FBD's 2000th Team Celebration ~The Party's Started Topic

By the time this league fills I will have entered my 2000th Sim League Baseball team. I have 1989 teams now and 12 more waiting to fill. I know 2000 is a lot. I am sure plenty have had more through the years but 2000 is still a cool milestone.

How did I do it? I joined this site in 2005. In 15 years I average almost 20 active teams at a time. I like drafting teams more than managing them. I usually draft enough AB's and IP's and spend a lot of time setting up my hierarchies and other settings. Then the teams pretty much run themselves. I concentrate on the teams that have the best chance of making the playoffs.

A better question is why do you do it. I love baseball and have from a young age. I started collecting baseball cards off of cereal boxes when I was 6 years old and never stopped. I have owned every baseball simulation board and computer game ever made. I was making my own Stastis Pro Baseball cards and recreated hundreds of seasons. I kept all the league stats on a spread sheet on my PC and then I discovered WhatIfSports. It was love at first sight. I finally threw away my old Statis Pro cards a couple years ago (Three banana boxes filled with about 30 shoe boxes full of cards)

I don't even want to think about how much I have spent. All I can say is this my only hobby. I have been single since my 2nd divorce 30 years ago. I haven't had a girl friend or been on a date since the turn of last century. I live for free in a solar powered dome next door to my oldest daughter and six of my 12 grandchildren. I only spend money on baseball teams and spoiling my grandkids.

NOW LET'S GET TO THE CELEBRATION
8/8/2020 12:21 PM (edited)
8/5/2020 5:04 PM
8/5/2020 5:10 PM (edited)
8/5/2020 5:09 PM
THE LEAGUE RULES
DRAFTING YOUR TEAM
1.) I joined this site in 2005.....draft 4 players from the year you joined.
2.) I was born in 1954.....draft 4 players from the year you were born.
3.) I was born in Michigan....draft 4 players born in the same state as you.
4.) I graduated Eureka High School in 1972....draft 4 players from the year you graduated (if you didn't or haven't go back to school)
5.) I have 4 younger brothers....draft any 4 MLB players who have a brother that was or is a MLB player
6.) My Dad taught me to love and respect the game of baseball. He was born in 1932 and passed away in January (not from the Corona virus).

6.) Pick 4 players from the year your Dad was born.
7.) Now for the final player....You will have 12 Above Average AAA players (no AAA pitchers) You must choose one and rename him Fatboy Dad54 and call him and only him up from the minor leagues.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
NOW 30 TEAM LEAGUE (more the merrier)
$120M cap
No DH
No Trades
No WW
No clones
12 Above Average AAA (only use 1)
Injuries turned on
Use a stadium you saw a MLB game in
ADDITIONAL AWARDS
World Series winner receives my founders bonus
Six-pack if your Fatboy Dad54 wins league MVP (not likely)

$10 gift certificate for Silver Slugger or Gold Glove Fatboys
$10 gift certificate for Fatboy with highest AVE
$10 gift certificate for Fatboy with most HR
$10 gift certificate for Fatboy with most RBI
Six-pack if Fatboy wins Triple Crown (hahaha)

Even if you don't sign up I hope stop and Say Hey (like Willie did). Post some of your Baseball and WiS memories
VIRTUAL CAKE FOR ALL THOSE WHO JOIN
NEW LEAGUE NUMBER

MLB129281
8/8/2020 12:25 PM (edited)
CELEBRATION ATTENDEES
1.) fatboydad54
2.) Bradsher
3.) Boddicker
4.) combalt
5,) 0soup4u
6.) d_rock97

7.) dlchow
8.) ybjsports
9.) lupah99
10.) Rattlers
11.) redcped
12.) jtvaughey
13.) dcates
14.) royhobbs99
15.) forte4him
16.) TBill7
17.) ejstockman
18.) toddcommish
19.) Tucker T's
20.) BCBSMA
21.) brucel
22.) fatguyrd
23.) ballsweatsux
24.) winnetka1
25.) dorkster
26.) MitchellBade
27.) cal8ss
28.) vilefileman
29.) midknight
30.) finn2030
8/9/2020 12:15 PM (edited)
Posted by Bradsher on 8/5/2020 5:16:00 PM (view original):
You're amazing. I am reluctant to jump in here, but here goes. I re-enacted games in my head using an all-star ballot I picked up at my first game and throwing a tennis ball at a strike zone on my grandmother's garage door. I collected a ton of baseball cards at the Safeway across the street. I never attached a baseball card to the spokes on my bike. Never. I enjoyed Earl Weaver Baseball years later. My friends had different games with wizards and goblins & I never could get into that. To me, this is about imagination. The photos on BBR. All that is gold to me. I have immensely enjoyed learning about figures in baseball history I knew nothing about.
My cousin and I would use box scores from the newspaper and a wiffleball and plastic bat to re-create games in my grandma's big backyard.
8/5/2020 6:18 PM
Posted by fatboydad54 on 8/5/2020 6:18:00 PM (view original):
You're amazing. I am reluctant to jump in here, but here goes. I re-enacted games in my head using an all-star ballot I picked up at my first game and throwing a tennis ball at a strike zone on my grandmother's garage door. I collected a ton of baseball cards at the Safeway across the street. I never attached a baseball card to the spokes on my bike. Never. I enjoyed Earl Weaver Baseball years later. My friends had different games with wizards and goblins & I never could get into that. To me, this is about imagination. The photos on BBR. All that is gold to me. I have immensely enjoyed learning about figures in baseball history I knew nothing about.
My cousin and I would use box scores from the newspaper and a wiffleball and plastic bat to re-create games in my grandma's big backyard.
Grandmas are great. I remember playing Wiffle Ball in the parking lot at Candlestick Park. I hit a fly ball that got pulled into a jet stream. It was awesome. Sign me up for this.
8/5/2020 6:29 PM
I joined WIFS in 2002.....I had a Razr phone back then. You kids don’t know what that is. I don’t have grandkids yet, but my kids are probably trying most nights to change that.....I’ve gotten friends to play and made more friends playing. My first
WIFS World Series win was a 7 game series where my real life best friend Tom Underwood got the win in relief. He’s since passed, but many warm memories remain.I’m not quite to 2000, I just passed 400 last month.
I love birthday cake....and I wouldn’t miss this party for anything.
Born 1965 in Connecticut
Grad 1983
Dad 1924
Join. 2002
Ballparks- Yankee, Shea, Camden Yards, Dodger Stadium, Marlins Park, Land Shark Miami, Citi Field, Petco, Fenway, Tropicana
8/6/2020 10:09 PM (edited)
Posted by Bradsher on 8/5/2020 6:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by fatboydad54 on 8/5/2020 6:18:00 PM (view original):
Grandmas are great. I remember playing Wiffle Ball in the parking lot at Candlestick Park. I hit a fly ball that got pulled into a jet stream. It was awesome. Sign me up for this.
First to sign on here is your Chocolate Cake

8/5/2020 9:23 PM
Posted by Boddicker on 8/5/2020 9:05:00 PM (view original):
I joined WIFS in 2002.....I had a Razr phone back then. You kids don’t know what that is. I don’t have grandkids yet, but my kids are probably trying most nights to change that.....I’ve gotten friends to play and made more friends playing. My first
WIFS World Series win was a 7 game series where my real life best friend Tom Underwood got the win in relief. He’s since passed, but many warm memories remain.I’m not quite to 2000, I just passed 400 last month.
I love birthday cake....and I wouldn’t miss this party for anything.
It's not my birthday but if it was my cake would look like this

8/5/2020 9:30 PM
Congrats but Specsman is at 4,480 and counting...for years he had 50-75 teams going at once.
8/5/2020 9:48 PM (edited)
Man ... living free in a solar powered dome sounds fun, and so does this league. Sign me up!

8/5/2020 10:18 PM
I’m interested. What’s the price range for Above Average AAA?
8/5/2020 10:18 PM
Posted by combalt on 8/5/2020 10:18:00 PM (view original):
Man ... living free in a solar powered dome sounds fun, and so does this league. Sign me up!

My son in law was born in it, His father and two older brothers built it in the 60s..they were genuine hippies.

Thanks for joining. Here is your virtual red velvet cake

8/6/2020 11:48 AM
1|2|3...8 Next ▸
FBD's 2000th Team Celebration ~The Party's Started Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.