm actually not a Ringz culture guy at all. This bit could be funny though. If you ever want to collaborate on one of these episodes, just let me know! dB and I are working hard on finishing the Savage part 2 one right now, but I'll be getting to the others at some point.
How can this possibly be true? I mean, I know in RL you ride hard for Minnesota teams. But isn't your entire WiS brand about getting a ring at all costs?
7/10/2020 1:47 PM
And yeah, this week was super busy but I might be able to jump in on helping with something next week. You and dBKC are doing pretty damn funny stuff without my help though.
7/10/2020 1:48 PM
Posted by robusk on 7/10/2020 1:47:00 PM (view original):
How can this possibly be true? I mean, I know in RL you ride hard for Minnesota teams. But isn't your entire WiS brand about getting a ring at all costs?
I mean, I'm definitely a championship or bust guy. I meant more when it comes to evaluating individual players historically. That seems to be where Ringz culture is most prevalent. But yes, from a team perspective I don't find much value in being a playoff team with no chance at a title.

I was thinking of doing my episode next. I have a lot of raw material for it already that just needs to be written up. Once the savage episode is all done, I will probably be asking tons of owners for stories and quotes about me. I think you might be able to best turn me into a character though. I might hit you up for my spotlight section in the savage episode when I get to it actually.
7/10/2020 2:17 PM
I’ve got an idea for a vehicle to deliver the shade to Ben if anyone wants to collab with me lmao
7/10/2020 2:30 PM
Posted by benhoidal on 7/10/2020 2:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by robusk on 7/10/2020 1:47:00 PM (view original):
I mean, I'm definitely a championship or bust guy. I meant more when it comes to evaluating individual players historically. That seems to be where Ringz culture is most prevalent. But yes, from a team perspective I don't find much value in being a playoff team with no chance at a title.

I was thinking of doing my episode next. I have a lot of raw material for it already that just needs to be written up. Once the savage episode is all done, I will probably be asking tons of owners for stories and quotes about me. I think you might be able to best turn me into a character though. I might hit you up for my spotlight section in the savage episode when I get to it actually.
Okay sounds good to me.
7/10/2020 2:59 PM
Posted by dBKC on 7/10/2020 2:30:00 PM (view original):
I’ve got an idea for a vehicle to deliver the shade to Ben if anyone wants to collab with me lmao
This guy, as long as we don't make it too ugly. I seemingly ran the dudes who I genuinely wanted to offend out of SimLeague Basketball.
7/10/2020 3:00 PM
It’s just a vehicle to deliver any lines or ideas that you want. I agree with not getting too dirty. I like Ben. Just thought of a good way to get the ideas out in story form.
7/10/2020 3:04 PM
Posted by robusk on 7/10/2020 3:00:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dBKC on 7/10/2020 2:30:00 PM (view original):
This guy, as long as we don't make it too ugly. I seemingly ran the dudes who I genuinely wanted to offend out of SimLeague Basketball.
Ugly it up! Turn me into a character, I don't care. Look, I'm the one editing this "documentary." That means that most things are going to be written from my view point. That's not really fair, especially when it comes to my episode. I'm looking for hot takes, things that might make me look bad, whatever. I can take it. Just make it funny too.
7/10/2020 3:30 PM (edited)
Posted by dBKC on 7/10/2020 3:04:00 PM (view original):
It’s just a vehicle to deliver any lines or ideas that you want. I agree with not getting too dirty. I like Ben. Just thought of a good way to get the ideas out in story form.
Saint Paul at the pearly gates...
7/10/2020 3:18 PM
◂ Prev 1...13|14|15|16|17...22 Next ▸
WhatIF I told you... Documentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.