Hey Trump defenders Topic

Posted by all3 on 7/2/2020 4:21:00 PM (view original):
Americans are also the most stubborn group of people in the World. Now, and at the height of the pandemic, tons of people could be seen walking-around without masks and not taking other precautions. That's not on the Government, that's on the people, and their piers who allow it. That isn't the case in almost every other Country.

As far as the virus "going away", I actually had a Doctor tell me the same thing about a week ago. Our bodies will develop resistance over time. How long that time is, nobody knows.
yes, Americans are stubborn, but if you think Trump's constant downplaying of the virus does not have an effect, you are deluding yourself. I'd also be willing to bet (without too much in the way of evidence) that a majority of the people who won't wear masks are Trump supporters.
7/2/2020 7:03 PM
Americans are also the most stubborn group of people in the World. Now, and at the height of the pandemic, tons of people could be seen walking-around without masks and not taking other precautions. That's not on the Government, that's on the people, and their piers who allow it. That isn't the case in almost every other Country.

As far as the virus "going away", I actually had a Doctor tell me the same thing about a week ago. Our bodies will develop resistance over time. How long that time is, nobody knows.
Your body only develops resistance when it gets sick. You aren't getting antibodies from your mom for a virus that didn't exist when you were born.

If your best solution is to just wait until herd immunity develops a lot of people are going to die.
7/2/2020 10:04 PM
a lot of people have already died, and its looking like a lot more will join them.
7/2/2020 11:05 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 7/2/2020 7:03:00 PM (view original):

yes, Americans are stubborn, but if you think Trump's constant downplaying of the virus does not have an effect, you are deluding yourself. I'd also be willing to bet (without too much in the way of evidence) that a majority of the people who won't wear masks are Trump supporters.
Many of the people I see without masks are younger (20s and 30s) Black and Hispanic people, so I kind of doubt they are Trump supporters. The "old" white people I see are much better about wearing them. This may not be the case Country-wide, but keep making wrong assumptions. It's fun to discredit them.
7/3/2020 11:19 AM (edited)
Posted by dahsdebater on 7/2/2020 10:04:00 PM (view original):

Your body only develops resistance when it gets sick. You aren't getting antibodies from your mom for a virus that didn't exist when you were born.

If your best solution is to just wait until herd immunity develops a lot of people are going to die.
Wow, twist other people's words much? Who said it was the best solution, or even a solution at all?
Forgive me if I take the word of a well-respected local Doctor over some random post on a sports site when it comes to medical issues.
7/3/2020 9:34 AM
You're right, I'm just a Ph.D. chemist. But my mom is a medical doctor. My dad is a medical doctor. My aunt is a medical doctor. My wife is an infectious disease epidemiologist. So maybe I talk to some people who might know some things.

If we care more about credentials than widely-available knowledge.
7/3/2020 10:32 AM
Posted by all3 on 7/3/2020 9:31:00 AM (view original):

Many of the people I see without masks are younger (20s and 30s) Black and Hispanic people, so I kind of doubt they are Trump supporters. The "old" whit people i see are much better about wearing them. This may not be the case Country-wide, but keep making wrong assumptions. It's fun to discredit them.
Do you know what discredit means? Because dubious anecdotes ain’t it.

And Trump’s constant downplaying obviously has an effect.
7/3/2020 10:48 AM (edited)
So now Trump-haters listen to him and/or follow his lead? Wow, you guys really are unbelievable.
7/3/2020 11:21 AM
No, but Trump supporters do. You can't dismiss this fact through anecdotes. Look at the Tulsa rally. No one in the building was wearing a mask. I wonder why?

I also wonder why cases have been skyrocketing in Republican strongholds, while falling in Democratic ones. Couldn't have anything to do with the seriousness of the virus being demonstrated.

God, you are such a partisan.
7/3/2020 11:40 AM
Posted by all3 on 7/3/2020 11:19:00 AM (view original):

Many of the people I see without masks are younger (20s and 30s) Black and Hispanic people, so I kind of doubt they are Trump supporters. The "old" white people I see are much better about wearing them. This may not be the case Country-wide, but keep making wrong assumptions. It's fun to discredit them.
So, my assumptions are wrong based on what you see? Well, in my experience, most of the people I have seen or talked to who will not wear masks have been Trump supporters, so I guess that makes your assumptions just as wrong as mine are. In both cases I'd say it is a very small sample sign. My assumption is no more discredited than yours.
7/3/2020 12:13 PM
Posted by dahsdebater on 7/3/2020 10:33:00 AM (view original):
You're right, I'm just a Ph.D. chemist. But my mom is a medical doctor. My dad is a medical doctor. My aunt is a medical doctor. My wife is an infectious disease epidemiologist. So maybe I talk to some people who might know some things.

If we care more about credentials than widely-available knowledge.
dahs, you haven't realized by now that if you disagree with something all3 says, you are either a Trump hater, a liar or believing fake news.  Doesn't matter who you are, what you do, or who you know.  If it goes against all3's beliefs, it is wrong.
7/3/2020 12:16 PM
Posted by all3 on 7/3/2020 11:21:00 AM (view original):
So now Trump-haters listen to him and/or follow his lead? Wow, you guys really are unbelievable.
who said anything about what you call trump haters listening to him? They don't. But many of his supporters do.
7/3/2020 12:17 PM
Don't you get it, wylie? All3 saw a couple of millennials going out without masks, which means that by and large, Trump haters are the ones breaking the rules!

All3 is very smart.
7/3/2020 1:10 PM
Moy, Hannity, and Tucker are almost embarrassed by all3
7/3/2020 2:41 PM
Posted by tangplay on 7/3/2020 1:10:00 PM (view original):
Don't you get it, wylie? All3 saw a couple of millennials going out without masks, which means that by and large, Trump haters are the ones breaking the rules!

All3 is very smart.
sounds a lot like when cccp used to say but I have two black friends who say racism doesn't exist!
7/3/2020 2:54 PM
◂ Prev 12
Hey Trump defenders Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.