What is your end goal? Topic

I'm curious what your utopian society, perhaps hundreds of years down the line (if humanity makes it that far) would look like. Specifically, how would we be governed. Would we be governed? Through what economic system?

I think long (long)-term, something like an anarcho-communist society would probably make sense.
7/5/2020 11:40 PM
An actualized version of the declaration of independence and constituition for all people, and supreme court rulings minus Citizens United, never hearing another word about abortion because it's settled, and Eisenhower tax rates. No Fox News or Facebook or reality TV. MTV playing music videos. Nazis and white supremacists in hiding where they belong. Bad faith Ben Shapiro ******** not able to make the level of income they do. Joe Rogan fading away after NewsRadio. Giving people a second chance or third chance if they make an honest mistake. Hillary getting the credit she deserves. NCAA athletes being paid, but colleges focused more on academics - the entire education system more focused on academics. People keeping their religion to themselves and out of politics, which dovetails into the whole Middle East to stop being dicks. Not having some dip tell me I'm an idiot for saying "yeah, it's bad Trump is clearly beholden to Putin." Every person able to do what they please as long as they don't hurt anyone else. And for the entire population to give more of a **** about the planet.

And the Minnesota Timberwolves getting a break from the refs one time.
7/6/2020 12:12 AM
You had me until "Hillary getting the credit she deserves."
7/6/2020 12:28 AM
Posted by tangplay on 7/6/2020 12:28:00 AM (view original):
You had me until "Hillary getting the credit she deserves."
Wake me up when the Clinton foundation is fined. If either of my daughters become half the woman she is they did well.

Forgot to add regulating Wall Street and corporations in favor of workers.
7/6/2020 12:36 AM
Clinton wasn't anti-wall street *eyeroll*. And she was no populist, either.

Ultimately, she lost to Trump. That's damning. The blame falls on her more than anyone else. The election should have been a landslide.
7/6/2020 12:40 AM
Posted by tangplay on 7/6/2020 12:40:00 AM (view original):
Clinton wasn't anti-wall street *eyeroll*. And she was no populist, either.

Ultimately, she lost to Trump. That's damning. The blame falls on her more than anyone else. The election should have been a landslide.
1. The wall street comment was mine.
2. No, it's damning of us, of America, that she lost to Trump. Oh, and she got 3m more votes, so.
3. I cant believe after the past 4 years anyone could still make the "it should've been a landslide" comment. Oh really? Yeah. It should've been but maybe check the country again.
4. I say all of that in my post and you wanna make this a Hillary thing. Of course. Hence why I debated saying it, knew I shouldn't, and left it in anyway. Yeah, she's the problem, got it.
7/6/2020 12:56 AM
I agree with the majority of your post. The Hillary thing is irrelevant anyway. She isn't President, and never will be President. She failed because she was a bad candidate. That's on her.
7/6/2020 1:10 AM
That's partly true, maybe BUT, she "failed" because the voters didn't "trust" her or like her enough. That's partly on her but mostly on the voters.
Did we "like" Nixon? How about Goldwater..........did we like him? The answer in both cases is most folks didn't "like" them. Goldwater lost in a landslide and probably SHOULD have won..............he was way ahead of his time, and got very effectively "branded" by the opponents. In Nixon's case almost NO one "liked" him but millions of folks voted for him anyway.

HRC was damaged goods by the time she ran for POTUS the 1st time -- (when running vs. Obama) ---- 8 years later she was a tired, OLD candidate ---- our version of A. Merkel BUT without the incumbency, and thus not electable! I told everyone I could get to stop long enough to hear me that she would lose! To anyone!

This animosity is NOT fair, mind you----------but it IS!
HRC ended up the scapegoat for all things "bad" that happened under Bill (dog) Clinton.
Too bad, and (again!) unfair, but it IS what it is!
Here's my prob.
There is also a fair amount of animosity towards Joe Biden.

I HOPE not so much!
7/6/2020 8:59 AM
I'll be happy if everyone gets the same rights, regardless of their race, religion or sexual preferences. As far as how we are governed? Maybe by people who have the best interests of the country at heart instead of their own best interests.
7/6/2020 2:32 PM
What is your end goal? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.