Complaints About Minutes Topic

I've got a freshman complaining about the minutes he's getting. He wasn't promised any minutes, and I'm not planning to make any changes to try to get him more. He's basically my 12th guy now, and only projects to be a serviceable bench player for four years on my team should he stay.

If he leaves, will it hurt my reputation at all? And will I get recruiting resources? My guesses are no and no, but I thought I'd ask anyways.
7/4/2020 10:51 PM
I find it strange that a freshman which received no promise of play time during recruiting would actually send a site-mail complaining about not receiving enough. But if he does leave (which I doubt assuming there was no promise), then you might get a slight decrease in reputation (it may not even register since reputation is shown as a letter grade)..

From the FAQ:

Q: What can cause my reputation to change? And how long does it take to recover?
A: Several actions can affect your reputation:

- you are investigated for recruiting violations
- you rescind a player's scholarship
- you break promises
- a player quits
- a player is declared academically ineligible

The rate at which you can improve your reputation slows as you near the top. For example, you may go from a C to a B quickly, but it’s more difficult to reach the A or A+ level.

As for the answer to you second question, since you recruited the player yourself, and he leaves on his own accord (and wasn't cut), I would think you would get full resources for the spot *but* if they consider his leaving was on an unfulfilled promise, then you would only get half.

Again from the FAQ:

Q: What resources do I get for recruiting?
A:

Your recruiting resources are based on how many scholarships you have open and the division you are in. You're given separate budgets for each scouting and recruiting

Scouting:
Division 1: 35K + 4K per Opening
Division 2: 25K + 3K per Opening
Division 3: 15K + 2K per Opening

Recruiting:
Division 1: 5K + 3K per Opening
Division 2: 3K + 2K per Opening
Division 3: 1K + 1K per Opening

Recruiting Attention Points:
20 + 20 per Opening

Note: The max number of openings considered for resources is 6 open scholarships. If, for example, you have 8 open scholarships you would still receive the same amount of resources as if you had 6 open scholarships.

You only get half of the resources for a scholarship opened due to an unfulfilled promise. Also, you will not get resources for rescinding the scholarship of a player you recruited.

7/5/2020 12:09 PM
Yes, yes to be short. Agree with Buddha.
7/5/2020 12:13 PM
I’ve never heard of a freshman in 3.0 complaining about minutes when no promises were made. Sophomores who were ineligible as freshmen, and in their first season of eligibility, will often complain if they don’t get enough minutes; but even redshirted freshmen will ride the pine all year without a peep, in my experience.

I’d double check the recruiting history tab to make sure there were no promises, and if so, send in a ticket. It’s possible a small change was made unannounced. It’s also possible there has always been a *small* chance that freshmen complain without promises in 3.0, and I’ve just never seen it, although I doubt it. Either way, I really doubt the player leaves, if there were no promises made.
7/5/2020 12:34 PM (edited)
agree with shoe
7/5/2020 1:02 PM
Agree with fd
7/5/2020 1:57 PM
An update on this. Bad information on my part. He's not a freshman, but he's a sophomore transfer that I picked up late in RS2 last season. I'm D1, he transferred from a D2 school.

He got 8.6 MPG last season from his old school, getting 5.9 MPG this season from me. No promises were made.
7/7/2020 6:51 AM
That makes total sense. Some sophs will complain at 6 MPG.

I have not studied whether complaints are more likely if minutes decline. They are surely not inevitable in that case - but could be that it increases the odds.

If you want to keep him, give him some more minutes....but I think the odds of departure even if you dont are likely low. BUT every player is different and he could leave
7/7/2020 8:20 AM
Posted by fd343ny on 7/7/2020 8:20:00 AM (view original):
That makes total sense. Some sophs will complain at 6 MPG.

I have not studied whether complaints are more likely if minutes decline. They are surely not inevitable in that case - but could be that it increases the odds.

If you want to keep him, give him some more minutes....but I think the odds of departure even if you dont are likely low. BUT every player is different and he could leave
If no promises were made for this year, I don’t think he’s going to leave. Lots of folks have tried to get guys like this to leave, and it just never happens (that I know of) in 3.0. If there is a chance that he leaves, it’s tiny, and probably not worth considering.

If you want to get that WE back though, just aim for the number he mentions moving forward, and he’ll start recovering. I really never worry about it, unless he has lots of potential in places I need him to develop.
7/7/2020 10:32 AM
Complaints About Minutes Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.