Savage II Commentary Thread Topic

In my lifetime, Tayshaun's chasedown on Reggie and LeBron's chasedown on Iggy, I would still rank over Bam's but it's not like it isn't close. That was an AMAZING block.
9/15/2020 10:01 PM
The actual block was better for Bam, but the most important block is easily LeBron’s. Nothing even comes close.
9/15/2020 10:26 PM
I just came here to post similar sentiments. Second best block after the LeBron chasedown for like the last decade or two? Tatum was coming in with such pace and the ball was already partway over the cylinder. I have no idea how he pulled that off.
9/15/2020 10:34 PM
good call on the Bron-Iggy-Chasedown.

That sounds like a drink. What would go in a Bron Iggy Chasedown?
9/15/2020 10:54 PM
9/15/2020 10:55 PM
Yes, LeBron - Iguodala block was big -
and on a bigger stage than Conf. Finals... (good pull on that by mptrey)
https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?fr=yhs-pty-pty_weather&hsimp=yhs-pty_weather&hspart=pty&p=james+block+iguodala#action=view&id=2&vid=8fb6186aec9509ed275c9272013b229f

I think that step in importance (FInals v E. Conference game 1) might give LeBron block an edge...

but there was near 2 minutes left and a tie game... Iguodala blocked after double pumping vs a Lebron teammate
and it was a chase down
vs
powerful dunk attempt at the rim - potential wrist breaker
2 seconds with only a 2 point lead...

but hey - Lebron on Igy - Taysean chase down or Bam at the rim... those blocks...good stuff...good stuff....smh

its like gettin laid,
It was all pretty exciting, and I dont have to worry about my wifes opinion

(disclaimer: that joke was yet another, in a string of MANY that were in BAD TASTE -
I apologize to my wife and family for joking about sex out of wedlock -
and I apologize to some of my peers here at WIS that may have sensativities to that type of humor)

9/15/2020 10:57 PM
Excellent playoffs so far. Out of the team's left, probably cheering for BOS, but Miami is so confident and versatile.
On a side-note, I don't know if anyone here collects b-ball cards. I haven't bought any in over a year, still have a sizeable collection. Anyways, I bought a box of NT and pulled Jamal Murray's 1/1 rookie auto Logoman and sold it early in his sophomore season. I can only imagine it's worth so much more now, and I made a nice chunk off of it. Randomly remembered it during this gm7, kind of wishing I kept it now.
(For anyone wondering, a rookie auto Logoman of a good player is a big get. It has the NBA Logo cut from the player's jersey ((usually game-worn, sometimes rookie photo-shoot-worn)) set in the card, with an autograph, and 1/1 means it the only one of a particular card to exist).

9/15/2020 11:04 PM
You have to fire Doc. Publicly. In the bubble. Nsne Ty Lue the interm. Now.
9/15/2020 11:35 PM
Posted by jhsukow on 9/15/2020 11:35:00 PM (view original):
Doc is real bad man.
9/16/2020 12:46 AM
3 consecutive 1-4's. I'm cooked.
9/16/2020 1:57 AM
I drafted Jokic so this is great karma for my Savage team. Credit to Denver. Hard to put this on Kawhi, a 2-time finals MVP is not a choker. Paul George on the other hand.... 4 rebounds, 2 assists, and 10 points in 38 minutes is not great. Doc is a coach of the year with a ring, but 0-6 in closeout games last couple years is not a good look. How about more Lou and Montrezl if you need scoring, and Zubac only played 14 minutes.
9/16/2020 4:57 AM
Posted by ashamael on 9/15/2020 10:54:00 PM (view original):
good call on the Bron-Iggy-Chasedown.

That sounds like a drink. What would go in a Bron Iggy Chasedown?
The "Bam Bam" is already a drink. Sprite and Tequila.

"The Iggy" is sweet vermouth, grapefruit juice, salty rim.
chased down by...
"The King" is Crown Royal black, blood orange liqueur, black lime syrup
9/16/2020 5:09 AM
Doc Rivers 0-8 in game 7s. Next worst all time is 0-5

with that raspy voice - I bet he sucks at Karaoke...

was wondering if Tree Rollins ever bit HIS finger...
Like in a practise scrum... or maybe at a team meal
9/16/2020 7:37 AM
Posted by robusk on 9/16/2020 12:46:00 AM (view original):
Posted by jhsukow on 9/15/2020 11:35:00 PM (view original):
Doc is real bad man.
“The clippers don’t seem to understand the advantages they have”

Zach Lowe on the G7 preview pod
9/16/2020 10:01 AM
Posted by cmcafeeky on 9/16/2020 7:37:00 AM (view original):
Doc Rivers 0-8 in game 7s. Next worst all time is 0-5

with that raspy voice - I bet he sucks at Karaoke...

was wondering if Tree Rollins ever bit HIS finger...
Like in a practise scrum... or maybe at a team meal
Ha! I thought I was the only person on this site who remembered that class Tree-Ainge fight. Danny was on the injury list for a few games due to a "severely bitten finger."
9/16/2020 10:14 AM
◂ Prev 1...104|105|106|107|108...132 Next ▸
Savage II Commentary Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.