newb question about playoffs Topic

Hi All

First league for all of us (me and 11 friends) in a custom league.

How do the playoffs work?

Is there a day off between the regular season and the playoffs? Specifically in terms of rotations, should the 2 guys playing in the world series rest their starting pitchers the last few days of the season? Also, if they had a 4 man rotation during the season, can they get away with a 3 man rotations? Same for a 5 man rotation team, can they get away with a 4 man rotation? Since we're 12 team league, its only one best of 7 series.

All help appreciated.

Roger
6/20/2020 8:16 PM
I just had a playoff scheduled and it looks like four cycles will be skipped. The season ended with the 6/20 pm2 cycle and the playoffs start 6/22 pm.

Getting rested for the playoffs is wise if you are able. Someone else can add a correction if I'm not quite right, but I believe playoff games are handled fatigue-wise as an extension of the regular season, i.e. games 163,164,165 etc. You are not awarded any additional rest before the playoffs start. You are only awarded rest after a playoff series if you win your series in fewer games than your next round opponent (sounds like this won't apply to your league). A minimum of 90% of your regular season allotted PAs or IPs(technically alloted pitches) are assumed to be used up, so there is no point in "saving up" PAs and IPs below 90% usage.

I don't know if that 90% is 90% of their drafted PAs and IPs or 90% of the 110% allotment each player receives after being drafted. Maybe someone can speak to that.
6/21/2020 12:35 AM
newb question about playoffs Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.