Scat S8 Commentary Topic

Figured it was about time for a separate commentary thread.

If anyone wants to write evals, by all means go ahead.
7/6/2020 5:04 PM
This draft seems more brutal than the previous one. Fewer gems grabbed in the first couple rounds.
7/7/2020 10:30 AM
Posted by longtallbrad on 7/7/2020 10:30:00 AM (view original):
This draft seems more brutal than the previous one. Fewer gems grabbed in the first couple rounds.
In Round 1 of Season 7 we averaged 7.92 conflicts per ballot. In this Round 1 we averaged 8.67 conflicts per ballot. Especially at the beginning of the game, that makes a big difference and leads to more conflicts later/a longer game.
7/8/2020 12:53 PM
From having never played this league before, to getting a smail suggesting I may become instant champion, to losing all my 1st round front court from just one other ballot, to striking out a lot in Round 2 and 3...it's been a ride! I'm really curious to see Ben's team once it's entered as I'm not familiar with most of those player's seasons (although I'm sure they all shoot plenty of 3s). Round 3 definitely seemed like the round to switch to a defensive focus, I wondered if that was common in past drafts. Definitely wish I'd thrown a couple of D guys into my round 2 picks.
7/8/2020 3:01 PM
I'm striking out a lot too. Seems like I have to go to players I really don't want in order to get anyone. Can't decide if that's just cause ya'll are all excellent at this, or what. Good luck in the next round I guess. FYI... there were a total of 44 guys who were eliminated in round 1 from just one other ballot, so it's not unusual.
7/8/2020 7:28 PM
Yeah, the way things went down kind of killed the anonymity aspect of our lists. You ended up just having to flat out post yours and everyone knows I put in for 3 guys I didn't end up getting. Oh well...the league is definitely more interesting because of it.
7/8/2020 7:50 PM
My team is complete garbage this season but I’m going to try to make the playoffs. I feel like I’m a better GM than coach so maybe this will help get my experience up there.

One roster spot left:

Kevin Johnson/Isaiah Thomas
Doug Christie/Jon Barry
Detlef Scrempf/Amir Johnson/Hot Rod
John Collins/Marvin Bagley
Jeff Ruland/Brook Lopez/Hot Rod

That lineup gives me the 75% assist% bump to go with good eFG% but also has horrible D. Might go with Hot Rod at starting SF if that doesn’t work. Might double down on the bad D and plug in Isaiah to the starting lineup.

Either way, I’m already ready for S9...
7/8/2020 11:03 PM
Whoops, I was on the phone and totally dropped the ball.

Round 5 coming up now
7/10/2020 9:48 PM
My team can defend and shoot the lights out, but it definitely cannot rebound or pass.
7/10/2020 10:54 PM
Scat S8 Commentary Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.