Game of Zones - SAVAGE Season 2 Topic

Posted by ashamael on 10/11/2020 9:15:00 PM (view original):
ash, I gotta ask. How far into the episode did you get before you realized it was you?
10/11/2020 9:57 PM
Posted by benhoidal on 10/11/2020 9:57:00 PM (view original):
ash, I gotta ask. How far into the episode did you get before you realized it was you?
I suspected when the "all I have to do is get my four teams to win..." part but wasn't completely sure. The reaction to the most tournies comment made me pretty ******* sure. The part with "that other red priest" sealed it.
10/11/2020 11:36 PM
I really don't think I can overstate a couple thing Ben:
1) how cool it is you are doing these
2) how good you are at writing them
3) how organized your process is
4) how much it captures the source material

Really incredible stuff man. I think you uncovered a hidden talent.
10/11/2020 11:41 PM
There are a couple things every episode I don't quite understand and I am assuming it is a Game of Thrones thing. When I say source material, I mean Game of Zones which I am reasonably familiar with.
10/11/2020 11:42 PM
Posted by ashamael on 10/11/2020 11:36:00 PM (view original):
Posted by benhoidal on 10/11/2020 9:57:00 PM (view original):
I suspected when the "all I have to do is get my four teams to win..." part but wasn't completely sure. The reaction to the most tournies comment made me pretty ******* sure. The part with "that other red priest" sealed it.
I figured that would be the progression, at least for you. I am curious if other people figured it out before the red priest comment.
10/12/2020 7:11 AM
Posted by robusk on 10/11/2020 11:41:00 PM (view original):
I really don't think I can overstate a couple thing Ben:
1) how cool it is you are doing these
2) how good you are at writing them
3) how organized your process is
4) how much it captures the source material

Really incredible stuff man. I think you uncovered a hidden talent.
I appreciate it immensely! Having way more fun doing these things than I would have ever thought.

Im this episode, the fortress strongly resembles one of the castles in Westeros called ”Dragonstone.”

Also, you’re partly to blame for all of this writing. When you made that comment in Savage1 about how I hadn’t written anything in a few years, it inspired me to start doing it again. Was not anticipating all this though.
10/12/2020 7:17 AM
Rob is Ben's muse. Who'd a thunk it?
10/12/2020 4:27 PM
I had fun with all the season one writing but was happy to take a break this go around. Ben has probably written enough to fill a short novel at this point.
10/12/2020 5:14 PM
Season 2 - Episode 21: Heart of a Barracuda
Upon a dark background, white block letters say ‘PREVIOUSLY ON GAME OF ZONES’. The Os are filled in as though they are basketballs.

Scene opens to a great feast where Lord dh555 is addressing the Lords of the realm.

Lord dh555: “Lords, this tournament shall be like none other this realm has ever known. Preliminary rounds shall last six weeks. Then, we shall have five great final tournaments held, with the winners sparring off until only one remains. Whoever amongst you shall reign victorious shall be named the next King of the SAVAGE LANDS.”

Cut to a large room in a great fortress. Sir Anthony of Brow and Sir Bobby are talking to Lord benhoidal. A goblet materializes out of thin air and into Lord benhoidal’s hand. We see that it is filled to the brim with the green bubbly liquid from the largest of the three cauldrons behind him. He turns back around and hands it to Sir Anthony, who crinkles his nose in disgust.

Lord benhoidal: “This is why I have called you here today. Bring this goblet to our battle with Lord ashamael on the morrow. Have all of your knights drink deeply from it.”

Lord Anthony: “But My Lord, there isn’t enough for us all!”

Lord benhoidal: “Oh, you will find that this goblet is never empty as long as it is whole. Once you have all had your fill, victory will be found at the bottom.”

Cut to the stands around the main fighting courtyard. All of the lords who still have teams remaining are seated together.

In the back row on the far left is an empty chair with a name tag for Lord 20ks. We zoom in on the name tag.

The screen darkens to black and we see a disclaimer in white letters appear: ALL CHARACTERS AND EVENTS IN THIS CARTOON, EVEN THOSE BASED ON REAL PEOPLE, ARE FICTIONAL AND ALL VOICES ARE OBVIOUSLY IMPERSONATED. The letters disappear and new letters take its place: GAME OF ZONES. The Os are basketballs. These letters too disappear and a cartoon knight is seen dribbling a basketball between his legs next to new letters: SEASON 2 - EPISODE 21: Heart of a Barracuda

Scene opens to a lone funeral pyre boat on the shore of Blackwater Bay in King’s Landing. Inside the boat, resting on straw is a stoic figure. He is covered in a large blue quilt with a sizable silver barracuda in the center of it. Inside the barracuda sigil is a blue number twenty. On top of the quilt rests a great sword and a shield which also sports a barracuda and a number twenty as a crest. At the back of the pyre, a flag pole is set into the straw. The flag that sways at the top of the pole also carries the same crest. In the water behind the pyre, we see Sir Hakeem and Sir Oscar, clad in light armor, launch the small boat out to sea. They turn back to the shore where the rest of their team stands.

Sir Paul George steps forth carrying a longbow and a grim expression. He walks over to a lit torch and dips an arrow into the flames. The arrow ignites, and Sir Paul George draws his bow back. He glances quickly at the boat downstream, then lets loose.

We follow the arrow’s flight as it soars into the air. It arcs high in the sky, before plummeting downward. It lands softly in the water, making a small splash, about twenty meters shy of the boat. Sir Paul George looks on with a grimace. The other knights exchange quick glances.

Sir Paul George reaches into his quiver for another arrow, lights it, and draws it back. He lets it loose and the eyes of all the watching knights follow the arrow’s path. This time, the arrow flies errantly off to the side and over a cluster of trees. We hear soft mutterings from the knights behind Sir Paul George as well as a few quiet chuckles. Sir Reggie the Miller lets loose a great sigh from behind him.

We cut quickly to the flight of the arrow as it flies high over the trees and arcs downward onto a windy street. It strikes hard into a goblet being carried by Sir Anthony of Brow who is riding with his teammate Sir Bobby. The goblet shatters onto the ground and Sir Anthony and Sir Bobby dismount their horses and quickly try to save the liquid.

Sir Anthony: “Oh no! There are only a few drops left! This potion was supposed to lead us to victory!”

Sir Bobby: “There’s just enough to give to each starter, but only for one fight. We will have to pick our battle wisely.”

We cut back to the shore. Sir Paul George is looking frustrated now and lights one more arrow. He takes a deep breath, pulls back the bow string, and releases. Instead of watching the arrow this time, our camera focuses on Sir Paul George’s face. We hear a soft “Plop” from the distance and Sir Paul George closes his eyes in disappointment. This time the other knights are less quiet about their mutterings.

Sir Oscar: “I thought his nickname was Playoff P? He can’t hit a shot!”

Sir Middleton: “More like PG13%, am I right?”

Sir J.J.: “The pyre is too far now, no one will be able to light it!”

We focus on Sir Reggie once more, who shakes his head before pushing past Sir Paul George and forcefully taking the bow from his hands. He shoves Sir Paul George out of the way and lights an arrow in the flames. He raises his head and looks over to a flag off to the side on the shore which bears the barracuda crest with the number twenty inside. The flag is blowing steadily in the direction of the wind. Sir Reggie draws back the bow, and releases.

Sir Reggie turns around while the arrow is still airborne, flips the bow to Sir Paul George, and walks off.

We focus on the boat, which is now turning slightly around a bend. The arrow strikes down into the straw next to Lord 20ks and spreads its flames.

The knights on the shore bow their heads and pay their last respects to their Lord.

We cut to the fighting courtyard where the knights from House 20ks are getting ready to fight.

Sir Oscar: “What little hope we had is now lost. We are only still alive in two of the tournaments, and now that our lord has left us, we are sure to lose. We play Lord benhoidal in both tournaments. What chance do we have?”

Sir Reggie: “Sir Hakeem, fearless leader, you fought for Lord benhoidal during the Savage War. Surely you can guide us. Tell us how to beat the Devil Lord.”

The knights all look over to their tallest knight. Sir Hakeem makes a grand figure, standing straight, fully armored apart from his helm, and framed by the setting sun behind him. He is looking off into the distance, but turns his head round to face his fellow knights.

“Lord benhoidal’s knights are bigger than we are. They are faster, stronger, more experienced, and on paper, they’re just better. And they know it too. Lord benhoidal is as cocky a Lord as there has ever been. But I want to tell you something that they don’t know.”

Sir Hakeem looks each of his fellow knights in the eye.

“They don’t know our heart. Lord 20ks had the biggest heart of any lord I have ever had the pleasure of fighting for. Our lord had a rough go of it from the very start of this process. During the selection draft he was run over by a carriage being driven by Lord robusk. Did that stop him?”

The knights gathered round all shout in unison, “No!”

Sir Hakeem: “When the preseason polls came out, not one lord gave us a chance. Did that stop Lord 20ks?”

“No!”

Sir Hakeem: “When we started off the tournament red-hot and shot to the top of the standings, no one noticed. No one gave us credit. Did that stop our lord?”

“No!”

Sir Hakeem: “No! Lord 20ks’s heart was so big, that he had to plunge his dagger through it to escape his pain. And when he did, not one lord cared. Not one lord even noticed. They do not have the hearts of our Lord. And Lord benhoidal? Does he even have a heart? I am sick and tired of hearing about what a great lord he is. He does not have our heart. No one in this tournament has our heart.”

Sir Hakeem looks off into the distance for a second and when he turns back to his fellow knights, his voice is but a whisper.

Sir Hakeem: “Lay that heart on the line today. If you do that, we cannot lose. Lord 20ks may not be with us on the field this fight, but he will be watching. We are the only ones left who care. We are the only ones left who still honor his memory. Show him what our hearts are made of!”

Sir Hakeem unsheathes his sword, plunges it in the air, and screams, “For Lord 20ks!”

“Lord 20ks!”

Sir Hakeem: “BARRACUDAS!”

“BARRACUDAS!”

The knights charge the field, following Sir Hakeem’s lead. We hear the clash of steel as they cross blades with Lord benhoidal’s knights.

Sir Cowens, Sir Bellamy, and Sir Varejao are immediately knocked out by the war hammer of Sir Boban, the Giant Slayer.

Sir J.J., Sir Wesley, and Sir Middleton are shot full of arrows a second later by Sir Danny the Green.

Sir Richardson, Sir King, and Sir Paul George are felled by Sir Deron, Sir Nate, and Sir Mullin.

Sir Reggie is loosing arrows left and right, but none can pierce the belly of the Boogie Knight, who laughs and cuts Sir Reggie down.

Sir Oscar tries a triple strike against Sir Jamario, Sir Bell, and Sir John Collins, but all three knights parry. He then tries a double strike against Sir Jamario and Sir Bell. The two knights parry, and Sir John Collins steps in and stabs Sir Oscar.

Sir Hakeem is locked in combat with Sir Anthony of Brow, Sir Artis the Rigorous, and Sir Bobby. He manages to shake the blades of Sir Anthony and Sir Bobby, and land one of his own on Sir Artis. Another shake and he dodges a blow from Sir Bobby and rings his helm with his blade. As Sir Anthony strikes forward, Sir Hakeem blocks the thrust with his shield, shakes his own sword in the air, and then plunges it forward. Sir Anthony barely manages to parry and is knocked to the ground.

The rest of Lord benhoidal’s knights join Sir Anthony, Sir Artis, and Sir Bobby and surround Sir Hakeem.

Sir Hakeem lets loose a guttural scream and charges straight towards the enemy knights. “TWENTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!”

We cut to Sir Hakeem laying on the ground moaning as Sir Anthony and Sir Bobby stand over him.

Sir Bobby: “Which lord did we just fight anyways?”

Sir Anthony: “I have no idea.”

Our screen goes black and white block letters take over the screen: GAME OF ZONES.
10/13/2020 9:40 PM (edited)
Oh sure, every other episode you guys are tripping over each other to pat Ben on the back. Not this one. Dead silence.

Typical.
10/13/2020 1:39 PM
Posted by 20ks on 10/13/2020 1:39:00 PM (view original):
Oh sure, every other episode you guys are tripping over each other to pat Ben on the back. Not this one. Dead silence.

Typical.
Is this real or are you just joking? I am going to assume joking.

I thought it was good. He really dumped a lot of content out the last few days. I didn't even realize he had a new one up. I think there is a joke about you not being there that I kind of missed but overall typical of his very good writing. The joke about me running you over was pretty hilarious.

If not joking: feedback fatigue maybe?
10/13/2020 1:42 PM
Posted by 20ks on 10/13/2020 1:39:00 PM (view original):

Typical.
...it has been up for a little more than 12 hours. We were sleeping for most of them.
10/13/2020 2:22 PM
So, this ain't the end, I saw you again, today
I had to turn my heart away

this episode slaps

You gonna burn, burn, burn, burn to the wick
ooo, barracuda
10/13/2020 2:35 PM
Game of Zones: Episode ???

”I will clear my name,” Lord bds9992 said. “You’ll see! I’ll be back! You haven’t seen the last of meeeeeeee!!!!!!!”

Then he melted into a bucket.

The end.
10/13/2020 5:40 PM
oh **** episode 21's out. Reading.
10/13/2020 8:08 PM
◂ Prev 1...15|16|17|18|19...25 Next ▸
Game of Zones - SAVAGE Season 2 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.