Scattergories S8 - draft resumed Topic

ronsouth1 will be sticking around.

This league really isn't conducive to having two teams. Better to have 24 separate people.
7/1/2020 3:00 AM
I tried to keep my optimism to myself throughout the last draft, but I was really happy to land the stellar backcourt of Wade and Frazier in the first round and by the end of the draft I thought I had a chance at contending. Not off to a delightful start this time. My two best players play the same position.
7/1/2020 9:10 AM
Two left. Could be posted early
7/2/2020 5:03 PM
Posted by bds9992 on 7/2/2020 5:03:00 PM (view original):
SM and tell them to hurry up
7/2/2020 9:30 PM
Posted by cea8010 on 7/2/2020 9:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bds9992 on 7/2/2020 5:03:00 PM (view original):
SM and tell them to hurry up
Yeah, let's get the weeping and wailing over with.
7/3/2020 8:14 AM
By the way, we're off the clock tomorrow. 72 hours for R3
7/3/2020 11:52 AM
At least tell us who the stragglers are.
7/3/2020 1:59 PM
I’ve got a very silly thing going here.
7/3/2020 6:35 PM
Is the Isiah Thomas drafted Pistons or Celtics (among others)?
7/3/2020 6:56 PM
Posted by Sephy13 on 7/3/2020 6:56:00 PM (view original):
Is the Isiah Thomas drafted Pistons or Celtics (among others)?
Celtics
7/3/2020 7:00 PM
Jesus Christ. I didn't get anyone. This league has so much random luck built into it. I remember why I bailed after trying it once. Tried to chase away bad Savage mojo even though I knew I didn't like this format. It was clearly a mistake.
7/3/2020 8:00 PM
I passed up on players I was sure were going to get picked and selected lesser players instead. The lesser players were picked so I didn't get them, and the better players are still available. Uggh. So, let me get this.... Steph Curry and Wilt Chamberlain only get picked once and now Kevin McHale gets picked 10 times. This is one weird league. What is it testing exactly? cause it ain't drafting skill.
7/3/2020 8:10 PM
Feel your pain robusk...ugh...
7/3/2020 8:10 PM
Posted by pexetera on 7/3/2020 8:10:00 PM (view original):
I passed up on players I was sure were going to get picked and selected lesser players instead. The lesser players were picked so I didn't get them, and the better players are still available. Uggh. So, let me get this.... Steph Curry and Wilt Chamberlain only get picked once and now Kevin McHale gets picked 10 times. This is one weird league. What is it testing exactly? cause it ain't drafting skill.
Well, what is drafting skill? If you're talking about drafting one player at a time, then no. If you're talking about building a roster, then yes.

I have a database that gives me an average of how times a player would be picked in each round. The results aren't that surprising: people like defense, eFG%, usage, rebounding, and assists.

Obviously the trick is to find value outside of the usual suspects. To do that, you really have to know the SIM beyond draft league ADP. In a way, I think this tests drafting skill even more than a normal draft, because you don't have slotted picks to fall back on or the ability to trade down if you're in a pinch. This league is about value. I still see plenty of it.

(Amazingly, I just thought of a normal draft league guy who hasn't been taken yet)
7/3/2020 8:21 PM (edited)
I mean, of course McHale should get taken 10 times in Round 2. The real question is why didn't anyone take him in Round 1? (This is rhetorical, it's obviously because of his rebounding)
7/3/2020 8:22 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9|10 Next ▸
Scattergories S8 - draft resumed Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.