DDL 26 (Decade Draft League)--DONE Topic

For all you returning guys, you know how this works. For the NEW GUYS, there are "DESIGNATED SCRUBS" that you can use, if you are sick and tired of drafting and you already have enough minutes with your first 8 picks. They are totally optional. You may use 1, 2, 3 or all four scrubs if you want to. OR, you don't have to use ANY of them if you don't want to (my personal choice). They are, as the name suggests, "SCRUBS", and intentionally chosen to be bad, and you won't and shouldn't want to actually PLAY them, but you may if you want to. If anyone wants to use these designated scrubs, they are:

PG/SG 75-76 Phil Lumpkin
SG/SF 77-78 Greg Griffin
SF/PF 69-70 Wally Anderzunas
PF/C 75-76 Al Carlson

PLEASE NOTIFY ON THE DRAFT THREAD IF AND WHEN YOU ARE USING SCRUBS!!!
7/6/2020 9:58 PM
This is where I wish we could skip to dBKC....as many of you know, I hate it when those on the turn hamstring the process of the draft, knowing they cannot be skipped. I just don't feel it's fair when the rest of us can be skipped, but if you are at the end of a round, you can't, and I think some may take advantage of that. Oh well....it is what it is.

I would actually like to appeal to smokey, our great league founder, here. smokey, how about this.....if there is an instance like this, in the future, if the last guy in a round (or in THIS case, the last TWO guys) have NOT picked their final pick of the previous round by MIDNIGHT ET, then the next available owner in the following round CAN make their pick in that next round, thus skipping the owners who have not picked. Thoughts? Pluses/Minuses?

It just sucks that there isn't a penalty for this situation. If you are pick 15 in a round, and you get skipped by five hours, you miss out on at least a DOZEN players! If you are samyork or soxyanks and you miss your pick by five hours, you don't miss out on ANY players! Just not fair IMO, but I don't know how we can rectify it..
7/7/2020 2:18 AM (edited)
I'm a few days late with this notice, but

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOMCAT FOR WINNING HIS 1ST DDL TITLE IN DDL 25!!!
7/7/2020 4:37 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
sorry to hold up the draft. I didnt send a proxy bc having two picks or in this case 3 makes the picking process more complicated then just sending a list of guys. Here are my picks

Walt Simon
Goo Kennedy
James Hardy
7/7/2020 7:00 AM (edited)
I think that could’ve been worded better amerk. I see your point though.
7/7/2020 7:53 AM
Posted by soxyanks12 on 7/7/2020 5:36:00 AM (view original):
I will take the damn scrubs so I'm not the ruin of someone's life because I can't pick until the wee hours because of my schedule. I take issue with being accused of doing it on purpose. In fact I've never been in a timed draft where people wait for missed picks. At any rate apologies to the group for being a horrible person and destroying all of your lives.
You didn’t bother me any - don’t worry about it. Go ahead and make your missed picks at any time if you don’t want the scrubs. I’m sure no one will mind.
7/7/2020 8:13 AM
Michael Ray Richardson
Nate Williams
7/7/2020 8:13 AM
Posted by dBKC on 7/7/2020 8:13:00 AM (view original):
Posted by soxyanks12 on 7/7/2020 5:36:00 AM (view original):
I will take the damn scrubs so I'm not the ruin of someone's life because I can't pick until the wee hours because of my schedule. I take issue with being accused of doing it on purpose. In fact I've never been in a timed draft where people wait for missed picks. At any rate apologies to the group for being a horrible person and destroying all of your lives.
You didn’t bother me any - don’t worry about it. Go ahead and make your missed picks at any time if you don’t want the scrubs. I’m sure no one will mind.
Thanks dB
im gonna have to pick since I'm under 19k minutes (not that this team will have a shot at the playoffs) working on em.
7/7/2020 8:35 AM
Fred Crawford
Dave Lattin
Glenn Gondrezick
7/7/2020 8:59 AM
John Block
Charles Dudley
7/7/2020 9:13 AM
I don't think that message was directed at you anyway Sox. There's already a process in place to skip you at 9:30 and go on to Sam. Sam could have picked at any time after 9:30 without you being the holdup at all. So when the message was left at 2am, it wasn't even your turn. You were already skipped, yet still could have selected at any time.

Amerk's message was poorly worded, but trying to communicate that it's really incumbent on the last pick of the day (sam, in this case) to make his picks or leave a proxy so other owners can get a head start on the next day if they want to. I think most draft schedules are set up to be understanding of the fact that it's not reasonable to expect owners to make picks through the night or on holidays. (otherwise draft schedules would continue around the clock!) And I also understand why Sam wouldn't have left a proxy when he needed to make 3 picks since each pick influences the next decision.

It's hard to be the league commish, it's like herding cats with all the responsibilities of being CEO of a major corporation.
7/7/2020 10:56 AM (edited)
Posted by pexetera on 7/7/2020 10:56:00 AM (view original):
I don't think that message was directed at you anyway Sox. There's already a process in place to skip you at 9:30 and go on to Sam. Sam could have picked at any time after 9:30 without you being the holdup at all. So when the message was left at 2am, it wasn't even your turn. You were already skipped, yet still could have selected at any time.

Amerk's message was poorly worded, but trying to communicate that it's really incumbent on the last pick of the day (sam, in this case) to make his picks or leave a proxy so other owners can get a head start on the next day if they want to. I think most draft schedules are set up to be understanding of the fact that it's not reasonable to expect owners to make picks through the night or on holidays. (otherwise draft schedules would continue around the clock!) And I also understand why Sam wouldn't have left a proxy when he needed to make 3 picks since each pick influences the next decision.

It's hard to be the league commish, it's like herding cats with all the responsibilities of being CEO of a major corporation.
Well said
7/7/2020 11:20 AM
Jack Marin
Tom Owens
7/7/2020 11:32 AM
Tom Henderson
Mel counts
7/7/2020 11:44 AM
◂ Prev 1...23|24|25|26|27...31 Next ▸
DDL 26 (Decade Draft League)--DONE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.