WhatIF I told you... Documentary Topic

It’s all good. The Kyrie stuff is incredible
8/3/2020 7:47 PM
https://imgur.com/a/KHPDDaJ

ARE WE SURE HE IS GOOD?
8/3/2020 8:12 PM
"Who He Play For?" wins the vote. Might preview Game of Zones tomorrow morning sometime.
8/3/2020 10:03 PM
Scene opens to the TNT studio with Ernie, Chuck, Shaq, and Kenny. The camera zooms in on Ernie Johnson who is standing to the side and grinning ear to ear.

Ernie Johnson: “It is opening day of the NBA playoffs, and it’s another opportunity to quiz Shaq and Sir Charles on who ended up where in the return of everybody’s’ favorite grammatically incorrect show…” A skinny showman’s microphone flies up from the bottom of the screen and Ernie catches it in one smooth motion. He pulls his arm back and points it at the camera in a big swinging motion. “Whoooooooo He Play For! Let’s play the game! What do you say Kenny? Hey, what do you say Shaq? Hey hey hey, what do you say Chuckster?”

Shaquille O’Neal: “Kenny, I bet Chuck gets one right.”

Charles Barkley: “Thank you Shaq. Glad you have my back.”

Kenny Smith: “He said you were going to get one right. There’s five questions.”

Shaquille O’Neal: “Well last year he didn’t get any right. One is a big improvement.”

Charles Barkley: “That’s right!”

Ernie Johnson: “Here’s the deal. Last year, I felt really good about your chances Chuck. I thought three out of five was doable. It didn’t happen. In fact, you’ve never really got a winning score.”

Charles Barkley: “Ever?”

Ernie Johnson: “Ever.”

Shaquille O’Neal: “He ain’t ever had a winning score in the finals either. May the most handsomest win!”

Ernie Johnson: “You two are on the top two teams in the league. I just got off the phone with SAVAGE commissioner dh555 and we made a little bet. If either of you can get a single one of these right, the playoff scoring system will remain the same. You guys know the current system makes it almost impossible for anyone other than your two teams to win the SAVAGE crown. However, if you guys can’t get a single one right, then dh555 will put more of an emphasis on individual league championships to give more owners a chance.”

Shaquille O’Neal: “I don’t know if I like this Ernie. Corona spent a lot of time perfecting my team for the current rules.”

Charles Barkley: “Oh, come on Shaq. What’s life without a little fun? It don’t matter what the rules are, pixietera going to win the chip no matter what.”

Ernie Johnson: “So, are you ready for the five players for… what’s the name of this show Kenny?”

Kenny Smith: “Who he play for?”

Ernie Johnson: “Here we go! Number 1 is Ed Davis! Who he play for?”

Kenny Smith: “Oh, Charles you cannot possibly get this one wrong.”

Charles Barkley: “...”

Shaquille O’Neal: “That sounds like a robusk guy. I don’t know why.”

Charles Barkley: “No stupid, you’d have to be drugged up to take someone as bad as Ed Davis. Was it longtallbrad?”

Buzzer sounds

Ernie Johnson: “Ooh so close. Actually, Chuck, Ed Davis is on your team. The correct owner is pexetera.”

Charles looks dumbfounded as Kenny shakes his head beside him.

Shaquille O’Neal: “Honestly Chuck, how do you not know your own teammates?”

Charles Barkley: “As long as he passes me the ball, I don’t have to know his name.”

Ernie Johnson: Alright, number 2! Marvin Williams. Who he play for?”

Shaquille O’Neal: “...”

Kenny Smith: “Are you guys serious?”

Charles Barkley: “That’s the whitest name I ever heard. I’m going with amerk1180.”

Shaquille O’Neal: “Is he on Chuck’s team too?”

Buzzer sounds

Ernie Johnson: “Marvin Williams is on your team Shaq. The correct owner is kinoa1.”

Kenny Smith: “You guys are unbelievable.”

Charles Barkley: “Guess you don’t know your teammates either huh Shaq?”

Shaquille O’Neal: “Is that the guy who’s always getting me water?”

Ernie Johnson: “Number 3 is Domantas Sabonis! Who he play for?”

Charles Barkley: “That’s a made up name!”

Shaquille O’Neal: “I thought it was Arvydas?”

Kenny Smith: “Domantas is Arvydas’ son.”

Charles Barkley: “They’re cloning peoples’ kids now?”

Shaquille O’Neal: “I remember playing against Arvydas. They used to call me the Big Deporter because I kept sending all the foreign centers home. Pretty sure he’s on longtallbrad’s team.”

Charles Barkley: “I’ll go with longtallbrad too. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.”

Buzzer sounds

Ernie Johnson: “No, the correct owner was copernicus. longtallbrad did have Arvydas, but that’s not who we were guessing. Number 4 is an easy one. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. Who he play for?”

Shaquille O’Neal: “The big fella. He must have gone first overall”

Charles Barkley: “No, I took Allen Iverson first.”

Shaquille O’Neal: “Pretty sure I remember someone rigged the lottery to get the first pick. Must have been that Sim Devil. I’m going with benhoidal.”

Charles Barkley: “longtallbrad?”

Buzzer sounds

Ernie Johnson: “No, the correct owner was dh555. Alright, last chance or the playoff points get switched to give other owners a chance. Number 5 is Kenny Smith! Who he play for?”

Kenny Smith: “Oh come on guys, we just talked about this last episode.”

Charles Barkley: “Kenny, you didn’t even know you were on a team for the entire regular season.”

Kenny Smith: “...”

Ernie Johnson: “Okay guys, who you got? You need this one to keep the playoff points the same. Who Kenny play for?”

Charles Barkley: “This one has to be longtallbrad. You’d have to be drugged up to put Kenny on your team.”

Shaquille O’Neal: “dBKC? He likes point guards with lots of turnovers.”

Buzzer sounds.

Kenny Smith: “C’mon man.”

Ernie Johnson: “The correct owner there was pharrop. I guess this is why we only play this game once a year.”

Kenny Smith: “Give them the same five guys next week and I guarantee you they won’t get them right. Heck do it ten minutes from now.”

Ernie Johnson: “Chuck, who does Ed Davis play for?”

Charles Barkley: “...”

Kenny Smith: “He doesn’t know!!!”

Charles Barkley: “That’s the guy on Shaq’s team right?”

Ernie Johnson: “No, Chuck. He’s on your team. Unbelievable. Well, there you go folks. Charles and Shaq get them all wrong and the playoff points will be changed to put more of an emphasis on individual World championships. This was ‘Who He Play For?’ Next time you see us will be after the finals.”

The studio zooms out as the camera fades.

8/3/2020 10:09 PM
If people are interested, I will preview Game of Zones sometime tomorrow.
8/3/2020 10:09 PM
I get irrationally angry with every Ben Simmons podcast here even though I know it's fake.

loved the Who He Play For segment, though!
8/3/2020 10:32 PM
Will be posting my Game of Zones bit this afternoon. Might have to change a line depending on how the jcred5 and dh555 series goes.

So far ash and robusk have read it.

ashamael: "Oh man, that is so ******* good."

robusk: "Jesus Ben. I just read your Game of Zones piece. It is perfect. I couldn't punch it up at all. Not only is it your best work yet, I could honestly see it being a real bit on the show. You must really know that program. Nice work man."

Stay tuned.
8/4/2020 10:20 AM
can't wait!
8/4/2020 11:03 AM
Upon a dark background, white block letters say ‘PREVIOUSLY ON GAME OF ZONES’. The Os are filled in as though they are basketballs.

Scene opens to an army of men dressed in medieval apparel, decorated with the sigil of a mustang on their shields. The horse, not the car. Their colors are light blue and purple with a cream accent. The army is besieging a castle bedecked with maroon flags ordained with a gold devil. It is winter, and snow is falling in heavy sheets. The army breeches the main gates and storms over the moat and into the castle. They enter the main courtyard which has been taken over by a large basketball court. There are no enemy troops to be seen. The warrior on the lead horse dismounts and removes his helm. It is Lord Ashamael the Forsaken. To his left, a giant man upon a giant horse rides up to Lord Ashamael and removes his own helm and we can see that it is Sir Randy of Savage.

Sir Randy of Savage: “My lord, where are benhoidal’s men? Was this not to be the location of game 6?”

Lord Ashamael the Forsaken shakes his head and as he looks up to Sir Randy of Savage we can see despair in his eyes: “I should have known. The Devil is up to his old tricks. He’s resting his players for game 7.”

As he says this, we hear a roar as maroon and gold soldiers led by Hakeem Olajuwon leap over the inner walls.

We cut to a throne room scene in the heart of world 3. We see King Kinoa1 wearing an armored doublet and a gold crown. Underneath the doublet he is wearing a suit and tie and on his face he has on thick black Scorsese-style glasses. At his feet we see pexetera’s lifeless form. King Kinoa1 turns to his page.

King Kinoa1: “If people ask you what happened here, tell them the King of Comedy still rules the Western lands of World 3. Also, tell them to stop pronouncing my name quinoa.”

We cut to Artis Gilmore, fully decked in armor with a large longsword, banging on a door. “Quick Kawhi, we are being attacked.”

Kawhi Leonard opens the door: “Is this some sort of scheduling mistake? Lord robusk promised me a load management day.”

The scene fades and we are in the Great Fighting Pit of Daznak in the heart of Meereen. We see the bodies of ashamael, 20ks, 24kpyrite, tarheel1991, jpevans31, and longtallbrad strewn on the ground. Standing over them we see the remaining fighters: gerryred, copernicus, jcred5, robusk, dh555, mptrey, dBKC, benhoidal, kinoa1, and pexetera. longtallbrad stands up and we realize he was just sleeping.

The screen darkens to black and we see a disclaimer in white letters appear: ALL CHARACTERS AND EVENTS IN THIS CARTOON, EVEN THOSE BASED ON REAL PEOPLE, ARE FICTIONAL AND ALL VOICES ARE OBVIOUSLY IMPERSONATED. The letters disappear and new letters take its place: GAME OF ZONES. The Os are basketballs. These letters too disappear and a cartoon knight is seen dribbling a basketball between his legs next to new letters: EPISODE 3: CONFERENCE FINALS.

We enter the throne room in Meereen where Shaquille O’Neal is perched upon the throne wearing a sleek blue dress that is far too small. His bleached blond hair streams behind him and down his back. Next to him stands Walt Frazier and Bobby Jones. Jones is dressed in the traditional battle ware of the Unsullied. Frazier has added an exotic fur trim to his armor and his helm has a wider brim than normal. From behind the throne, Kyrie Irving steps forth wearing a traditional robe of the people of Meereen.

Kyrie Irving: “You stand before Shaquille Largeborn of House Kinoa1, 1st of his name, Breaker of Backboards, King of Nicknames and Destroyer of Jokes, Shaq Daddy to all.”

In front of them stand three men wrapped in monkey pelts. The man in the middle is tall and handsome, but where his eyes should have been are two empty gaping pits. On the back of his pelt is the name ROBINSON. To his left, stands a medium sized man with a goatee and no ears. His pelt says MARION. On the right, is a short man with sandy blonde hair. On his throat is a tattoo of a monkey, his guild’s symbol of a mute. His pelt says PRICE.

The man in the middle steps forward. Walt Frazier and Bobby Jones quickly thrust their spears out, blocking the man’s path to the throne. The man parts his hands and the spears are cast aside despite him never touching them. “Your Grace, you have summoned us here with the promise to restore our order if we can carry out a task for you. What would you have us do, oh Biggest of Shamrocks.”

Shaquille O’Neal: “Mbmmbllmbrlwrmblvrm.”

Kyrie Irving: “You are as wise as you are large, your Grace. The Big Aristotle would send you to King’s Landing in World 2, that’s one of the flat ones. You must assassinate the one they call Chuck. No one must know who it was that sent you.”

The goateed man to the left steps forth. He seems to understand, though he has no ears to hear. “Your Grace, Big Cactus, we will depart at once. We will return when the moon shows red. The house of Gerry shall rule once more.”

Shaquille O’Neal: “Mbmmbllprvtllbrm.”

Kyrie Irving: “The Big Banana is as kind as he is humble. You shall have his fastest ship. Just make sure it doesn’t fall off the edge.”

The short man with the tattoo steps forward. He eyes the throne for a few seconds, then nods his head. All three of the men disappear into thin air and our screen goes black.

We cut to Charles Barkley, dressed in a flowing red dress, long golden hair cascading down his back. He is sipping wine from a goblet and standing on a balcony of the highest tower of the Red Keep. Behind him, Andrei Kirilenko walks up and hands him a scroll. A slow grin starts to spread across Barkley’s face as he reads the scroll. He walks inside the tower and burns the paper in the fire.

Charles Barkley: “So, my old friend Shaq is sending assassins from the No Evil guild. Just as we predicted. House Kinoa1 may have a slight lead in the standings, but Shaq doesn’t have Dwyane Wade or Kobe Bryant to carry him up and down the court this time. He is getting desperate.”

Andrei Kirilenko: “Your Grace, what would you like us to do about the assassins?”

Charles Barkley: “I received a raven the other day. The letter was unsigned. It told me things about myself that no one could possibly know. It said I was the worst three point shooter in NBA history and that I kissed Dick Bevetta on the lips. It told me the secret to defeating House Gerryred and the No Evil Guild. Get out the brooms.”

We cut to Hakeem Olajuwon and Julius Erving, drabbed in black Night’s Watch cloaks. They are walking North of the Wall and discussing the SAVAGE crown. Snow is falling in sheets around them.

Hakeem Olajuwon: “They say it is between pex or kinoa, but we just need two more championships than them. World 3 is ours. We have to upset kinoa in World 1 and then just take care of business here in World 2. Then the crown will be ours for House benhoidal.”

Julius Erving: “Don’t sleep on dBKC. He’s on a tear. What is it that they say in Winterfell? ‘The Beard is Coming?’”

Hakeem Olajuwon: “I am not scared of facial hair. I am the only Houstonian legend. Wait, where are our horses? They’ve vanished like James Harden in a meaningful playoff game.”

Julius Erving: “Wh-wh-what’s that?”

Upon a hill in the distance a shadowy outline of a figure can be seen. The only distinguishable feature is its eyes. They are bright blue and can be seen clearly even at a distance.

Hakeem Olajuwon: “Is that… is that Alonzo Mourning? Zo, did you want me to teach you those post moves again?”

Hakeem looks over at Erving but the Doctor is staring over the Dream’s shoulder, frozen in terror. Hakeem turns around and we see an icy Rudy Gobert standing over them with piercing blue eyes and icicles frozen to his beard. His hand is holding a great long broom and with one sweep, Erving is lying on the ground in two. Hakeem stumbles away in terror. He keeps turning his head back as he runs and he scrambles right into something large and unmoving. As he backs up to look at whatever it is that he hit, the camera follows his gaze. We slowly see the form of an undead bear wearing a Rocket’s jersey, meat rotting off its corpse. It’s Clutch, the mascot. A hooded rider dismounts and as he takes off his hood, we see the piercing icy blue eyes of James Harden. The camera flips to Hakeem Olajuwon’s trembling lip and then back to Harden. As we zoom in on his icy beard, three ice snakes slither out. They inch towards the camera and as they lash out, our image goes black.

We hear the roaring sound of a crowd cheering and we fade into the Great Fighting Pit of Daznak in the heart of Meereen. We see the bodies of jcred5, gerryred, copernicus, robusk, and mptrey strewn on the ground. Standing over them we see the remaining fighters: longtallbrad, dh555, benhoidal, dBKC, pexetera, and kinoa1.

We fade to black as white block letters take over the screen: GAME OF ZONES.
8/4/2020 2:18 PM
how hard did you laugh writing that? awesome
8/4/2020 2:38 PM
Omg the part about the ship and when Ash is looking for his opponent: gold
8/4/2020 2:46 PM
My favorite was brad standing up & us realizing he had just been asleep. I snorted at that.

also, picturing shaq in that blue dress emilia clarke wore for like 3 seasons was ... all of the shaq stuff was ... hell, all of it. So on point.
8/4/2020 2:51 PM
Yeah, all the Shaq stuff was perfect. Also "that’s one of the flat ones " was a great line. I equally loved "Lord robusk promised me a load management day.”

It was the first time I ever sat players in the playoffs and it felt terrible.
8/4/2020 3:51 PM
Great job Ben! I laughed out loud at the quinoa line.
8/4/2020 4:32 PM
Posted by dBKC on 8/4/2020 2:46:00 PM (view original):
Omg the part about the ship and when Ash is looking for his opponent: gold
Yeah this was really good. For y'all that didn't watch the show, this guy planned this invasion & knew a secret way into the keep. They went through all of this trouble to get in secretly but only found a handful of guards there - enough to make it look well defended from outside the walls. Meanwhile, that army had snuck away via ship and launched an invasion on another city, one that controlled a big part of the grain supply.
8/4/2020 4:47 PM
◂ Prev 1...18|19|20|21|22 Next ▸
WhatIF I told you... Documentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.